default header

Cosmic War

Alex Kierkegaard's Cosmic War

Moderator: JC Denton

Alex Kierkegaard's Cosmic War

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Aug 2017 06:50

Full title Alex Kierkegaard's Cosmic War: A Planetary Annihilation Expansion.

So Robo, how about we start very slowly, just to get going with simple aesthetic changes that we can start using and enjoying right away? Here I will list some tasks in order of priority:

1. 4 Legion commanders deleted
2. 3 MLA commanders deleted (the three ugly ones; I will have to look up their names)
3. Commanders with stupid names get new names
4. Half of MLA commanders (including, if possible, the unlockable ones) become Legion (the ones that most closely match the blocky, "evil" Legion aesthetic)

When all this is done, we can start playing Legion, and come up with a new set of tasks. Actually, the very first mechanical change I want done is the one infern mentioned that made PA Classic superior in that respect to Titans:

5. Bring back the Orbital Radar and Deep Space Radar, because then you can't just know what other people are doing on other planets without them, and orbital intel is not something you get for free.

By the way, that guy who heads Legion messaged me on Discord and we worked things out. Here is the exchange (it also contains some info for you):

Nicb1 - Today at 5:37 AM
Hey icy, forgot to post this a while back but if youre interested you can ban units via the mods tab in pa now (its not a mod its part of the game just found there now)

icycalm - Today at 5:38 AM
Dude
I don't know what to tell you
I posted a stronger reply in the forum, and then deleted it

Nicb1 - Today at 5:38 AM
ah probs missed it

icycalm - Today at 5:38 AM
I know very well what you meant
And I know why you said it

Nicb1 - Today at 5:38 AM
?

icycalm - Today at 5:39 AM
That standalone thing

Nicb1 - Today at 5:39 AM
yeah thats standard
told stuart the same for ga
you just build on top

Planetary Obliteration?

that way changes can be up to date
yeah

Ummm
Meaning they happen automatically?

if you are building off the same mod and i update a model for example if its standalone you wont get the update and you have to apply it manually yourself
or a balance change

icycalm - Today at 5:40 AM
What about if I have deleted a commander, and you update him?

Nicb1 - Today at 5:40 AM
should be fine on your end

Let me explain myself

Nicb1 - Today at 5:40 AM
if your mod is higher priority the com change will be good.

I have no problem doing as you ask
But I was under the impression, that this was a special rule for me

Nicb1 - Today at 5:41 AM
nah
honestly while i havent agreed on some stuff with you in the past not going to be petty. Would ask this from anyone using legion

icycalm - Today at 5:42 AM
I don't even remember the disagreements because there were so many with so many people

Nicb1 - Today at 5:42 AM
xd yeah

icycalm - Today at 5:43 AM
Okay then, glad we cleared that out

Nicb1 - Today at 5:44 AM
solid. happy to have that cleared up
and yeah just msg me here or on the forums if you have any issues with any legion/mod stuff and all that (edited)

icycalm - Today at 5:47 AM
Cool
But it will probably be Robo, because the most I can code is websites
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Aug 2017 06:54

After we have the above things done, I will talk to gmase and see if I can get him on board. If I can, we immediately submit our in-development mod to PAMM and start a thread in the mod forum detailing the changes.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Aug 2017 07:10

6. Delete the Legion intro and replace it with the Titans one

A Legion-specific intro would be preferable, but only if it was at least as good as the Titans one. If it's worse it shouldn't have been added, let alone when it is even 100x worse.

7. Add option to also watch the original PA intro
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Aug 2017 07:17

A quite more involved modification would be to add a Clan Controls option to the main menu, where clan leaders can add their clans and list their members.

In order of priority, this is what the expansion will be comprised of:

1. The titular Cosmic War mode, which will be an ongoing clan-based multiplayer turn-based metagame based on a persistent universe
2. The Legion features cleaned up and tidied up to look fully professional (mainly by simply deleting all the unprofessional stuff that falls below Uber's standard and keeping only that which is at or above that standard)
3. Integrated clan controls
4. A handful of mechanical changes, mainly consisting of bringing back defunct units and rebalancing them, if necessary, to make them useful and viable
5. General cleanup of details, as with the metal planet being renamed to Battle Station, and so on
6. And of course a new title screen, etc.

If anyone can think of other stuff that could be added or changed, post it here.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Aug 2017 20:56

We will need a list of all official-made units that were removed from the game, because one of the goals of the expansion will be to rebalance and readd them.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cosmic War