Dragon's Crown

[PS3] [PSV] Dragon's Crown

Moderator: JC Denton

[PS3] [PSV] Dragon's Crown

Unread postby recoil » 13 Aug 2013 08:22

If anyone is interested in playing the PS3 version, let me know by the end of this week. Otherwise, I'll form an offline team if no one responds.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Aug 2013 17:32

I am interested, but not for about a couple of weeks. If there are enough people volunteering to form a full team, and you can wait the couple of weeks, I'll place an order for the game.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ksevcov » 13 Aug 2013 18:16

I am also interested, but I have to order the game first.
ksevcov

Unread postby recoil » 13 Aug 2013 20:47

Awesome, I don't mind waiting for you guys to get a copy.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Aug 2013 01:50

I got the fastest shipping possible direct from Amazon US, and the estimated delivery date is this Friday. I doubt they'll come through, but if they do I could play anytime this weekend. Maybe if Kirill got his locally or from Amazon UK we might all get lucky. Otherwise next weekend.

And then we'd need one more person. If no one volunteers I'll start banning people until someone does.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ksevcov » 14 Aug 2013 02:16

Just ordered my copy from Amazon US with priority shipping. Says it should arrive next Tuesday.
ksevcov

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Aug 2013 02:23

I was thinking of also getting an arcade stick for the PS3, but:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633261-d ... n/66912542

HiCEctoCooler wrote:Sadly it's not going to work on a stick, especially if you're using a Cthulhu. The right analog stick is used as an exchange for a touch pad pointer [it's awful] and while on a "normal" stick you could get away with setting the D-pad for movement and left analog to items, the Cthulhu will only allow you to use the item wheel.

KillaManiac wrote:Actually i've been playing with a HORI RVP V3-SA.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041S ... UTF8&psc=1

It actually works if you can get used to it. Its not hard at all.

For single player:
I have to switch over D pad mode to R analog just to mode it over to a chest or door then switch it back.

In multiplayer mode, if other people are hitting runes, doors, chests then your golden!

Pravus_Obsideo wrote:It is possible to do, but certainly not friendly. It'd have been nice if instead of a cursor you could just walk your character up to the object and press a button to interact. The controls could have been made to work with a stick fairly easily, and it is a bit of a shame they weren't.

KillaManiac wrote:True, but my point is...

If you don't need to be the person clicking things then its a normal Arcade stick fighting game EXCEPT when you need swap to your top spells/skills.

I gotta flick a switch to do that.

If I was playing on my own I'd take my time and do what the dude suggests, but in multiplayer I can't force everyone to do the same, and the game was anyway designed to be played with the pad, so whatever. I doubt there'll be much skill involved, but then again I've never played a Vanillaware game before. It should be an interesting experience.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ksevcov » 14 Aug 2013 03:38

Just read this: http://www.co-optimus.com/article/10555 ... p-faq.html

How do you begin a co-op session in Dragon's Crown?

In the PS3 version, local co-op can be initiated from the character selection/creation screen at the beginning of the game, or anytime in between quests when accessing the Tavern. Additional players simply have to press start on additional controllers. Online play for both versions (including ad-hoc in the case of the Vita) must be unlocked by completing the nine basic stages. Once the nine stages are completed, players can initiate network play in the Stables or at the Gates. Now random players or friends can drop into the game session.

How long does it take to unlock online co-op in Dragon's Crown?

In our testing the time ranged between four and a half to six hours of playtime until we were able to access the online component of Dragon's Crown. Each subsequent play through should take about two hours.
ksevcov

Unread postby recoil » 14 Aug 2013 03:57

That just fucking sucks. Dead Rising 2 had something similar, but at least it only took a short time to unlock co-op.
recoil

Unread postby ksevcov » 21 Aug 2013 17:11

Got my copy today (with the artbook included, didn't expect that).

I want to play through the nine basic stages this weekend, so we should decide who plays which character beforehand to avoid doubles. I choose the Dwarf.
Last edited by ksevcov on 22 Aug 2013 05:06, edited 1 time in total.
ksevcov

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Aug 2013 04:46

I'll take the Wizard. I also emailed taub/Somali Pirate to see if he's interested in joining. If he declines, maybe you guys could ask around and see if you can find a fourth player.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 22 Aug 2013 05:57

I'm going with the Fighter.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Aug 2013 08:05

taub is down. I'll tell him we're shooting for next weekend.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Aug 2013 23:16

taub wrote:Alright, I'll do some asking for a decent mic and have it ready for the next weekend.

My ps3 id is taub_, but I won't be online probably until I get the game (PS3 stored away in my closet). Looking forward to it :D

Don't forget to play at the highest difficulty setting (and also enable friendly fire, etc., if the game supports it), and post here when you finish the preliminary stages. Don't play further than what's absolutely necessary!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ksevcov » 25 Aug 2013 09:15

Finished the preliminary stages.
ksevcov

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Aug 2013 21:12

Both taub and I are still waiting for our copies, but I am fairly confident we'll have them well in time for this weekend.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Aug 2013 18:21

taub wrote:Hey, got the game today and unlocked netplay. Looking forward to play on the weekend.

Mine is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I got a text message to that effect, so it's 90% sure. If I do get it I'll stay up as long as I have to to unlock co-op. In that case, would everyone be up for Saturday 7PM UTC? (I can also do Sunday if everyone else can.)
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ksevcov » 30 Aug 2013 04:53

I'm up for Saturday 7PM UTC.
ksevcov

Unread postby recoil » 30 Aug 2013 05:43

Saturday sounds good to me.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Aug 2013 22:35

Got it. Sitting down now to unlock netplay. See you guys tomorrow. Don't forget to add taub to your friendlist in the meantime (taub_).
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 31 Aug 2013 13:06

Via email:

recoil wrote:I am entirely cross faded. Might not be able to make it. Sunday I can do for sure.

I'll let taub know. I'll be around playing games on Live and PSN all day, so if recoil wakes up and feels good enough (important: don't play games when you don't feel good, kids, because you'll get seizures) I'll still be up for Dragon's Crown. Otherwise Sunday if both Kirill and taub can make it, or next week if not. Let me know here, Kirill...

In the case of last-minute playing today I have everyone's cellphone numbers and I am texting them mine, because I won't be checking the forum/my email much. If recoil reaches me, I can reach everyone else asap.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ksevcov » 31 Aug 2013 14:11

I can only play till 3PM UTC on Sundays.
ksevcov

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Sep 2013 00:09

I had slackened off on unlocking netplay because I thought recoil wouldn't be playing, so when I saw him come online I was only a couple hours in. However, he hadn't unlocked it either, so I kept going just in case we both managed to do it in a reasonable time. After what seemed like forever I finally did unlock it at the stables, but by that time everyone else, including recoil, had gone offline. The thing is, the co-op in this game seems retarded. I could only join a random game or a friend's game, I couldn't see any option to create a game, so I assume that you just join people's games-in-progress uninvited. And what if these people already have a full party of NPCs? And what happens if they are adventuring for the seventh talisman, whereas you only have up to the third? And what happens when it's time to get back to town and do all the talking? I can't possibly imagine how this game would be fun to play in co-op (never mind with four players!) at the current setup, but I am willing to give it a try. Not today, however, because I haven't had anything since breakfast and I'd like to hit the sack in couple of hours. Maybe I should read the Co-optimus review at some point.

What a washout. Fuse was way more fun in co-op, even though overall it's a worse game. Kamitani should have brought in someone who has made online modes before.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Sep 2013 00:21

And on top of all that, no voice chat, just to make sure that no one is able to coordinate anything with anyone.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ksevcov » 13 Sep 2013 11:26

So guys, are we going to give co-op a try this Saturday?
ksevcov

Next

Return to Online