default header

Games

[PC] [PS4] [ONE] [360] Rise of the Tomb Raider

Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] [PS4] [ONE] [360] Rise of the Tomb Raider

Unread postby dinopoke » 21 Nov 2013 13:38

New Tomb Raider in development: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/43 ... velopment/

Tom Ivan wrote:Crystal Dynamics' upcoming Tomb Raider sequel will chart "the next chapter" of Lara Croft's development.

So said Crystal Dynamics' Brian Horton, senior art director on March 2013's series reboot, during a question and answer session at last week's Bradford Animation Festival, which was attended by Electronic Theatre.

"We've announced the sequel... I'm glad I can finally talk about," said Horton. "The Tomb Raider sequel is the next chapter of [Lara's] development... her life is changing. She can't go back to the way she was."

This year's Tomb Raider game tells an origins story in which Lara Croft is a young archaeology graduate on her first expedition. After successfully finding and eventually escaping the lost kingdom of Yamatai, she decides there are many more myths to be explored and resolves to discover the truth behind them.

Despite the critically acclaimed game not meeting sales expectations, Square Enix US and Europe chief executive Phil Rogers announced on August 1 that a next-gen follow-up was "well into development".

Asked last week about the budget for the upcoming sequel, Horton reportedly said: "We don't talk about our budgets... it's a well financed game. We're not spending any more on a sequel than on the original game."

An upcoming Tomb Raider comic from publisher Dark Horse will "lead directly into the sequel", according to writer Gail Simone, who said earlier this year: "The biggest difference is, the game told a claustrophobic story in an isolated setting. We are going globetrotting."

In related news, Square Enix this week filed a European trademark application for Lara Croft Reflections, having filed a US one earlier this year. As spotted by Junkie Monkeys, the application covers games and printed materials.
dinopoke

Unread postby dinopoke » 12 Jun 2014 15:33

http://www.tombraider.com/

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2014/06/ris ... unced.html

1402338741-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-logo.jpg

Crystal Dynamics Unveils Rise of the Tomb Raider

Crystal Dynamics, a Square Enix studio, today announced its latest title in the critically acclaimed and award-winning Tomb Raider series, Rise of the Tomb Raider. The game will redefine survival action in Holiday 2015.

In her first adventure, Lara Croft was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world. In the next chapter of her journey, Lara must use her survival skills and wits, learn to trust new friends, and ultimately accept her destiny as the Tomb Raider.

“With the power of the new generation, and our proprietary Foundation engine, our high octane action moments will be even more epic. Multiple locations around the world will be filled with exploration spaces that are some of the most beautifully hostile places on earth and over three times larger than we could achieve before,” said Darrell Gallagher, Head of Product Development and Studios at Square Enix. “Our digital actors will rival CG quality, and after hearing the cry from our fans loud and clear, we will put the tombs back into Tomb Raider, all in our gritty survival-action style.”

Rise of the Tomb Raider builds upon the formula that made Tomb Raider a success, and features the return of Camilla Luddington as Lara Croft. Camilla will take character performance to new heights as Lara pushes herself beyond human limits and is confronted with what it means to become a hero. Once again, Crystal Dynamics is proud to have the award-winning author Rhianna Pratchett as a key member of the writing team, helping craft a story that delves into Lara’s inner turmoil and motivations in this critical second act of her journey.

http://www.tombraider.com/us/images/

Concept Art:

7cb4ah4.jpg

a1PZrKw.jpg

eBjWhqK.jpg

Announcement Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhGEFLcPHsY
dinopoke

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Jun 2014 19:55

Rise of the Tomb Raider: The Tomb Raider Rises: The Risening.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Tain » 12 Aug 2014 14:34

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/94529 ... der-update

Rise of the Tomb Raider is "exclusively on Xbox":

Dear Tomb Raider Community,

As you may have seen, we’ve just announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015, is exclusively on Xbox. We consider all of you to be the lifeblood of Tomb Raider and the work we do at Crystal. I’d like to give you some insight into this decision, and why we feel this is the very best thing for the Tomb Raider sequel we’re creating at the studio.

Tomb Raider in 2013 was a success due in large part to your continued support. Our goal has always been to deliver something truly special with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Today’s announcement with Microsoft is one step to help us put Tomb Raider on top of action adventure gaming. Our friends at Microsoft have always seen huge potential in Tomb Raider and have believed in our vision since our first unveil with them on their stage at E3 2011. We know they will get behind this game more than any support we have had from them in the past - we believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming, with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft.

This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.

We know that there are probably many more questions and concerns. Please do send them to us, and we’ll answer to the best of our ability. Meanwhile we’re going all out to try and make something truly special - the most ambitious Tomb Raider game ever built.

Thanks,

Darrell Gallagher
Crystal Dynamics Head of Studios
Tain

Unread postby El Chaos » 16 Aug 2014 19:15

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... a-duration

Wesley Yin-Poole wrote:Microsoft confirms Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox exclusivity deal "has a duration"
"I don't know where else Tomb Raider goes," Phil Spencer says.

Xbox boss Phil Spencer has confirmed to Eurogamer that Microsoft's controversial exclusivity deal for Rise of the Tomb Raider "has a duration".

However, he declined to confirm how long that duration is set for.

Last night, during its Gamescom press conference, Microsoft and Square Enix made the surprise announcement that Rise of the Tomb Raider would launch holiday 2015 exclusively on Xbox. That, Spencer confirmed, means Xbox One and Xbox 360.

But the wording of its statement caused some to wonder whether the game would eventually launch on other platforms. Spencer wouldn't speak for Square Enix on this, but did compare the deal to that it had for Xbox One games Dead Rising and Ryse, which will also launch on PC.

Spencer's comments confirm Square Enix, owner of Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics, is free to do whatever it wants with the game and the franchise after the exclusivity deal ends, including releasing it on other platforms.

Here's our conversation:

"When people want me to say, can you tell us when or if it's coming to other platforms, it's not my job," Spencer told Eurogamer. "My job is not to talk about games I don't own. I have a certain relationship on this version of Tomb Raider, which we announced, and I feel really good about our long term relationship with Crystal and Square.

"I get the reaction I see. If I'm a PlayStation person all of a sudden I feel like, the franchise has gone. I didn't buy the IP. I didn't buy the studio. It's not mine. Where this thing will go over time, just like Dead Rising or Ryse, we'll see what happens with the game. I don't own every iteration of Tomb Raider.

"I don't own them building Tomb Raider on other platforms. I can't talk about the franchise that way. I can talk about the deal I have."

So, what, exactly, is that deal?

"I have Tomb Raider shipping next holiday exclusively on Xbox. It is Xbox 360 and Xbox One. I'm not trying to fake anybody out in terms of where this thing is. What they do with the franchise in the long run is not mine. I don't control it. So all I can talk about is the deal I have. I don't know where else Tomb Raider goes."

Is there a time limit on the exclusivity period?

"Yes, the deal has a duration. I didn't buy it. I don't own the franchise."

Can you tell us how long the duration is?

"No. It's not because I'm trying to be a headfake on anybody. It's a deal between us and the partner. People ask me how much did we pay. There are certain things I'm just not going to talk about because it's a business deal between us and them. Obviously the deal does have a duration. I didn't buy the IP in perpetuity."

Angry gamers have directed many of their comments towards Square Enix, accusing the publisher of selling out and alienating their PlayStation and PC owning customers.

"Our friends at Microsoft have always seen huge potential in Tomb Raider and have believed in our vision since our first unveil with them on their stage at E3 2011," wrote Darrell Gallagher on the Tomb Raider tumblr. "We know they will get behind this game more than any support we have had from them in the past - we believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming, with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft."
El Chaos
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby earthboundtrev » 19 Feb 2015 07:27

earthboundtrev

Unread postby CTF » 16 Jun 2015 12:34

CTF

Unread postby earthboundtrev » 26 Jul 2015 18:13

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/rise-tomb-ra ... liday-2016

Sal Romano wrote:Rise of the Tomb Raider will launch for PC (Windows 10) via Steam in early 2016 and for PlayStation 4 in holiday 2016, Square Enix announced.

The game will premiere first for Xbox One and Xbox 360 on November 10, this year. The PlayStation 4 version will arrive one year after its initial launch.
earthboundtrev

Unread postby earthboundtrev » 03 Jan 2016 18:57

Rise of the Tomb Raider confirmed for January 2016 on PC

1451170355-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-steam.jpg
earthboundtrev

Return to Games