News

[PC] [MAC] Chaos Reborn

Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] [MAC] Chaos Reborn

Unread postby Amor fati » 18 Mar 2014 14:46

Chaos-Reborn.jpg

Official site: http://www.chaos-reborn.com

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... ginal-x-co

Julian Gollop wrote:Chaos Reborn is a game with nail-biting decisions and twists of fate. Every battle is different, every realm is unique, and there is always something new to discover.

Based on my cult classic ZX Spectrum game ‘Chaos’, first published in 1985 by Games Workshop, Chaos Reborn is part sequel, part re-imagining of that original game brought up-to-date with high quality presentation.

The magic combat system remains true to the original Chaos. It is all about summoning a host of weird and mythical creatures, moving and fighting with them, and using your wizard to attack, defend, buff and de-buff with large array of spells. It is highly tactical and fast paced. But Chaos Reborn expands considerably on this by offering multiplayer modes, a single-player RPG system and co-op play.

Currently, we have an online multi-player prototype working, which you can see in the video. A third of the spells are implemented, but most of the graphics are place-holder and none of the creatures have animations yet. However, the game is fully functional and great fun to play. With your help we can implement all the features in our game design, and deliver the final game to you by spring 2015.

Thank you for your support, and I hope to be playing Chaos Reborn with you soon.

Julian Gollop wrote:At the core of Chaos Reborn is the battle between wizards, fought in an arena with a limited selection of spells. The last wizard standing is declared the victor. Features include:

• Quick playing, turn-based combat. Battles typically last 10-30 minutes.

• 80 unique spells, including 24 creatures - from dragons to goblins - fully animated in the 3D Unity Engine.

• Classic spells from the original Chaos - including the Gooey Blob, Raise Dead, and Magic Wood.

• Bluff and deception - summon creatures as illusions for 100% success, and use Disbelieve spell on suspected enemy illusions.

• Manipulate the balance of the Cosmos between Law and Chaos to your advantage.

• Procedurally generated 3D battle arenas with various types of terrain, and different levels of elevation.

• Multiple game modes, including Classic Chaos mode - fully random battle set-up with random selection of spells.

The original Chaos was always renowned as a great multiplayer game that could mix up human and AI wizards for a truly exciting battle. Chaos Reborn builds on this, adding several new features:

• Multiplayer online matches - asynchronous or live

• Offline multiplayer battles on one machine (hotseat mode)

• Online rankings and league system

• Tournaments with prizes

• Extensive co-op options, for multiplayer matches - 2 vs 2, or human co-op vs AI players

• Guild system with guild rankings and guild tournaments

• Trade items and equipment with your friends or guild members

Julian Gollop wrote:I have been working on Chaos Reborn for over a year, refining the game design, creating a playable prototype and building my team. With your help I will use the Kickstarter funds to put my small but talented team to work full time on Chaos Reborn with the objective of completing the game by May 2015. I have set up a new development company called Snapshot Games Inc., and the development studio will be established here in Sofia, Bulgaria, where I have been living for the last eight years. I will use my extensive experience as a designer and producer build a highly effective and creative development studio. Snapshot Games will be solely dedicated to working on Chaos Reborn until completion.

cr2.jpg
cr2.jpg (75.87 KiB) Viewed 4352 times

cr4.jpg
cr4.jpg (102.62 KiB) Viewed 4352 times

cr7.jpg
cr7.jpg (105.15 KiB) Viewed 4352 times

cr3.jpg
cr3.jpg (110.22 KiB) Viewed 4352 times

cr8.jpg
cr8.jpg (93.4 KiB) Viewed 4352 times

Kickstarter pitch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF5yE-JoAqA
Footage with commentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXv6C2VfjPQ