Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] [ONE] [PS4] Ghost of a Tale

Unread postby Dolt » 26 May 2013 17:02

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ghost ... ale?c=home

Alpha Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOi04BRQI1k

GoaT_001.jpg

GoaT_002.jpg

GoaT_003.jpg

Seith wrote:Among the inspirations I could quote Disney's "Robin Hood", the fables of La Fontaine, "Redwall", "Winnie the Pooh", "The Secret of Nimh", "The Dark Crystal", the paintings of Alan Lee, John Howe, Paul Bonner, John Bauer, and many, many others...

Game-wise the inspirations could be found in the early "Zelda" games, "Ico", the "Gothic" series and "Dark Souls". Of course those are mere inspirations; this project can obviously not expect to compete on equal footing with those amazing games.

But my goal is to craft a small yet beautiful game with environments that look a bit like movie sets and characters that have a sense of stylization in their design, while retaining a certain simplicity and immediacy as far as gameplay is involved.

I know it sounds hockey but I'm really trying to recapture the sense of wonder I felt as a kid when I discovered the games from the 80s and early 90s. But with a AAA quality (as far as I'm able) that's very much up-to-date.
Dolt

Unread postby icycalm » 26 May 2013 18:32

Only none of his "inspirations" has a rat for a protagonist. And if there is a Japanese game somewhere with a rat-like protagonist, it'd be a 2D effort where the rat is 20 pixels across and highly cute and stylized, not a fucking photorealistic rat that takes up half the screen and whose fucking ass is always in your face.

Utterly disgusting attempt at a game, as is to be expected from an "indie" bum with the aesthetic sense of a... fucking rat.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 26 May 2013 22:50

His "inspirations" are basically gibberish. Winnie the Pooh and Dark Souls, lol. Why not Barbie and Postal? It'd make more sense than that.

And why Dark Souls instead of Demon's Souls? They are basically the same game. Oh but the second one sold more and is more well known. Just throwing in whatever seems to him to be more hip at the moment, while clearly having nothing to do with his retarded little student game. OH BUT MY GAME HAS SKELETONS IN IT. Retard.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Mar 2018 05:01

Released March 13.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/41729 ... id=6528969

Steam wrote:Ghost of a Tale is an action-RPG game in which you play as Tilo, a mouse and minstrel thrown into a perilous adventure. Through stealth and cunning you’ll be able to explore the secrets of Dwindling Heights Keep and navigate its dangers.

culture.vg wrote:Disgusting character design. No thanks.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games