default header

News

Shenmue III

Moderator: JC Denton

Shenmue III

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Aug 2007 22:20

Korean site Ruliweb has a list of Sega's TGS 2007 lineup, and Shenmue 3 is on it. (It should actually be Shenmue III, but whatever.)

http://ruliweb2.empas.com/ruliboard/rea ... &main=xbox

I've no idea whether this is bollocks, but the inclusion of a compilation titled Shenmue I & II Plus, again for the 360, would make a lot of sense if it isn't...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Molloy » 05 Aug 2007 02:32

I read on another forum that the list is complete bollocks.

I didn't see official confirmation or anything but I'd be happy if that was the case. I'm the biggest AM2 fan on the planet but I've always hated Shemue. I'd rather have a new Space Harrier over that shit.

It's a pretty dull list anyway. Just sequel, sequel, sequel. The thing I've always liked about Sega is their disinclination to milk their franchises to the point of tedium.
Molloy

Unread postby lock » 05 Aug 2007 17:36

I'm the first one who would want a comeback for Shenmue. If the sales were good the saga would have been completed by now, but the truth is that nobody gives a shit about this game. :cry:
lock

Unread postby Some guy » 03 Mar 2013 23:49

http://gematsu.com/2013/03/yu-suzuki-co ... henmue-iii

Sal Romano wrote:There may be hope for Shenmue III yet. At the Monaco Anime / Game Show, French TV journalist Sebastien-Abdelhamid interviewed series creator Yu Suzuki, who said he is considering crowdfunding to develop Shenmue III.

“Yu Suzuki said he is considering crowdfunding like Kickstarter to fund Shenmue III,” said Abdelhamid.

In a separate tweet, he added: “Yu Suzuki would also continue the story of Shenmue through anime or manga.”
Some guy

Return to News