default header

Theory

The Insomnia Community

Moderator: JC Denton

The Insomnia Community

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Mar 2015 04:58

https://archive.moe/vr/thread/2311868/#2312170

Anonymous wrote:>>2312158
There's one person involved --- Icycalm. Everyone else is there to give him information and occasional praise --- but not too much praise, because he'll ban you for praising him in the wrong way.

Even so, his writing on video games is top-notch. His level of insight is unmatched. The community is the way it is because it has to be --- anything else would probably dilute or distract from his writing. I can't stomach it, but more power to those who can.

Several things to clear up here. First off, the above poster is obviously Cassowary, from here: http://culture.vg/forum/topic?p=26277#p26277 (no other subhuman in the world is subhuman enough to use three dashes, and he's also posting on /vr/, while most of his posts on here are also about "retro" games, so there's no doubt about this).

The idea that the Insomnia forum is an "empty echo chamber" is widespread, but a quick glance around a few threads would suffice to prove it false, since the place is riddled with significant contributions in every field, from news reporting to tough theory threads, so the question becomes: Why do the subhumans insist on perpetuating this obvious lie?

Whenever a subhuman lies, it is either a result of ignorance, or impotence -- an attempt to COVER UP a personal failing. And since Cassowary and his ilk cannot plead ignorance here, since they've read the forum forwards and backwards so many times that there's no way in hell they haven't noticed the MOUNTAINS of significant reader contributions that it contains (more and more significant such contributions than are contained in ANY OTHER VIDEOGAME FORUM EVER), we are left with the impotence explanation. So in what respect are all these liars impotent?

It is really very simple. The forum contains a ton of contributions from a ton of people. But Cassowary and his ilk are utterly incapable of contributing anything, because they are retards who know nothing. Hence the forum must be PROVED to contain no contributions, so that these subhumans will feel better about themselves. "HE DIDN'T JUST BAN ME AND DELETE MY BULLSHIT -- HE BANS EVERYONE AND DELETES EVERYTHING."

But obviously that's not true, and your butthurt is blatantly transparent to everyone who's not butthurt (i.e. to everyone who has been posting here for more years than you've been playing games -- the forum just celebrated its 10th anniversary a couple of days ago, btw).

NOTWITHSTANDING the fact that, even though he says he "can't stomach it", he refreshes the forum 20 times a day on average (I have stat reports).

Moreover, hold on to your horses because we aint done yet.

Let's just suppose for a second that these resentful wretches are right, and that my site and forum are indeed "empty echo chambers", and that the only contributor of worth is me. In that case, this must be a bad thing, otherwise these people would not be complaining so venomously about this state of things. So what would be the solution to this? More contributors? Which would moreover hold equal sway between themselves, so that no single one of them would be able to eclipse the others, and turn the place into an "echo chamber"?

Very well, then. I give you... Kotaku.

And Eurogamer.

And IGN.

Or NeoGAF, and any forum full of imbeciles ever.

So what are you wretches complaining about then? It is symptomatic of how stupid you are and of how little you understand and appreciate about me and my site, that you inveigh against PRECISELY what's so great about it, and that if I followed your advice on how to "improve" my site, I'd end up with precisely the shitty blogs and forums that I CREATED Insomnia to ESCAPE FROM.

ON TOP of the fact that my forum is not an "echo chamber", and it has attracted hundreds of great gamers over the years, all of whom have left lasting contributions here, from SriK's Super Meat Boy review, to JoshF's insightful replies in many Theory threads over the years, to name just two of the HUNDREDS of people I am referring to.

Or do you expect all these people to keep refreshing the forum 20 times a day, like YOU do, and racking up huge postcounts even when they have nothing to say?

Like all subhumans, he has no conception of the notion that good things take time, that 1 good post a year is better than NO GOOD POSTS EVER, and 1000s of shitty stupid posts per month because you have nothing else going on in your life besides forum refreshing and shitposting.

I take a break from the site for a couple of months, and they say the site is "dead".

Forum contributors come and go, because they have other things going on in their lives besides forum posting, and they say the forum is "empty".

But if my site is "dead" and my forum is "empty", show me a "live" and "full" site then... at which point we get back to IGN, Kotaku and Eurogamer, and the fact that you can't tell the difference between quantity and quality because you are retarded.

Not to mention that I also run the best videogame clan ever, from which you are also excluded, just like tons of people who have been expelled because they are socially stunted retards who can't communicate with others.

So Insomnia is the:

1. Best site ever

2. Best forum ever

3. Best clan ever

1 + 2 + 3 = Best COMMUNITY ever, and the reason you so comically fail to grasp this is because you are a resentful retard who spends his whole life refreshing forums without even being able to correctly evaluate them! And lo and behold: you post on /v/ lol! What does it say about you that you can't stomach the best videogame forum and community ever, and prefer the WORST forum and community ever?

tl;dr: The reason you "can't stomach" my community is because my community COULD NOT STOMACH YOU FIRST. So go back to the /v/ cesspool that you belong, my dear online community connoisseur, and leave me and my many friends in peace here to continue our groundbreaking and unmatched videogame coverage and analysis that has been going for well over a decade now and goes completely over your head, kthxbai.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Mar 2015 05:35

Basically, all these average, common people expect a conversation with a genius to go down exactly the same as one with one of their own, whereas it is almost a MIRACLE that anyone is able to contribute AT ALL when discussing things with me, since compared to me everyone else might as well be at the intelligence level of an amoeba.

Even disregarding intelligence completely, and looking merely at videogame experience, everyone else is laughably inferior to me. I have been playing games since PONG -- do you understand what that means, you stupid little 20-somethings? And not just merely 2 or 3 genres like you, but nearly ALL GENRES EVER.

It is a MIRACLE, I repeat, that anyone has been able to contribute here over the years at all, and it is indicative of my gigantic influence in the field that, even if we REMOVED MY CONTRIBUTIONS COMPLETELY FROM THE ENTIRE SITE, Insomnia would STILL BE THE BEST VIDEOGAME SITE EVER.

Let that sink in for a bit.

It will take decades for mankind to parse and appreciate the full magnitude of what I have accomplished here.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Theory