default header

[360] [PS3] Army of Two

Moderator: JC Denton

[360] [PS3] Army of Two

Unread postby recoil » 25 Oct 2012 04:38

Decided on Army of Two, just in case Lost Planet 2 doesn't pan out in time. Hopefully, the co-op actions in this game are more complex than opening up shutters, lol.

If you prefer it, icy, I can get online as early as 8AM PDT, Sunday (4PM WEST, Sunday).
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 25 Oct 2012 19:54

Those damn shutters, lol. Every five fucking screens. What were they thinking?

Let's say noon PDT this time. I wouldn't want to get you up at 8AM for a mediocre console shooter lol. Besides which I barely ever get up before 4PM myself.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 25 Oct 2012 20:12

Alright, let's shoot for noon.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 18 Jan 2013 01:39

Got this last week, and I am available on any given Sunday as long as we don't start too late. I've fixed my sleeping pattern now and I try to be in bed at 2AM at the latest because I do a lot of working out during the day, especially on weekdays. So noon PST would be a great starting time for me, but I can also do as late as 2PM as long as you don't mind only playing a couple of hours... Let me know.

I also have the sequel, so we can follow up with that, and then maybe get back to the Halo Wars campaign if you are still up for it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 18 Jan 2013 06:38

Noon works for me, I'll be free this Sunday.

As for Halo Wars, I'm still up for it, let's continue after we get this done.
recoil

Unread postby recoil » 20 Jan 2013 03:03

Just ran into this:

http://www.co-optimus.com/game/91/xbox- ... f-two.html

Looks like online co-op isn't supported by EA anymore, split screen only.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Jan 2013 14:14

Wow. Insane how they can get away with this.

How about Kane & Lynch 2? The first one doesn't support online co-op either (though by default -- not because they pulled it down), but the second does and I have it.

Or we can go back to Halo Wars campaign...

I also have all 3 Gears now, but I've played through most of the first one twice back circa 2007, so I am not in a hurry to essentially replay it. I'd rather put a few more new games under my belt before I return to it.

Or we can go for that Lara Croft XBLA game that's got a lot of good reviews...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Jan 2013 14:33

Another option, and the one I'd prefer, is to go ahead with Lost Planet 2 with just 3 players, if Somali Pirate is still up for it. I figure we played through maybe half the game with 4 players, so at least I know what that's like. I'll shoot him an email and see what he says.

I would also be willing to start the game from the beginning if a 4th player volunteered asap. To anyone reading this who might be interested (inc. feelingbetter): send friend invites to me, recoil and Somali Pirate (see gamertag thread), then post in this thread to let everyone know, and then show up at noon Pacific Standard Time (8PM GMT) today with a copy of the game and a mic, and as long as recoil and Somali Pirate don't mind, we'll start the game from the beginning for you.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby immersedreality » 20 Jan 2013 21:33

I'm down for some Lost Planet 2. I have a copy and haven't even opened it yet because I've been waiting for a group to play with. I didn't see this message until just now, so it might be too late to coordinate this with you all such last minute.

I am online right now and have at least four hours of free time, but this might work out better if we planned it out for some point in the future.
immersedreality

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Jan 2013 00:43

Yeah, I saw you but Somali Pirate hasn't answered my email yet and he hasn't even been online for like 40 days or something, so maybe he's away on holiday or dead or some shit. So we ended up playing the Lara Croft game. It's decent enough for what it is, but it's no Lost Planet 2.

So let's wait for Somali Pirate to show up again and we'll take it from there. I really don't mind replaying the few episodes we've done. There's one or two mildly drawn out boss fights, but the rest is pure gold. And it'd suck if we asked you to play those episodes on your own. Thing is, we REALLY need to get a group of 4 players for this, Gears 3, Gears Judgment, Crackdown 2, Borderlands 1 + 2, Syndicate, Far Cry 3, Fuse, Aliens: Colonial Marines, etc. etc., so if Somali Pirate shows up and we can manage to stick all the way through A SINGLE fucking game together, then maybe we'll have a team going.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby immersedreality » 21 Jan 2013 01:56

Sounds fucking awesome. The only games I've played out of the ones you listed are the first Borderlands and Gears 3 (which I'm currently playing through split-screen with my roommate) and haven't played much co-op in awhile, so I'm down for almost anything.
immersedreality

Unread postby Somali Pirate » 23 Jan 2013 22:56

Whops, sorry. I usually never check that email.

Yes, I'm still down and very flexible with my time.
Somali Pirate

Return to Online