Fuse

[PS3] [360] Fuse

Moderator: JC Denton

[PS3] [360] Fuse

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Jun 2013 17:18

Need 3 people for this. Who's up? feelingbetter is out of action until July 1 and Somali Pirate's subscription has expired, so I'll need new blood. Is recoil in? The PS3 version is on its way to me (thanks to MrPattywagon!), but I can also order the 360 one, and indeed would prefer this if there are no great deficiencies in this version because my PS3 is not set up at the moment. (And by the way, has anyone heard anything about version comparisons? I haven't seen anything.) Don't tell me about reviews or impressions. I want to go in completely blind and be surprised.

If some people want to play but would prefer to wait for the game's price to go down, post here too. I would prefer to play right away (i.e. in about 2 weeks' time, because I first need to get my copies of the game over from the US, through customs, etc.), but if there's not enough people to make a full team right now, I will of course wait as long as I have to. So post which version you would prefer to play and whether immediately at full price, or once the price has been reduced.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Jun 2013 17:24

Also, dibs on the big guy with the Lost Planet 2 ripoff shield.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 12 Jun 2013 18:27

I'm in. Any version will do at full price. Also, my PSN tag is the same as my Live account.
recoil

Unread postby ksevcov » 13 Jun 2013 10:38

I would like to join. Any version will do at full price. I will order the game when the version is decided. My PSN account is kirill-US. I can play on Fridays and Saturdays any time.
ksevcov

Unread postby immersedreality » 13 Jun 2013 18:11

I'm definitely in as long as I can get my life situated by the time you guys are ready to go, which should be July 1st at the latest. I'd prefer to play on the PS3. My PSN account is FeelingBetter, the same as my Live account minus the space.

Also, if you guys find someone else who can play and get a game going earlier than I'm available, then I can sit this one out no problem. I have plenty of other stuff to play!
immersedreality

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Jun 2013 18:35

I won't have received my copy of the game before July 1 anyway, so it's settled: the PS3 version with a tentative date of Friday the 5th or Saturday the 6th of July (or, ideally, both days if everyone can make it -- I certainly will make sure I can). If I receive the game earlier and feelingbetter has settled by then, we could start the week before (June 28/29), so let's keep this thread updated with news on this score.

PSN IDs should be posted here again, please, for easier future reference:
http://culture.vg/forum/topic?t=4564

I'll be playing the game on my US account, icycalm70. Make sure everyone has friended everyone else well before we are due to start.

And remind me if the PS3 comes with a headset or not? At any rate make sure that everyone has a copy of the game and a headset before the end of the month. Can't wait to play this! And welcome to our little club, ksevcov. Glad to see new people joining in.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ksevcov » 14 Jun 2013 18:50

Ordered US version of the game and a headset.
ksevcov

Unread postby immersedreality » 15 Jun 2013 14:44

Yeah, I just bought mine too. Screw those middling reviews. I'm pumped!
immersedreality

Unread postby icycalm » 16 Jun 2013 06:22

You done did it lol. It's got 60-something on Metacritic and I skimmed an Edge review that paints a dreadful picture. I had no idea it was getting such bad ratings; I had assumed it would be getting the standard 80+ of any big release. Next time I ask for a media blankout do me a favor and try to avoid saying anything. It's already a superhuman effort on my part to avoid looking at videos and reading up on something that I've been looking forward to as much as this, and the tiniest push from one of you guys is enough to send me over the edge. Now I am almost tempted to ditch this and try another game.

Then again, Lost Planet 2 has 68 on Metacritic lol (Destructoid gave it 40 lol. Hear that Pinsof? That's how terrible the blog your write for is), and the Edge reviewer most likely played the game alone, so nothing anyone says before I play the game myself really matters. Logically, I know this, so it shouldn't affect my enthusiasm level about the game, but human beings are not logical beings, and subconsciously I can't prevent the negative reception of the subhumans from affecting how I feel. So, the best solution for any big release is to watch a trailer or two and skim some brief descriptions a few months before release, and then not a word about the game until I've played it, and that's what I recommend to everyone else as well (as long as money is not an issue, I guess).
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby immersedreality » 16 Jun 2013 19:50

Dude, my bad. I totally missed that part of your post. I haven't even read a single review of the game; I was just going by the Metacritic score. The exact same thought about Lost Planet 2 getting mediocre reviews was going through my head as well, which was why I brought it up.
immersedreality

Unread postby immersedreality » 26 Jun 2013 21:09

I'm all set up at my new place and good to game whenever you guys are!
immersedreality

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Jun 2013 21:56

That's good to hear. Unfortunately, my order is still being assembled, and I am still adding items to it, so it doesn't look like I'll have it here for maybe a couple more weeks. It could happen sooner, but we'll see. I'll keep you updated.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Jul 2013 03:50

So my order shipped today from Florida via DHL Express. There's over 40 games in there, on top of a lot of other stuff. Should be here in time for next Friday, I should think, but there's a chance it might take an extra couple of days to get it through customs. I'll keep you guys posted.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Jul 2013 22:52

I finally have the game, guys. Sorry for the long delay, but I had to pass through several hoops to get my latest order (including photoshoping my expired passport lol). Can't play this weekend, but next Fri-Sat-Sun I am fully available starting 7PM UTC, so assuming you are all still interested, sort out the best day and time between yourselves.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 19 Jul 2013 23:54

I prefer Sunday 7PM UTC, but I can do Saturday 7PM UTC if necessary.
recoil

Unread postby immersedreality » 20 Jul 2013 05:09

I am free all day that Saturday, so that would be the best for me. Sunday I can play for around three hours (7PM-10PM UTC).
immersedreality

Unread postby ksevcov » 20 Jul 2013 07:11

My copy still has not arrived. I ordered it on June 14th from http://www.videogamesplus.ca, and they shipped it on the same day. I don't know what is taking it so long. I guess if somebody else is interested they should sign up, in case my copy does not arrive by the end of next week.

I can play anytime on Saturday.
ksevcov

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Jul 2013 08:12

Do they rent games in Latvia? Maybe you could rent a copy of the PAL version, just for a day. Or you could just buy the PAL version if you are not too tight on money. If you are, maybe we could all chip in and help you buy it. It'd probably work out to around 10-15 euros per person. If the others are not too hot on this idea, I'd go 50-50 in it with you. I just want to play the damn game and don't mind spending another 30 euros or so to do it.

I am just proposing solutions, but if the game was shipped in mid-June and it hasn't arrived yet, I don't think there's much chance it will in time for next week.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Jul 2013 08:14

And the date is set for Saturday 7PM UTC so we can play all day (with apologies to recoil that it's not his preferred choice, but 4-player gaming requires some sacrifices! :)
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ksevcov » 20 Jul 2013 08:36

I could get the PAL version next week if I order it from Amazon UK via Priority Express mail. The reason I ordered the US (Region 1) version is that I don't know whether it is possible to play non-US region games online on a US account.
ksevcov

Unread postby ksevcov » 20 Jul 2013 12:18

I just spent my last money on the digital version, but it turns out you need 10GB of hard drive space available, not 5GB as specified in the download. I have the cheap PS3 slim version with 12GB flash, which only has 9GB of free storage. So I need to upgrade my PS3 hard drive now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStatio ... B009CZTKVY

The problem is I just bought a new PC, so I won't have any more money to spend until the end of the month. So icy, can you please lend me the money needed to buy this hard drive and ship it to my location, and I will return the money to you in August.
ksevcov

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Jul 2013 13:31

ksevcov wrote:I don't know whether it is possible to play non-US region games online on a US account.

Just make an EU (UK or whatever) account as well. This shouldn't be a problem. I already have a JP and US account, and will be making a UK one soon too.

As for the money, I have 40 euros in my PayPal account that I can send you right now, and I can send you the rest on Monday or Tuesday at the latest, but will you get it quickly enough to order that hard drive? Can't you avoid using any purchase method that uses the post office? There has to be some shop in Riga where you can walk in and just get this thing, no?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ksevcov » 20 Jul 2013 14:15

Ok, send me 40 euros and I will order another copy of the game from Amazon UK via Standard shipping. Usually stuff that is shipped by Amazon arrives very quickly here.

I don't want to use local stores, because I don't have time during the week, and it costs more than ordering from Amazon. A new copy of Fuse here costs 60 euros.
ksevcov

Unread postby ksevcov » 20 Jul 2013 14:26

I checked PayPal, and it seems you can only withdraw money to US banks and VISA credit cards. I don't have either, so you should buy the game and send it to my address:

Saulgozhu iela 27/5, apartment 28, LV1055
ksevcov

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Jul 2013 15:03

I am placing the order now. Give me your phone number real quick, because Amazon is asking for it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Next

Return to Online