News

[PC] [PS4] Danger Zone

Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] [PS4] Danger Zone

Unread postby Amor fati » 17 May 2017 20:19

dzlogo.jpg
dzlogo.jpg (12.42 KiB) Viewed 5676 times

http://www.threefieldsentertainment.com/danger-zone/

Danger Zone is an all new 3D vehicular destruction game, a genre we know well. The concept is simple : crash for cash by creating the biggest car crash.

The Danger Zone is a virtual Crash Testing Facility where players step into the shoes of a Crash Test driver and are challenged to survive a variety of spectacular crash testing scenarios.

It’s easy to crash, but can you also grab all of the Bonus Pickups?

Powered by Unreal Engine, Danger Zone combines real physical crashes with explosive gameplay. Shunt vehicles into oncoming traffic, take down trailers to shed their payloads and use your explosive “SmashBreaker” to move your vehicle around. The more explosions you cause, the bigger your score.

If you’re feeling burnt out by congestion and jammed roads, take the highway to the Danger Zone. Take your revenge on rush hour traffic. This place is a paradise for those who like their driving flame-grilled.

Features:

• Single Player Game Mode featuring 20 unique crash testing scenarios.
• Connected Leaderboards allow comparison of player scores between Friends and the whole world.

Danger Zone will be available for digital download on the PlayStation 4 and for PC via the Steam Store on May 30th 2017.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... crash-mode

Christian Donlan wrote:Dangerous Golf, the first game from Three Fields Entertainment, a studio founded by a bunch of the people who made Burnout's legendary Crash Mode, was basically Crash Mode indoors and with golf balls. The team's latest game, called Danger Zone, has an even simpler sales pitch: it's Dangerous Golf outdoors and with cars. It's Burnout's Crash Mode. There are tweaks, which I will get to in a second, but the glory of the thing is its insane purity. Burnout's slow-mo sparks and lovingly-indulged collisions, reduced to a bunch of promising junctions, this time located within a sort of futuristic test chamber. All ready and waiting. All waiting to be transformed into baroque automotive pile-ups. Remember the way that collectable score boosters used to float in the air in Crash Mode? They float in the air the same way here. Remember the noise they used to make when you collected them? Guess what. Guess what.

After a day of playing the preview build, I am in love. I am also still mainly on the first level, and while this probably counts as dereliction of previewing duty, it's the clearest way I can make a point about the ungodly potency of what Three Fields is serving up here. Sure, I have played through all of the eight junctions available at this point and I have noticed the new expansiveness to proceedings - the way that roads can carve for a long time before leading you to incident, the way that a flyover may hide a promising underpass that you only discover on your third attempt. I have enjoyed some luxuriously long air-times, and worked my way through courses in which you need to ping between points boosts with unusual precision. But I have always been drawn back to the first level, because there is unfinished business there. And that is a good sign. That is the best sign.

dz6.jpeg
dz6.jpeg (72.11 KiB) Viewed 5676 times

dz7.jpeg
dz7.jpeg (60.81 KiB) Viewed 5676 times

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WC2sdU5vlI
Amor fati

Return to News