default header

Cosmic War

Galactic War discussion

Moderator: JC Denton

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Jan 2015 18:28

Actually, I think I am pretty settled on Cosmic War. It is the natural step up from Galactic War.

Here are the steps we need to take if we want to start playing this Sunday:

1. jeff, recoil and I have to design a home system each. Anything that won't crash people's computers is acceptable. Go wild with it. I'll make mine tonight.

2. We have to figure out how to create our own system sharing folder. Someone needs to go to the mod forum and ask the people there how we can do that.

3. jeff has to PM Maldor on the PA forum to get the clean galactic war background image from him, and then I will talk to ronan for the rest of the graphics, since I can communicate with him easier.

4. The turn-based moves can be done before Sunday, and indeed SHOULD be done before. As long as we have the three home systems I'll make a galaxy by adding in 5 or 10 existing systems, and we'll be able to start moving commanders around.
Last edited by icycalm on 29 Jan 2015 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Jan 2015 18:29

We don't even need to wait until Sunday to start playing. If jeff and fede end up on the same system, for example, they can play out the battle between them when they are online, and I can cast the replay later. We play the battles as soon as it is feasible to play them. The first couple of wars will only feature small battles anyway, so we won't even need the custom server.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby jeffrobot494 » 29 Jan 2015 18:30

I'm in! Gonna start thinking about a background for my faction...
jeffrobot494

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Jan 2015 18:32

Uber has already posted backgrounds/ideologies on the existing factions. Just read up on them and pick one. And how about the money, dude?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Jan 2015 18:43

The first galaxy in the Cosmic War universe will be named Ground Zero, and will comprise the following systems:

Hostile Neighborhood
Hot Sausage
That awesome water planet+3moons map of iban's whose name I don't remember

Plus 3 more systems that you guys should nominate, plus the 3 home systems designed by the leaders. So 9 systems in all, to give us enough room for maneuvering. And whoever wins will own this system!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Jan 2015 18:45

Maybe THM wants to play the neutral arbitrator to whom the leaders will be emailing everyone's turn-based moves?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Jan 2015 18:57

THM sent me $50, so we are $110 out, but if we get more contributions I will be glad to lower mine from $100 to something closer to everyone else's contribution...

If recoil, jeff and Robby put $50 each in, we will be able to make the sum with me putting the same $50 in as everyone else.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 29 Jan 2015 19:48

Got my hands tied at the moment, but I'll be putting in $50 later today.
recoil

Unread postby Hanged Man » 29 Jan 2015 19:52

Hanged Man

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Jan 2015 20:08

I guess you could call this the Ubergame lol. And if Uber follows my suggestions for the future of PA in my review, it will definitely become that in the long run. And I will have actually made a great contribution in designing it. Maybe one day they'll even give me a designer credit for it. I sure as heck will have earned it!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby jeffrobot494 » 29 Jan 2015 20:33

Sent you $50.
jeffrobot494

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Jan 2015 20:57

I have already begun writing the lore. The Awakening referred to in the PA launch trailer began when the first commander awoke. And the first commander's name was... icycalm.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby gmase » 29 Jan 2015 22:34

Hi I just joined the forum. I like this and I think it will be awesome! However I'm not sure about some galactic war mechanics but I guess they can be changed in the future as well as improving things on the run without having to make a reset of the war (I'll post my suggestions soon).

I can help with some web programming although I need some time to catch up. Anyway count me in for this weekend!
gmase

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jan 2015 00:02

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions.

Also, guys, there have been some posts in the thread on Uber's forum. Don't acknowledge the obvious trolling ones. Let them bump our thread as much as they want. We'll just talk past them as if they had never posted. This is our show, we don't need anyone to run it, and we'll have a ton of fun with it no matter what the trolls do.

Generally speaking, do not post in the thread at all unless you have consulted with me in private first.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jan 2015 01:19

So I picked the following options:

Faction: Legonis Machina
Color: Red

PA_Invictus.jpg

It's first come first served, so get yours while supplies last.

I've already changed my name on PA Stats to CULT(LM)|icycalm (you need to play a game for the change to be reflected on the PA Stats website, so I played an AI skirmish and deleted my commander), and I will ask fede and Robby to do the same. Is Robby even in? I've seen him browse the forum but he hasn't said anything. If you are not in Robby, let me know and I'll ask Starnerd3 or Masa if they want to play.

(If Robby is in, we could have Masa, Starnerd and danjiro make a fourth team, by the way, which would be great because I think there are exactly 4 factions.)

If we want to start playing this weekend we need to move fast, so do all the stuff you can do asap. And jeff, ask Maldor for the clean galactic war background as soon as you can, so we can get the galaxy ready tomorrow.

We'll start the first war without the dedicated website, and we'll play all moves out in the PA forum thread, to demonstrate to everyone how the rules will work. Once the first war is over I'll set up the site and we'll take it from there. Hopefully we'll have some new challengers for it, or if we don't we'll add some more players to our teams by recruiting other Cult players. But at least we will have some images and some videos to show to potential recruits, so they'll know what they'll be getting into.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jan 2015 02:08

The clean galactic war background is here: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/can- ... st-1057396

but I can't get it because you need to be logged in to view the full image, so someone please get it and upload it to the forum using the "Upload attachment" option beneath the text box in your post.

Also, ronan made a quick logo for us to start things off:

Now if we can get the three home systems designed tomorrow, I can put the galaxy image together by Saturday, and we can start playing.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby jeffrobot494 » 30 Jan 2015 02:37

Faction: The Foundation
Color: Dark Blue

http://www.uberent.com/pa/2013/10/14/lore-reveal-2/

Matthew Kehm wrote:Reactivating in the middle of a ruined city, on an unknown world, Commander (REDACTED) found he had all of his functionality, but his memory core had been corrupted and virtually erased. What he could decipher led him to begin searching the city wreckage for more like himself. Finding and repairing several other Commanders, they looked upon him as their leader.

Searching the rest of the world yielded more Commanders, some that were repairable, with many more nothing but salvage to be used as parts. (REDACTED) deduced there must have been a great battle here, as there were bodies of biologics that his memory told him were known as Progenitors, enemies of his kind. Something in (REDACTED) memory also hinted at an omnipotent machine god that had created them. The Progenitors had been slaves of the god and had rebelled against it. The Commanders had been tasked with destroying them.

(REDACTED) vowed to find and destroy every last Progenitor, as well as eliminating any Commander that would not conform to the faith. The Foundation would cleanse the universe in the name of their god.

Here's the map.

blank galaxy map.png
jeffrobot494

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jan 2015 03:05

So add the (TF) tag to your name and to those of all your teammates, and PM cptconundrum that we want a private server on System Sharing for our clan (titled "Cosmic War"), as explained here:

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel- ... ing.56319/

cptconundrum wrote:If any clans want to run a private server, you can send me a PM. I'll give you a mod that clan members need installed to view or save to your server.

Tell him that we'd be happy to pay a fee for this service, if required.

And when he gives you the mod, do not install it or give it to anyone else. Just email it to me. I want to be the only one who can save to this folder. He says you will need this mod to "view" the folder too, but this is obviously a mistake, since I can view the folders of all the other clans without this mod. So don't let the mod leak from your hands, and don't install it yourself, please.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jan 2015 03:19

And the background on my own faction, the first one in the game, whose leader was the first commander to be awakened:

http://www.uberent.com/pa/2013/09/19/lore-reveal/

Matthew Kehm wrote:Commander (name) reactivated on a desolate volcanic world. His systems were severely damaged and most of his memory was lost. What he did remember was his name and the name of his enemy: Progenitors. His memory banks also held bits and pieces of information on an ancient empire of unknown origin. Upon restoring himself to adequate functionality, he scoured the mysterious world only to find others like himself who had yet to awaken. Working diligently for the next several years, he was able to repair and activate seven other Commanders, all with similar memories as his.

Forming (faction name) based on the ancient empire, the Commanders vowed to leave the confines of their world and find others to conquer, preparing to face their sworn Progenitor enemies, and any others who will not join their cause.

With the title of Emperor, (name) rules the faction with an iron fist. Pride and arrogance are his core emotions, yet his military genius is unmatched. (Name) envisions a grand empire spanning the stars, with all who oppose him as ashes at his feet.

Matthew Kehm wrote:This faction is based on the military structure and political philosophy of the Roman Empire after the reforms of Marius. Unit names reflect Roman military designations and weapons, as well as symbols of famous Roman legions, culture and mythology. It also includes references to classic Greek history and mythology.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Agentx » 30 Jan 2015 03:27

Yeah, I'm in. I've been browsing on my phone, so I was going to reply and send money when I'm back at my PC. I know I have had PayPal problems on mobile in the past.

It's an awesome idea and that Legonis Machina wallpaper is going to be my new desktop picture.
Agentx

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jan 2015 03:29

Glad to hear you are in. Modify your name in the game as soon as you are able.

And, actually, the tags should go like this:

Legonis Machina: LM
The Foundation: F
The Synchronous: S
The Revenants: R

So jeff's name should be CULT(F)|jeffrobot494
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jan 2015 03:41

Actually, recoil doesn't get a choice: he will take The Synchronous since it's the third faction. Mine is the first, jeff's the second, recoil's the third, and when we add a fourth Cult team in the second war, they'll take the fourth faction. It's better this way, because we'll be introducing them chronologically according to Uber's script. We want to stay as close to the script as possible, and once all 4 factions are in, we'll take if from there. Cult, BRN, AC and so on will merely be additional PA factions (in the case of Cult, created by the merging of some, or all, of the original ones).

The only thing recoil has to pick is the color.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jan 2015 04:25

Another thing jeff could do to help, is go to the PA mod subforum and start a thread asking people to give him the color values of the default color choices in PA, so that ronan can use the exact colors in his map, if he decides to help us make it. Speed is of the essence, so get cracking on all these little errands, please jeff. You can see I myself am working as fast as I can to set this up.
icycalm
Hyperborean

PreviousNext

Return to Cosmic War