Dead Rising 2

[360] [PS3] [PC] Dead Rising 2

Moderator: JC Denton

[360] [PS3] [PC] Dead Rising 2

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Oct 2012 06:04

So it turns out we won't be playing Army of Two tomorrow(/today) because I can't download it. Some Games on Demand check your IP address, and if you are outside the US you can't buy them. There is a workaround via VPN, where you use a proxy server in the US, but I spent 2 hours trying to set it up and got nowhere. It seems I need to mess with my router's settings, and I don't want to do that just in case I mess something up and then need to wait half a week for the phone company idiots to fix it, on top of the fact that everything's in Spanish and I probably wouldn't get far anyway.

So I ordered Army of Two via snail mail, and then started clicking round Games on Demand to see what other co-op game I could get, and ended up downloading this. If you haven't played it and don't mind paying $15 to get it now, we could play this. Otherwise I'll spend the day playing Bayonetta, and we play Army of Two next week.

Also, if you are up for DR2, let's make it 2PM your time instead of noon, if it's alright with you. I need some extra sleep today.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 28 Oct 2012 09:13

I'm up for Dead Rising 2 and 2PM is fine with me.
recoil

Unread postby recoil » 02 Nov 2012 07:32

I'll be available on Sunday again, do you mind starting at 4PM?
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Nov 2012 07:49

Sure, that'll be fine. But I am going to try downloading Army of Two again, and if I manage it let's play that and return to DR2 once I've finished DR1.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 08 Nov 2012 20:40

I should be available on Sunday at 2PM, let me know if you can make it.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Nov 2012 21:56

Sunday at 2 it is. Let's see if we can finish it this time. My main problem is the chair I am using. It starts hurting my bum at around 4 to 5 hours. By 6 hours it becomes unbearable, and I also begin to starve. So we have to do this in about 5-hour installments, tops.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 16 Nov 2012 06:39

Are we playing this Sunday? I am free from 2PM PST again...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 16 Nov 2012 15:02

Yeah, I'm up for 2PM.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 16 Nov 2012 22:21

You might also want to consider downloading Perfect Dark. It's only 800 Microsoft Empire Dollars, and if we finish DR2 this time I won't have anything else to play on co-op until next Sunday besides this (all the Gears/Army of Two/Kane & Lynch/etc. games are on their way to me right now, but with Spanish customs standing in the way it will take a while for them to get here).
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Nov 2012 19:06

Finished this up yesterday and posted a mini-review in the staff forum. Best moment right at the end, with recoil writhing helpless on the floor and me one hit away from dying with no health items anywhere, yet summoning up enough inner courage to pick up recoil's bloodied lead pipe and deliver the last three hits on the boss.

As before, use this thread to schedule further games if you wish to, and you should because it's a good one.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Online