default header

Trading

Random Steam key exchange

Moderator: JC Denton

Random Steam key exchange

Unread postby icycalm » 29 May 2017 13:47

Anyone interested in buying those random Steam key packages from G2A, and then comparing and exchanging the keys that we already have or don't care about? I am talking about this:

5 Random STEAM PREMIUM CD-KEY €3.99
https://www.g2a.com/5-random-steam-premium-cd-key.html

We could at least do it once to see if it's worth the effort. Let me know, and we'll arrange to buy from different sellers to minimize the chances of getting doubles.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Some guy » 29 May 2017 19:30

I'm up for giving this a shot.
Some guy

Unread postby icycalm » 29 May 2017 19:44

Well, I went ahead and bought a pack from seller World_of_games, but the results were not encouraging. I got the following:

Blackbay Asylum
Gold Rush Anniversary
Out of the Park Baseball 17
Evoland 2
Victor Vran

I didn't have any of these games, but I've also never heard of them, so the 4.5 euros (inc. transaction costs) I spent on them could have gotten me one carefully chosen deal from G2A that I would want to play.

I guess it was naive to think that I might get Wildlands lol.

Okay, I didn't think I'd get Wildlands, but maybe a couple of 5- to 10-euro games in there. Which was naive.

You or someone else can try with a pack from another seller, just to double-check I wasn't merely unlucky, but I don't think it would be worth it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Some guy » 31 May 2017 12:56

Here's what I got from Globalgamesstudio:

Heavy Gear Assault
Rising Storm
Gonner
Else Heart Break
Attractio

I already have Rising Storm so if someone else wants it just post here. I hadn't heard of the other games and after briefly looking them up they don't look great. I wouldn't bother with one of these packages again.
Some guy

Return to Trading