Dragon's Crown

[PS3] [PSV] Dragon's Crown

Moderator: JC Denton

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Sep 2013 01:22

To be honest, I think I prefer to play this game alone. Not that I plan to play it much more, mind you, but if I do end up playing it a little bit more I don't much see the point of going to the trouble to play it with other people. It's just a button-masher grind-fest with pretty graphics. There's no tactics at all in how you handle combat, so there's no reason to try and coordinate your moves with what the other players are doing. Everyone will simply be mindlessly button-mashing and getting resurrected on the spot every five fucking minutes, presumably while going through the same 10 or so environments we've all already cleared. Fuck this game. Play Dead Space with recoil. Wish I could be playing that too, but I haven't set up my PC yet.

Having said all this, if you guys want to go ahead and play Dragon's Crown, now or in the future, go right ahead and don't mind me. taub's email address is taubstumm@gmail.com. I'll also give him yours. And if a new fourth player wants to volunteer, again go right ahead.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 16 Sep 2013 00:06

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/t ... ?p=9420340

Curtis wrote:It's a 'drop into any game that's underway' type affair, no searching for lobbies etc. Playing solo means you'll get randoms joining for the duration of the dungeon. Upon completion you then get the choice to proceed to the next location on the map, or quit back to your hub town and save your progress.

This is the lamest implementation of co-op I've ever heard of. Even Journey's is not that lame. That's how lame it is. Coupled with the lack of voice chat, the game could easily have no netcode at all and be merely tricking you into thinking you are playing with other humans. How could you know the difference?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Previous

Return to Online