default header

Theory

The Private Lives of Internet Online Forum-Posting Gamers

Moderator: JC Denton

The Private Lives of Internet Online Forum-Posting Gamers

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Jul 2013 23:58

http://scathingaccuracy.com/reviews/339 ... -958593908

Shepton wrote:Bitch I moved to another country, got a new 9-5 job, got married, and now I'm moving house. And you expect me to find the time to not only thoroughly play video games but also spend the time reviewing them during all that? Ain't nobody got time fo' dat. But I been workin'. In secret ways. Secret writing ways. And things are comin' soon.

Whenever I hear of some online-message-board-posting videogamer-dude being married or getting married, I get a little depressed for as long as it takes me to remove the image from my mind again (usually a few seconds, a minute tops). I mean the female that would marry some poor wretch who's spent half his life online yapping about THE PLAY OF THE GEAMS GEAMPLAY and so on is probably a worse homo sapiens specimen than her husband! Imagine that! So in their case, I thing it makes more sense to stay single. Take Shmups.com, for example. There are hundreds of married 30- and 40-somethings in there. Whenever I see one of them mention their personal lives, I get depressed. Much, much better to never mention it at all; to simply act online as one-dimensional beings who only care about videogames. Even in this manner they are depressing (because of how stupid and useless they are that even though they've spent all their lives on games, they still can't understand anything about them, and talk like 15-year-old aspies to boot), but nowhere near as depressing as when they expose other aspects of their miserable, wretched lives for all to see.

So, to all the dumbass online gamers who will read this: please, do us all a favor and keep your personal lives to yourselves. Thanks.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Theory