default header

[PC] [VAR] Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara

Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] [VAR] Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara

Unread postby infernovia » 03 Aug 2014 23:56

Qpo and I have been playing this game through Steam on knight (the default difficulty) as we wait for the L4D campaign to start. Anyone else interested in joining us? More brave warriors needed to fight trolls and kobolds!

It required us to change the GGPO ping threshold to 200 so we could play without disconnecting every minute. But the game has been pretty stable for most of the day.
infernovia

Unread postby Qpo » 04 Aug 2014 14:48

Yeah, this is one of the games we tried a week ago but couldn't run due to high ping, so that it worked much better last night was really nice.

I like this game. It's for up to four players, but since you start over from the beginning when you die (if you've completed the first chapter you need to rehost to start over, but it only takes a few seconds) I don't see a problem with playing with whoever is online at the moment, in whatever constellation. Ideally you might want the same party for 100% of your playtime, but even if I had completed it I think I'd still enjoy playing more anyway. (Perhaps on the extra hard difficulty, though there's also the sequel.)

But it was infernovia that introduced me to the game, and we've started playing and have a blast together, so I'll leave it up to you, my brave and wise companion, to rule on the matter. I'd be interested in others' thoughts too.
Qpo

Unread postby Qpo » 04 Aug 2014 17:13

Actually, the moment when you do reach further than you've been before is something worth sharing, so I won't be playing this without infernovia. But it's real easy to join in and more people would be cool, especially for the sequel, once we get there, where there's more than four characters to choose from.
Qpo

Unread postby icycalm » 17 Aug 2014 17:06

Just bought this (and edited the thread title: this compilation does not exist in arcade form).

I found a scanline fix on the Steam forums a few days ago, but it has apparently been taken down now, though Google's cached version still exists:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... en&ct=clnk

If someone can take a screenshot of that page and post it here before the cached version is wiped it'd be appreciated.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ksevcov » 17 Aug 2014 17:32

cache.png

Description

This is a SweetFX preset to add CRT effects like scanlines to Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara to improve image and color quality. Scanlines have to be tweaked according to the resolution you are running. This preset is configured for 1920x1080 only. If you run a different resolution, the scanlines may look distorted. Tweak the CRT settings yourself in the SweetFX_settings.txt file.

Screenshots

Screenshot Comparison #1

Screenshot Comparison #2

Screenshot Comparison #3

Installation

Download "SweetFX 1.5.1" and extract it to your Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara installation folder where the .exe is located. Download "D&D: Chronicles of Mystara CRT Magick 1.1 Preset". Rename the preset .txt file to SweetFX_settings.txt and replace the one that came with SweetFX in your D&D:COM folder. The "SCROLL LOCK" key disables and enables SweetFX while playing the game.

Set in-game options to:

• Resolution: 1920x1080 (tweak CRTresolution in SweetFX_settings.txt for other resolutions)
  • View: Normal, Widescreen, Stretched
  • Filter: NONE
  • Scanlines: OFF

Download

DOWNLOAD SweetFX 1.5.1

DOWNLOAD D&D: Chronicles of Mystara CRT Magick Preset 1.1
ksevcov

Unread postby icycalm » 17 Aug 2014 17:35

Awesome, hope it works as advertised.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Online