Sine Mora

Games

[PS3] [360] [PC] [PS4] [ONE] [SW] Sine Mora

Moderator: JC Denton

[PS3] [360] [PC] [PS4] [ONE] [SW] Sine Mora

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Aug 2010 22:58

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/18/suda- ... la-and-psn

Alexander Sliwinski wrote:Suda 51 just announced Sine Mora for PSN and Xbox Live Arcade this evening at Gamescom. The horizontal space shmup is being co-developed through a new partnership between Suda's Grasshopper Manufacture and Digital Reality. Grasshopper will provide art direction, music and sound. Digital Reality, perhaps best known as the developer of the Imperium Galactica games, will be publishing the title. The partnership between the two companies will also include "a range of [other] titles," though no information about further releases was forthcoming.

Sine Mora is scheduled for a worldwide Q3 2011 release and will support 3D in the PSN version. The lack of major announcements at this year's convention prompted Suda to joke that "this is going to be the biggest announcement of this Gamescom."
Last edited by icycalm on 27 Mar 2017 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Aug 2010 22:58

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 16#p603916

Reiker wrote:Hello guys,

I'm from Digital Reality, Grasshopper's development partner on Sine Mora. Unfortunately, I'm not able to reveal much before we release more information about the game. So, some non-secret facts:

1. Every single member of the development team on our side is a hardcore STG fan.
2. Main influences behind the title: setting - Battle Garegga, gameplay - Einhander / R-Type.
3. Not a danmaku, but definitely not a euroshooter.
4. Our primary goal is to develop a game which is accessible to the newcomers and SIMULTANEOUSLY to implement solid gameplay mechanics which justify recording a superplay DVD.
5. More details soon (More details = trailer, screens. Soon = 2010).

Also, I'd like to thank you in advance for your feedback - we're watching this forum pretty regularly.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Aug 2010 23:01

Riker wrote:1. Every single member of the development team on our side is a hardcore STG fan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Reality

Games published

* Reunion
* Imperium Galactica
* Imperium Galactica II
* Platoon
* Haegemonia: Legions of Iron
* Desert Rats vs Afrika Korps
* The Solon Heritage (add-on of Haegemonia)
* D-Day
* War on Terror
* War Front: Turning Point

lol
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Reiker » 23 Aug 2010 14:05

Hello Alex,

Thanks for the research... but the company is not the same as the development team, and the development team is not the same as the company.

Digital Reality has 100+ employees, Sine Mora on our side (the other side is Grasshopper Manufacture) has 9.

Best wishes,

Theodore Reiker
Digital Reality
Reiker

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Aug 2010 21:53

Whatever, dude. There probably aren't nine "hardcore STG fans" IN ALL OF HUNGARY, let alone working for a Hungarian developer that specializes in strategy games.

My advice to you is to leave the PR to the PR scum and invest the extra time in making a good game. If that goes according to plan -- who knows. There might even come a time when you won't even NEED PR scum (see, for example, these dudes).
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Oct 2010 15:18

A few tidbits about the game among other random, mostly lolworthy, comments.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70755 ... da-51.html

Here is the relevant passage:

G4: Since we don’t know much about it at this point, tell us a little about Sine Mora.

Suda 51: This is the first title from the collaboration between Digital Reality and Grasshopper Manufacture. Director Theo [Reiker] at Digital Reality created the prototype and now their shifting to the actual production period. We’re going to provide art direction and also sound to help them. The world for the game and the scenario and the game design and technology will be provided by Digital Reality.

G4: How has the collaboration been so far?

S51: I think the most important part is the communication with the other director, and I think it’s very important for us to understand what he wants and how he thinks, so we’re going to receive all of what he wants to do, and provide our feedback...It’s not really our first time working with a foreign director but still it is a rare experience. The director has a very great passion for the game, and he also has the solid idea of how this game should be, and so for us, we really want to help them create his vision.

G4: And what is that vision?

S51: [Sine Mora] a side-scrolling shooter. The world is really created by Theo, and he has a very good idea of what the world should be, and he wants to create a world with diesel-punk style, and I think the game will be based in a near future setting.

G4: And of course it’s a downloadable title coming to Xbox Live and PlayStation Network. Have you been wanting to make a downloadable game for a while now? Do you think you’ll pursue more original downloadable titles in the future?

Shadows of the Damned, Sine Mora, And Beyond: Catching Up With Suda 51S51: Last year, there was no title released that was developed by us. There wasn’t a year like that before, so it was kind of a shock, and I thought it was not a good situation at all. We couldn’t really provide anything for the worldwide audience, and that was something I regret strongly, so I thought, “We really need to start creating games on a much faster pace. Digital distribution is definitely the way. We’d definitely love to create original Grasshopper titles as well, like maybe titles from Akira Yamaoka, or even from Kazutoshi Iida, who is also another really genius, famous creator that we have, and some young creators that we have in-house.

G4: The downloadable space also seems particular well suited to your sort of mashup style. But rather than combining a bunch of genres and game types into one larger title, you could just release those pieces as standalone downloadable games.

S51: Yeah. Absolutely.

G4: Sine Mora supports 3D too, right?

S51: Yes.

G4: Does it support Move?

S51: I don’t think they’re going to do that.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Aug 2011 16:06

At last some news on this. A shitty trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41zlVMQber0

though I do LOVE the first line there:

"BEHIND EVERY GENOCIDE THERE IS A PHILOSOPHY"

Amazing stuff lol, though whoever wrote the lines fucks up a bit later with the "survival" stuff (though he makes up for it in the end...)

And a cool in-game video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slcgCDEtRwA

Apart from how piss-easy it seems, and perhaps also how unappealing the player's ship... aesthetically at least it looks superb (watch out for how atmospheric the entrance into the cave half-way through is...)

So yeah, we'll see. Interesting stuff, at any rate.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Feb 2012 21:55

http://shogungamer.com/news/13260/sine- ... -interview

"Shogun Gamer" lol. It's astonishing how many shitty gaming sites there are these days. Anyway. I skimmed the shitty little interview. Reiker is still spewing a lot of bullshit, of course. Garegga encapsulates "the essence" of shooting games lol. If you haven't played any of them, maybe. What a loser.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 18 Oct 2012 06:52

Played 2 credits of this, Arcade mode on Hard. It is the prettiest 2.5D game ever. The animation of the bosses is stunning, but everything has detail through the roof. Screens, and even videos, do NOT do this game justice: you have to see it in 32-inches right up against your face to really appreciate it. It makes everything else I have on the machine look pathetic: certainly Strania, and even Uprising, to an extent. Of course you know you are playing a euroshmup from the very first moments (if not even before you begin playing, from the bewildering array of modes and menu options), but certainly the coolest-looking, most interesting euroshmup I've ever seen -- not to mention the only title Grashopper has worked on since Killer 7 that might actually be good.

But man, the bullet patterns on that first boss. So awkward. Is this thing even balanced for a 1CC?

But anyway, there's just too much information to decode right now for me, and it was 6am and I was hella tired so I switched back to good old Raiden IV, which plays like a dream and flows like water. But man, does it look ugly following up on Sine Mora, and I used to LOVE the way Raiden IV looked. Fucking euroshmup ruined my favorite 360 shooter for me.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Nov 2012 22:37

Even Recap likes Sine Mora's graphics lol:

Recap wrote:Cuanto más enseñan (e intentado ignorar las balas), mejor creo que luce. Como con Ikaruga, una de esas pocas veces en que el uso de polígonos queda justificado y bien aprovechado. Habrá que ver qué tal se deja jugar...

http://postback.geedorah.com/foros/view ... 151#p16151

Contrary to what he says, however, the use of polygons is always justified as long as the result is beautiful enough. There is nothing mechanical, no particular set of mechanical characteristics, which makes one type of 2D game less suitable for a 2.5D treatment than another -- as he would like to think.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby earthboundtrev » 21 Jul 2017 15:59

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/sine-mora-ex ... mer-switch

Sal Romano wrote:Sine Mora EX will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on August 8, followed by Switch later this summer, publisher THQ Nordic announced.

The game will be available both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, as well Switch. The PC version is digital only.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/606730/Sine_Mora_EX/
earthboundtrev

Return to Games