default header

Welcome

Username changes

Moderator: JC Denton

Username changes

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Aug 2012 21:33

Quite a few people forget to include their preferred usernames with the PayPal form -- at least half of them in fact. Why is that? Is the form difficult to read or something?

At any rate, I've updated the Subcribe page with a notice to that effect, so hopefully the problem will be solved for new users from now on.

Still, there are plenty of recently registered users with shitty usernames like Random.Person34 or something, because, since they didn't give me a username, I had to use the first part of their email address to make one for them. If any of you dudes would like to get a proper username, let me know here and I'll do it for you, it's no big deal.

Note that this offer is only for people with 0 postcount, or at most a couple of posts. I am not going to be changing the usernames of people with hundreds of posts, because it will screw up the sense of a lot of threads.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby shubn » 23 Aug 2012 23:36

I must have missed that part of the form for some reason (probably tiredness). I'd be grateful if you could change my username to "shubn".
shubn

Unread postby knecht » 23 Aug 2012 23:41

I would like a new username, thank you. "knecht" would be my preference - "tenshin" if that isn't available.

I must confess that I didn't notice any instructions to supply a username, on either the website or the PayPal form. I think the reminder on the Subscribe page will be helpful. If I may suggest something further: I didn't notice any particular place (like a data field in the PayPal form or on the website) where usernames would be entered and sent to you - that may be helpful to point out as well.

Looking forward to reading more of your work.
knecht

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Aug 2012 17:26

I don't know how I could "point out" the field in the PayPal form better than it already is. I have not personally seen the form because PayPal will not allow me to send money to myself, but plenty of people are obviously seeing the extra field, since they are completing it -- just not all of them, a bit less than half perhaps.

Perhaps some prospective user reading this can take a pic of the form before sending it, and then post the pic here after his account has been activated.

But like I said, the notice in the subscription page should solve the problem for all but the most absentminded of users. For the rest there's this thread (which is as much to say, don't email me), and for the rest rest they can keep their shitty usernames.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby RCP » 27 Aug 2012 11:58

I would like my username changed to "RCP", thanks.
RCP

Unread postby grander » 29 Aug 2012 23:10

Please change my username to "grander" if possible. Thanks
grander

Unread postby ChevRage » 02 Sep 2012 00:08

I would be grateful if you could change my username to "chevvy" or "chevrage". Thanks, and sorry for the bother.
ChevRage

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Dec 2012 05:09

Two more changes:

marvulus to Fader
xraven13 to mirosurabu

The first of which sent me this image of where on PayPal you have to enter your username, if you are ordering the 4-book + subscription package:

sample.JPG

Not an extremely prominent place, I'll give you that, and there's not much I can do about it at the moment, I am afraid, but I believe that if you are just getting a subscription (which are handled via a different PayPal form) the field is far more prominent. If someone who is planning to subscribe or extend his subscription can be bothered to take a pic of that, I would appreciate it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Feb 2017 05:33

Just noting that cr.hogire was changed to panegyrist.

Also, no need to add notes with your username anymore, when renewing a subscription. PayPal doesn't seem to allow it anymore, and in any case it's not necessary; we can find your account using your name and/or email address.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Feb 2017 06:26

feelingbetter changed to immersedreality, and the old immersedreality account changed to immersedreality(old). JC is trying to find a way to merge the two accounts, but chances are he won't be able to find one, so Jeff's just going to have two accounts: a current and a retired one. As to why all this had to happen... here it is for the morbidly curious:

Jeff wrote:Hello JC,

I am a long-time Insomnia user with two accounts because the first one got banned as “collateral” damage as your email blast put it.

My banned account is: immersedreality
My unbanned account is: feelingbetter

I was very active as feelingbetter for awhile, playing games with the cult online and so forth, but I was wondering with my recent resub if it would be possible to reactive the immersedreality account instead of the feelingbetter one. All of my online accounts are under the name immersedreality, so it would be pretty sweet if I could get that alias back on insomnia. It would also match my Steam ID as part of ‘The Cult’ group, which I already saw a notification posted for on the front page of Insomnia!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby JC Denton » 15 Oct 2018 02:41

Changed Dark_Emerald to Zezemaya.
JC Denton
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby JC Denton » 15 Oct 2018 07:34

Changed Melty to Diamond Dawg.
JC Denton
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby JC Denton » 16 Oct 2018 00:19

Changed TKShot to stakkir.