50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

[360] [PS3] 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Moderator: JC Denton

[360] [PS3] 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Unread postby icycalm » 18 Oct 2012 05:08

So this is the first game I want to co-op right now, and the download indicator on my machine is currently at 42%. I should have it in the next couple of hours or so, Microsoft willing.

If you don't know anything about this game, read George Smith's 5-star review, which I moved from the Staff forum to Submissions to get at least one of you hyped enough to join me:

http://culture.vg/forum/topic?f=11&t=3597

alwaysbeawesome wrote:50 Cent: Blood on The Sand is 100%, without irony, one of the top ten games to be released this generation. It is objectively better than Gears of War, better than Modern Warfare. It's at least as good as Vanquish, with the finish too close to call.

Big words, and the review is light on mechanical (and even aesthetic) analysis, so before I post it I want to check his claims for myself, and if necessary make the appropriate adjustments. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to blast your way through to the end of this game with me in order to discover if George is full of shit or what.

Please note that I am looking for someone who hasn't played this game before, is not afraid of high difficulty levels, is decent enough in this genre so that I won't have to carry him the entire game, will stick with me until we've finished it, and will not peak ahead via the singleplayer mode or Youtube or other such retarded shit, or play the game in the meantime with anyone else but me.

Also, I get to be 50 Cent.

P.S. If you don't have the game, you can download it from Games on Demand for $20 -- at least from the US Live. Not sure if they have it in Europe or Japan, or if people with the US game can play with eurotrash and Japanese dudes. Perhaps someone can enlighten us about these things.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Oct 2012 05:15

http://culture.vg/forum/topic?f=23&t=39 ... 397#p18397

recoil wrote:Here's my usual availability schedule:

Weekdays: 8PM - 12AM
Saturdays: Not Available
Sundays: Available all day

I'll be picking up a copy of 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand today and I'll be set to go this Sunday.

Sunday then (meaning today for me, tomorrow for you). What I'd like to do is agree on a time, in the same way we would if we were actually meeting, and try to stick to it. So how does 3PM your time sound (11PM my time, if I have set this up correctly)? I could also do a couple of hours before or after that time if it would suit you better.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 21 Oct 2012 08:04

The time zone differences are correct. Everything sounds good to me, see you then.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Oct 2012 04:04

Went throught it on Hard in four and a half hours. Apart from maybe 2-3 spots which we replayed 5-10 times, the rest of the game was so easy it might have been a cutscene. Decent fun, but no way 5/5, let alone a great game in any way. That review was cute to read but bullshity in a Tim Rogers kinda way, so it's staying in the review forum. I might write a mini-review at some point if I can be bothered.

And by the way, if anyone else wants to coordinate another co-op session on this game, now or in the future, use this thread.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Online