default header

Theory

icy rules vs. autist rules

Moderator: JC Denton

icy rules vs. autist rules

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Feb 2017 19:10

From the Discord: https://discord.gg/7ZKAkEj

PLEASUREMAN
icy I am so happy you're going to experience For Honor on medium settings at 40 FPS on a laptop powering one display
truly this is the ideal way to play it

icycalm
lol
It's the same thing I did with PlanetSide
I rationalize it that I'll be playing this game for a long time, so long before I am done with it I will have switched to a PC with full detail
Of course I stopped playing PlanetSide after 40 hrs, so it never happened
What retards like DJ and the LTC peeps don't get is that my rules are not really rules in the autistic way that they understand them
So for example, I said that I don't use items in WRPGs if I can avoid them
but in the stream we used a couple
and the autists said AHA YOU WERE LYING
but I never said I am doing a "no item run"
all I said is that I avoid using items unless there is no other way forward
I am not trying to create a manufactured "achievement"
I am just trying to save my goddamn items because I might need them later
same with the full details thing
I am just trying to experience the game in the best way possible
but sometimes my excitement takes over, and I give in to inferior settings
which is a WHOLE OTHER THING from what DJ is doing, which is trying to RATIONALIZE INFERIOR SETTINGS AS BEING SUPERIOR
like his "TRIPLE MONITORS ARE USELESS IF ALL THE PIXELS ARENT MOVING" argument (edited)
that's just dumb
so yes, I would prefer to play For Honor on 3 monitors, and hopefully I will one day, but right now I will settle for inferior experience because I am too excited for this shit
But I will not lie to myself about what I am doing and I will certainly not go to the best videogame website ever and try to convince the experts there that my inferior setup is superior
that's why you are banned, and why you are not playing this crazy shit with us DJ
because you are stupid
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Feb 2017 19:46

Another rule I will probably have to break soon is the "no randoms in the team" rule. Because if a third person buys For Honor and comes to play with us, I can't in all seriousness tell him to wait until a fourth player shows up, when the dude has just spent 60 euros to be with us. So we'll play 4v4 with one random in the team, but at least I won't be streaming it. It's the right thing to do under the circumstances.

In short, I am the one who's making the rules, and also the one who is implementing them, and whenever I make an exception I have perfectly good reasons for it that match perfectly the values based on which I created my rules in the first place. With dumb autists like DJ and the LTC crowd, on the other hand, my rules are a completely foreign, alien ideology, and they can therefore neither implement them reasonably (which is why they would go for "no item runs" based on my playstyle, which has nothing at all to do with my playstyle, and is even antithetical to it, since in the last boss fight I tend to use all the items one after another), nor fathom why I sometimes make exceptions, and cry LIAR or HYPOCRITE whenever they see me do that.

And the rabbit hole goes even deeper. Because the reason I am willing to make so many exceptions with games like PlanetSide and For Honor is because I don't value the VS MP genre very much. I would have never played PS2 on a laptop if I had known it would end up being in my top 5 games ever. At the time, we just needed a random MP game that could handle more than the 5 max of CSGO for when more than 5 people would show up on Mumble, and PS2 fit the bill well because it was free, so everyone could get it, and it could accommodate any number of players, with no limit. I expected it to be a throwaway 3/5 experience at best, so I didn't care about playing it on medium settings. And then of course when 30 minutes in I was having some of the best gaming ever, I couldn't very well pull out the needle before the syringe was empty.

Same thing with For Honor. It looks like hella fun for 20 hours, but I doubt it will hold my interest much beyond that. I hope I am wrong as with PS2, but For Honor is only 4v4, which is even worse than CS, so I don't see it. But the excitement of the review and infern's excitement infected me, and it's nice once in a while to jump right into a new game, so I made an impulse decision and, however things turn out, I am loving it. But I would never play a proper campaign game like this, especially a single-player one, since there are no other people involved there, and I can keep my enthusiasm bottled up pretty well when I only have to deal with my own.

So there you go: icy rules vs. autist rules. And is it any wonder that I have the best website ever and the best theory ever and the best reviews ever, while the autists have never posted a sentence worth quoting and are going through my words with a fine comb and still failing to understand a thing? That, after all, is what it means to be an autist. We are essentially a different species, and doctors in my species have even invented drugs for you and yours. Check them out. Maybe when you are all hopped up on them you will be able to understand a word or two of what I say.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Feb 2017 19:59

PLEASUREMAN wrote:I don't need any retarded rules or "rationalizations" when I can just max that shit out on my $2000 PC. Got defaulted to Extreme and ran 100 FPS on the open beta.
Go rob a computer parts store, nigger.

So why are you coming to my site and reading every rule I write instead of being online with your many friends, playing this? I will be playing this for weeks with my many friends and clan members; what will you be doing all this time? And you seriously think that being a cubicle slave is more fun than my lifestyle?

If your lifestyle is superior to mine why are you so obsessed with me? Prove your words by leaving me in peace and going and having fun.

Or forget about the proof. Just have fun, and it will all be good. Trust me.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Theory