[PC] [PS4] [ONE] Assetto Corsa

Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] [PS4] [ONE] Assetto Corsa

Unread postby Amor fati » 03 Jun 2015 16:08

ac-logo.jpg
ac-logo.jpg (21.43 KiB) Viewed 7238 times

Official site: http://www.assettocorsa.net

http://www.assettocorsa.net/coming-to-console-2016/

505 Games today announced a partnership with Italian developer Kunos Simulazioni to publish the current generation console versions of Assetto Corsa, the highly acclaimed racing game. Currently available on Steam, Assetto Corsa is regarded as one of the most authentic racing simulators on the market.

Aptly branded “Your Racing Simulator,” Assetto Corsa ups the simulation stakes by emphasizing and focusing on pure physics realism, with precision accuracy across every aspect from the meticulousness car handling to the laser-measured tracks.

The standout stars of the game are of course the cars themselves; Assetto Corsa has partnered with the most prestigious automotive manufacturers to license life-like models of the genre’s biggest stars, from Ferrari to Fiat, from McLaren to Mercedes, and Lamborghini to Lotus.

Players are able to further deepen their playing experience by adjusting the handling and race set-up of each and every car in-game, whereby cars can be individually tuned to cater for your personal racing style. The overall racing experience can be further modified by adjusting everything from driver attributes to collision damage, to deliver a thrilling and true racing experience. All of these features together breed the realism that Assetto Corsa is known and celebrated for.

Making its console debut in 2016, Assetto Corsa will bring specific features such as

• Over one hundred high-performance cars, including the Team Lotus 98T, the Pagani Zonda R, the Ferrari LaFerrari, the Mercedes C9 and the McLaren MP4-12C GT3
• Over twenty different track configurations, including famed courses such as Silverstone Circuit, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, and Nürburgring-Nordschleife
• Single and Multiplayer racing modes, with customizable Race Weekends, preset Challenges or full-scale Career Mode
• Refined race-craft AI, with up to twenty-four cars competing for the podium places in the PC version of the game

Based in Rome, Kunos Simulazioni is a development studio specializing in the creation of business simulators for the most influential Italian automotive companies – including Ferrari. This collaboration diversifies 505 Games’ product portfolio with the addition of a high-octane adrenaline pumping racing title.

Asseto Corsa will be making its E3 debut this year showcasing brand new PC content, and will be released on PS4 and XBOX One in 2016. Assetto Corsa is available now for PC download via STEAM.

ac8.jpeg

ac10.jpeg

ac24.jpeg

ac23.jpeg

ac20.jpg

Launch teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdejU7orTuk
Amor fati

Unread postby Amor fati » 03 Jun 2015 16:12

http://pretendracecars.net/2015/06/01/h ... uccessful/

James wrote:My creative side got the best of me tonight, and with our own rumors fueling my imagination, I got to thinking, how in the world could Assetto Corsa be successful on the Playstation 4? Despite hands-down the best overall driving physics ever seen in a consumer simulation, Assetto Corsa on PC still has its flaws. The game’s AI needs work, online modes and functionality are nowhere close to what’s seen in gMotor-based simulations (and what we’ve come to expect from racing sims in 2015), and bugs within the software itself are still being ironed out as we speak. Kunos, I love what you’ve given us so far, but there’s still a long road ahead.

And with the disastrous launch of Project CARS, one marred by bugs, glitches, and bad game design choices, the door is wide open for a game like Assetto Corsa to steal the thunder away from Slightly Mad Studios and drop a fantastic racing sim on the masses. The problem is, with the game still having unfinished elements on PC, and Project CARS players already becoming bored with a fully-featured career mode and online format, how in the world do you make the best with what Assetto Corsa currently has to offer? You can’t just drop a bare-bones hardcore racing simulation on console gamers, it doesn’t end well. Race Pro and Project CARS already proved that straight PC ports of racing sims don’t translate very well into the console environment.
Amor fati

Unread postby icycalm » 03 Jun 2015 16:24

This game has gotten tremendous feedback for its Oculus Rift functionality. Together with a couple other early standouts like Elite: Dangerous and Alien: Isolation it is one of the first things I will be trying when I setup my DK1 (though I might buy a DK2 before that, and play the games on that if my PC can handle them).

Whoever plays these games without a Rift is butchering them, so on the one hand I understand the man's concerns, on the other hand no self-respecting enthusiast would consider the console versions at all, so who cares. If they bring in enough money so that the devs can use it to keep adding stuff to the PC version, I am all for them. If only Uber could get such a quick and easy cash injection with PA... And it's the same with the recently announced D:OS console port. These games don't work well with consoles, but if console players don't mind buying them, whatever. I am sure they can still be enjoyed in downgraded form, so why should people who are not very particular about these things be prevented from contributing to the developers' funding efforts?

The big danger is consolification, but with projects like these, which began as PC titles and got console ports much later as an afterthought, it's not a big deal. Of course the same cannot be said for their sequels, if they are developed with the ports in mind from the beginning... but the above have proved responsible devs so far, so let's give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Amor fati » 29 Aug 2016 15:11

https://pretendracecars.net/2016/08/28/ ... -disaster/

James wrote:I really wasn’t looking forward to writing this article, because there’s just so much to cover in an effective and concise format. Many of us knew full well dating back to the initial announcement last spring that the release of Assetto Corsa on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One would be a legendary embarrassment for Italian developer Kunos Simulazioni thanks to a slew of technical issues and design choices plaguing the PC version, but watching the disaster unfold in real-time among online communities far and wide has almost surpassed our expectations when it came to just what kind of product would land on the shelves of your local electronics retailer. It was a safe guess that console owners would be upset at the lack of features, and on paper you can clearly see both systems would struggle to run the software without crippling hiccups, but it seems as if an entirely new set of issues have been discovered by those simply wanting a hardcore driving experience beyond what the competitors currently offer. Assetto Corsa is a complete mess, and many are unhappy with the product they’ve received.
Amor fati

Return to Games