default header

Clan dynamics

Moderator: JC Denton

Clan dynamics

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Nov 2018 02:31

A very interesting analysis of clan dynamics as regards larger clans:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/700030/d ... 1794483292

Sunleader wrote:But you wont get 100+ Member Guilds.
These always Break Apart very Fast.

The Reason is that even at 50 Members. Hardly anyone actually knows more than maybe 1/3 of the remaining Members of the Guild.
Most People know maybe like 5-10 Others. And tend to Stay in their own Group.
There is Zero Trust between most Groups inside the Guild.
So if the One Link between that Group and the Guilds Leadership Quits or whatever.
The Entire Group Leaves.
And then a Domino Effect Strikes and more People leave.

Thats why Games like this will pretty much never Run Guilds beyond maybe 30 Active Players.

At 100 Members what will happen is usually that 1 or 2 of these Groups of maybe 5-10 People each will Simply Decide.
That hey we dont actually even know who is Leading us.
Why should we Follow him ???
And will make their own Guild Instead.

Hence. You end up with a Dispute and likely 20-50% of that Guild Leaving the Game Afterwards.

I see why the above would apply to most clans, but I don't see why it should apply to mine. The current official size of CULT is 71 players, but let's say the regular players are about 30. Well... I know all of them and have played with all of them, and I don't see why I can't keep doing this while the size increases to 40 or 50 or 60. At the end of the day, you just have to invest the time to play some games with all these people and get to know them, but when you play as much as I do, and over a period of years, it's possible. Bring it on, I say. I can handle it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Online