default header

Games

Uber

Moderator: JC Denton

Uber

Unread postby icycalm » 16 Oct 2014 18:59

PM exchange between me and a user on the Uber forums:

I wrote:About that car...

The one you said some Uber employee bought? Do you have a link for that? I don't want to ask you in the public forum, but if it's true, it's quite the scandal.

elkanfirst wrote:Hej :)
I searched on Reddit, but I can't find it right now. It was a screenshot from a thread where the user Uber_Neutrino was speaking about Rolexs, and buying a Ferrari for 300K dollars.

I wouldn't be surprised if the screenshot has been removed, or the original thread was as well.

But it will come back, eventually. I bet that someone still has the screenshot.

Sorry for not being able to be more helpful. I'll keep an eye open, perhaps I'll find it later on.

But, honestly, I don't think it's such a scandal. It's private money. What I don't like is the Kickstarter model business.

If they have the money to buy a Ferrari for 300k, on three (Neutrino, Mavor, and Scathis), it's already 900K. They don't need Kickstarter to start up a new project.

If you believe in something you take personally the risk. It's so lame to charge your fan base with the risk, all the dammit times. That pisses me off.

I wrote:I actually found it. https://www.reddit.com/r/planetaryannih ... me/cl03fur

And yeah, it makes you see them in a different light. On the other hand, dude, if I was handed 2.2 Mil tomorrow, even if it was meant to feed African children, I'd grab 300K and go to the nearest Ferrari dealer myself too, and I'd cut corners to make the rest of it stretch a little bit more. I just thought that they'd have more integrity than me lol :) But they are human after all, it seems.

ULX9sTJ.png

I wrote:By the way, neutrino and Mavor are the same person.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games