default header

Video highlights

Moderator: JC Denton

Video highlights

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Mar 2017 20:10

This is a catch-all thread for managing our videos. It comprises Twitch highlights and clips (no idea what the difference is), and videos exported from Twitch to YouTube, or recorded locally and uploaded to YouTube.

The reason I am making this thread today is that it's been just over two months since we started streaming, and videos are starting to disappear from the Twitch library because it only saves them for 60 days (normally it's 14 days, but I have a subscription). The first two PA videos are already gone, plus recoil's Talos Principle video and his first Shadow Tactics broadcast. THM's 7.5-minute Dark Souls III test video will also be gone soon, but it's no great loss. I am currently exporting DJ's RE7 videos to YouTube because they are worth saving. It's a cool game, he's running it at max difficulty and details, and his commentary is funny.

So I need recoil to pick a couple of videos of Shadow Tactics that he prefers from his entire run, and I will export them to YouTube. Also, is that first AH video worth saving, or is the later one better? We don't want to save too many videos of any one game, because it just dilutes people's attention, with the exception of people doing complete runs. Unfortunately your Shadow Tactics run has been broken now that the first video is gone, but I'll be more careful in the future. So we'll just save a couple of videos from it, as a demonstration to people of how the game plays in Hardcore mode, and I will try to save a full Hardcore run when I play the game.

I don't see any other immediately endangered videos, so let's first resolve this mini-crisis, and then we can think about the rest in good time.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 24 Mar 2017 20:21

The AH videos aren't worth saving, I'd prefer to save them if they were 1CCs. As for Shadow Tactics, I'll pick out highlights of my successful level completions.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Mar 2017 20:26

That's a good idea. Did you complete any levels in the first video? If not, then your run isn't really broken, and we can make highlights for each completed level and publish them as separate videos.

Or if you've lost a level or two, perhaps you could somehow replay them? Though I suppose your characters would be leveled then, and it won't be the same thing.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 24 Mar 2017 20:58

I didn't complete any levels in that first video, plus it was never a complete run. I could replay levels if I want to make a full playthrough of the game, there's no leveling or anything like that in the game.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Mar 2017 21:23

Anything from this video I need to save? https://www.twitch.tv/videos/116909139

It will be gone in mere hours. The next one to go will be in several days, so we have time, but I have to do something about this now if I need to.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 24 Mar 2017 22:23

Nothing.
recoil

Unread postby recoil » 25 Mar 2017 01:47

No, I went through parts of that game while others were streaming. Same thing happened with Mighty No. 9.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 25 Mar 2017 01:49

Ok, pick a couple of videos from each game that are the most exciting, and I will save them. You still have a few days to do that.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 25 Mar 2017 05:13

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

Mission 6 (Hardcore, No auto save)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/122433909
Start Time - 2:45:34
End Time - 3:05:05

Mission 7 (Hardcore, No auto save)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128777531
Start Time - 2:41:23
End Time - 3:32:51

Take out all the times I died and I start looking like a bad ass ninja commander, lol.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 25 Mar 2017 08:50

The couple of videos comment was meant for Nioh and Mighty No. 9. For Shadow Tactics you can do all missions, if you want to, since you are saying that that option still exists. It's your call, but let me know in good time.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 14 Sep 2017 07:40

recoil

Unread postby recoil » 06 Jan 2018 04:03

I missed your post by a month, but it's been saved: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHxfGU2tQsM

Made it to the 4th stage boss 44 minutes in.

Also, my Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and Tiny Metal videos are complete runs.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Jan 2018 04:09

I am going to cut out the last few minutes of the Mushi video, where you start over, once I learn how to do it on YT. (I already know how to do it on Twitch.) And then I will rename the video to add the stage you reached etc.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Online