default header

Cosmic War

Naval titan

Moderator: JC Denton

Naval titan

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Aug 2017 12:57

We really need one, and it becomes especially obvious when you look at the improved build bar we are working on right now:

buildbar_v3.png

In fact we need two of them, one for "MLA" and one for "Legion"; or rather two different ones of varying power, in our version of the mod.

Some ideas for them:

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/nava ... tan.69911/

komandorcliff wrote:Oh, its also obviously going to be named Poseidon

killerkiwijuice wrote:I'd like a unit that creates tsunamis ;)

This would be awesome but we can't model it, so we'll have to go with more conventional options.

billthebluebot wrote:the naval titan should totally be a huge submarine that fires tactical nukes that it builds like a unit cannon, that have somewhat awful aim.

stevenrs11 wrote:Totally agree. Builds up and fires a spread of smaller, low level nukes with infinite range. Could balance with accuracy, build time/cost, and what intercepts them.

Sounds good to me for at least one of them.

The sticking point will be getting someone to do the concept art and modelling for them. I wish the Legion guys would jump in...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Aug 2017 13:52

A more radical idea for the second one would be a structure that can only be built in the sea and vaporizes all water after a thirty-second or so wait. A naval Ragnarok, as it were, but cheaper and quicker because it doesn't destroy the entire planet. Something to use if you are getting your ass kicked in the water, but still have a foothold somewhere and the eco to do something faster than trying to outbuild your opponent(s). It would be especially useful in proper seas and oceans, not really in ponds.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cosmic War