default header

Games

[PC] Life is Feudal

Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] Life is Feudal

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Dec 2017 07:13

I doubt anything can take Rust's crown anytime soon, but this at least has promise.

Life is Feudal: MMO
http://store.steampowered.com/app/70003 ... eudal_MMO/

Steam wrote:Hardcore and realistic, Life is Feudal: MMO showcases medieval life on a grand scale. Players will use survival skills, immersive RPG features, a thriving economy, community building, diplomacy and warfare to survive and flourish in the unforgiving world of Abella.

January 2018.

The OBT has already started and people can jump in anytime: https://play.lifeisfeudal.com/

screen-1-bg.6315bc42.jpg

I am considering it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Dec 2017 07:16

By the way, use this thread to talk about the previous, non-MMO, versions of the game as well. As I understand it, they are restricted versions of the full game released to gather the funds necessary to finish it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Sep 2018 14:16

Videogame Art: Life is Feudal: MMO (2017) - Part I
https://www.patreon.com/posts/21344379

icycalm wrote:I have news for you, buddy: if you aren't "ruining" your life over it, to some extent or another, you are not playing a great game...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Sep 2018 23:01

From the Steam page:

Bitbox wrote:The full version of Life is Feudal: MMO will be feature complete. We plan to implement ships and basic naval warfare, advanced AI and hostile NPC encounters. We are continuing to add, finish and polish the siege mechanics, along with all of the many others already included within the game. We are adding more siege equipment, siege engines and a number of other secondary features that the community will choose by voting for their favorites. Along with these new features, players can expect a more polished and smooth gameplay experience in the full version of the game.

Ships and naval warfare sound fantastic. I'd been thinking about that while experiencing the currently basic water mechanics and how much richer they'd make the game. You'd have much more of a reason to build on the coast, and you'd gain tremendous freedom of travel, and speed of travel, by building ships. Rust took years to introduce even a tiny little rowboat, and you don't even craft it there, so the ability to build an entire navy would almost double the complexity of the game. Hostile NPCs is also a fantastic idea, as I recently realized while playing Crytek's excellent Hunt: Showdown. Rust doesn't need them so much, because you can barely swing a dead cat without hitting a bloodthirsty naked player there, but in something slower and more realistic (and therefor emptier) like LiF they'd be a fantastic addition. However, my feeling is that development has slowed since the negative reviews started gaining the upper hand on Steam in recent months, so we may never see any of this. Nevertheless I'll keep playing and stay hopeful. I might or might not start inviting people from the LiF Steam forum to join my guild, and/or Rust players I know, depending on how many CULT people end up getting into this. And of course I've no idea what I am going to do if our settlement gets wiped. Not sure if I'd have the courage to start from scratch again in that scenario, so I'll do what I can to secure it over the coming days.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games