BRN, BSE, CULT, pXs, TNC, VOC

System design by Elite Sardaukar

Confirmed live cast
Marshall: https://www.twitch.tv/megamarshallxp

Confirmed POV streams
icycalm (CULT): https://www.twitch.tv/insomniacult
danjiro

Unread postby recoil » 09 Aug 2017 20:10

Any word on whether Marshall will be casting, or the new guy Elite said he might bring?
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Aug 2017 14:59

VOC confirmed with one player, maybe two.

I also contacted NW because they've been saying they will play since the beginning, but still haven't showed.

So it looks like five clans minimum, but perhaps up to eight if NW, RLM and the clan Nik says he is making get their stuff together.

I am thinking of casting if Marshall or some other caster don't show. I will hate not playing, but I am prepared to make some sacrifices for the sake of the event in the early days.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Aug 2017 08:58

TNC also confirmed, so we are up to six now. Also I will definitely not be casting today because I hardly slept last night and feel like shit.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 14 Aug 2017 16:51

Good write up from Furballman. They adjusted well from CW2 and I bet the fixed spawn points helped them out this time.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/inso ... st-1142311

furballman wrote:Unfortunately, we didn't die first, (big surprise) and so missed out on a record for the Insomnia Clan Wars series...

We decided to go for orbital rush because it suited the map, we are sorry we didn't take action quicker, but that was our plan all along - to disguise our GRAND FINALE. We are sorry that we didn't try and send nukes into the opponent's anti-nukes. We saved our metal and spent it wisely and efficiently (since we only had 38 metal spots) and we played our way, having adjusted our strategy because of the map and the situation, investing at the right time, in order to keep our opponents guessing, rather than to dictate a game which is near impossible with so many players.

I thought it was a bit of a shame to see @wpmarshall in his stream not acknowledge our SSX snipe or any other com kill, even though it was the 'big strategy' that he was looking for but I do realise it was a long cast and I fully understand that its difficult to keep the motivation and enthusiasm at that point and I appreciate that he casted it. The teleporter and the units that came through right at the end of the game were intended to lure the commander away from his orbital defence, so that we could snipe him more easily, they were not intended to actually kill the comm. I hope that clears things up for our critics. I'm not here to cause any offence, I just merely want to offer an explanation for our actions, seeing as it caused a huge backlash from the PA community. I hope we can gain some recognition for our win and that people can accept that not all of us are into 1v1, and that our particular strengths lie elsewhere. The criticism we received after the game did not feel nice after a deserved victory and I sincerely hope people can understand why I'm writing this, I'm trying to be as nice as possible :)

I know it was a long game, and not the prettiest to watch, but that's how we roll at pXs and it did not deserve to be labelled 'a disgrace'.

Thanks for your understanding.

Yours sincerely,

Furballman, Skywalker and Senketsu :)
recoil

Unread postby Thatsonofabroom » 21 Aug 2017 18:58

Clan Wars #3 - Strategy with icycalm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHnyClSqapc

We blew up the planet because we were trying to increase the sim speed which we succeeded in doing, not to be complete asses to BSE, you or any of the clans on the planet. It is just a game so just deal with it and don't complain when something doesn't go your way. We actually had a great time trying to blow up the planet! :DD
Thatsonofabroom

Unread postby Thatsonofabroom » 21 Aug 2017 19:01

And TNC would be happy to come wreck your clan any time so don't say we have no strategy.
Thatsonofabroom

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Aug 2017 19:06

If BSE, CULT or VOC wanted to increase the sim speed, they were perfectly capable of deleting their commanders to do it. They don't need you to make their choices for them.

And lol at the idea that I "complain when something doesn't go my way", coming from one of the whiniest little bitches and little bitching clans to have ever played PA.

As for you having had "a great time" trying to end BSE's, CULT's and VOC's game: I am glad you enjoyed it, and I hope you savored the experience and treasure the memory, because it will never happen again.

And both us, and the winners of the war -- the pXs clan -- agree that you had no strategy and seem incompetent when it comes to large games. You are welcome to have your own opinion of course.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Lars van Kolck » 21 Aug 2017 19:41

On that strategy video, you might want to prepare a bit more with timestamps etc. and/or cut out some footage so it looks smoother.
Lars van Kolck

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Aug 2017 20:08

These are my first casting efforts, so I am not worried about presentation yet. I am happy to be able to make those videos so that people have something to watch to get an idea about what's happening in these huge games. Once I finish with a bunch of much higher priority tasks -- like finishing the site, for example, and getting our modding work under way -- I will look into sprucing up our streaming and casting efforts.

And here is some chat from Discord between me and the pXs leader, on the subject of TNC's performance and antics in their first and only Insomnia event so far, for anyone who's interested:

Furballman
I don't see what was so wrong about our strategy

icycalm
lol nothing

Furballman
We've got waves of abuse coming our way

icycalm
Forget about it
TNC is just whiners
We view their whining as entertainment

Furballman
Same
do you know how long that game was (in-game clock)

icycalm
No idea

Furballman
anyway thanks for organising, haters gonna hate XD

icycalm
Gimme a sec
I made a Ragnarok rule from next game

Furballman
which is
no ragnarok?

icycalm
http://culture.vg/forum/topic?f=29&t=5752

Furballman
Yeah we all agree on that
We were planning to colonise the first planet after killing BRN, and we waited on purpose till BRN dominated the planet, so that we would then wipe them off and colonise (this was our original plan) and then just let the others do their thing on the other planet, either way we would've won

icycalm
I think so
But it doesn't matter either way
It's an experimental event, and it will take us some time to nail down the best rules

Furballman
well yeah, but in case anyone tries to take away our victory

icycalm
It was a great game either way
No one can lol
It's my website

Furballman
true

icycalm
I just updated it

Furballman
but they probably won't acknowledge that, TNC think they are responsible for our victory
which quite frankly is not true
that's why

icycalm
I don't care what they think

Furballman
just for the whiny ones

icycalm
Watching the stream, my conclusion is TNC was losing, and they killed themselves to avoid admitting it

icycalm
The negativity is pathetic
All these people whining and whining
HOWEVER
The Cult will be here every week

Furballman
same

icycalm
Okay, we have two clans
We will play you guys forever

Furballman
honestly, the games have been fun

icycalm
BRN will be here too
Elite loves the event
3 clans
I believe BSE will be here too
I am going to make a post in the forum

Furballman
it's just childish
no need to ruin our fun because they didn't win

icycalm
The TNC guys are whining again
They want an apology from me, or they won't play again lol

Furballman
Oh ffs
sorry but what is there to apologise for

icycalm
They are annoying whiny brats and sore losers, and I can say that to their face
Their "leader" blocked me on discord
But he is still sitting in my server lol
How does that make any sense?

Furballman
who is their leader?

icycalm
Brother Bear
Not a leader per se, but their contact with me
Since I blocked all the others
lol

Furballman
hahaha

icycalm
Way I see it, if they come back good. If they don't, the sim will do better, so again good. (edited)

Furballman
Yup, shame some of them are so stubborn
do you know if they have watched the strategy video yet?

icycalm
"This is not censorship, this is an insult. All 8 of us watched the video and I talked to every single one last of them before writing to you. 8 players with cumulatively more than 10 000 hours agree that the video lacks any real understanding of PA games, based on lack of experience and in depth knowledge of the PA mechanics. Coming from those facts, and monitoring the play of CULT during that game, we demand an apology for the insults and undermining of dignity of all of us.
The intention behind the Ragnarok were straight forward: turn an unplayable game that was tedious for VOC, BSE, THC, PsX, the caster, and the viewers, into a playable one. That is all we wanted and all we delivered."
That was the first video
I don't think they've watched the second yet
I told them they are like babies when it comes to strategy
And then he blocked me lol

Furballman
Oh dear
yeah I mean you invited them back
They just didn't have the right strategy, the right frame of mind and aren't open to a little criticism

icycalm
The Ragnarok was a disguised ragequit
It was a tough fight for them, but that doesn't give them the right to lie

Furballman
The fact is, given the situation and the way things played out, they were just inexperienced in big games, and that showed
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cosmic War