default header

Cosmic War

The mikey business

Moderator: JC Denton

The mikey business

Unread postby Some guy » 14 Sep 2017 13:04

I made a final attempt, icy. I hope you don't mind.

mikeyconversation.PNG
Some guy

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Sep 2017 13:12

Nah, I don't mind, but I doubt you'll get a response. The last time he asked something concrete from us it was weeks ago to not rebrand Legion, which I have since said I won't if he resumes supporting us, so I have already given him all he has ever asked of us, and he still hasn't even bothered to reply. So I don't think he cares how all this affects PA at all now, and just wants to find ways to spite us. Or if he replies to you, he will give you an utterly unreasonable list of demands, I am sure of it (even MORE unreasonable than his demand to take credit for our work away from us, that is).

To understand the level of pettiness he operates at, consider that my ISP gives me a new IP address every few days -- which has nothing to do with me, this is just the way they operate -- and mikey keeps checking it and manually rebanning it from palobby.com, while I have his site linked off the bottom of EVERY PAGE OF MY SITE, and don't plan on ever removing that link because it would be disgustingly petty with nothing to gain from it for anyone involved. But he is prepared to spend the rest of his life checking my IP every few days and rebanning it...

You just messaged a child and wasted your time, but I don't mind. Perhaps a miracle will happen at some point and he will reply to you with something reasonable, but I at least won't be holding my breath for it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Sep 2017 13:39

Did you see his attempt to get someone to start a "Community Clan Wars" lol? He hasn't the faintest idea of how lame that name sounds (a "community war" lol), never mind of the obvious fact that there is no one in the "community" who can make it happen to any reasonable degree of quality (as if I or Elite or Diskraip or Furballman and our dozens of players are not part of the "community" lol).

And what about a "Community Clan League" or a "Community Cosmic War" lol.

But you would need a "Community icycalm" to make those things happen, mikey, and that's never going to happen because capable people don't add the word "community" before the name of everything that they do. That's why the game is not called "Community Planetary Annihilation", because the Uber guys aren't communist hippies but highly skilled individuals who want to be recognized for their work.

"Community" my ass, then, my dear mikey. That's my response to all the communist drivel that he and the trolls have been propounding. I am running the INSOMNIA Clan Wars & Clan League & Cosmic War, and they are already the best events to have ever existed in all of real-time strategy. But everyone else is free to stick to fabber-only 1v1 gimmick events, and have fun with that, cheers.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Robomoo » 14 Sep 2017 13:53

It's indicative of the level of competition we are facing that the one person who said that he is "preparing a proper team event" to compete with us -- that Bulgarian teenager, Nik -- quit the game altogether a week later lol. Talk about commitment lol!

With members like this it's no wonder that the "community" has been dying for well over a year now. And since mikey has been excluding us and everyone who participates in our events from the word "community", about the only people left in that community are mikey and two dozen bored teenagers with no life who spend all day idling on Discord and itching to troll in the forum whoever attempts to resurrect their dead scene. When these teenagers eventually start school or get a job or whatever, "community" will just mean "mikey" lol, the way he's using that word. Like a proper Stalinist dictator lol.

I hope the day comes that Uber wakes up and realizes how much harm he is doing to their game now. Our events would be DOUBLE the size that they are without his constant harassment, and it is Uber and their game that is losing due to this more than anyone else. THEY are the ones who have invested more than anyone else into this game, and THEY are the ones who are losing more than anyone else when the game is dead and has no future.
Robomoo

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Sep 2017 14:00

You hit the nail on the head there:

Robomoo wrote:THEY are the ones who have invested more than anyone else into this game, and THEY are the ones who are losing more than anyone else when the game is dead and has no future.

mikey's tiny improvements are not a future if no one is playing the game, whereas the game had a HELL of a future back in 2014 when the scene was booming even without mikey's tiny improvements and mikey was nowhere to be seen while the CULT was supporting and participating in the Clan Wars.

CLAN WARS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN MIKEY. THERE, I SAID IT. WHOEVER HAS EARS TO HEAR, LET HIM HEAR!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby danjiro » 14 Sep 2017 14:09

Does anyone actually say, "The only reason I am still playing PA is because of that bug in the system designer that mikey fixed in the last update"?

Or even, "I am only still playing PA because PAMM is integrated in the game now"?

Or, "because there is a community chat now?"

What value does all this stuff have without a proper competitive scene that demonstrates the best the game has to offer, which is huge team games that span large multi-planet systems?

Even stuff like the Titans and new Legion units are worthless without a proper scene. The original Clan Wars was run before Titans or Legion, and it drew 300+ people whenever there was a live cast, and now Marshall struggles to get even 30 viewers on Twitch, despite all the additions.

How much more evidence do they need to realize that their approach isn't working?

So yes, Clan Wars and Clan League and Cosmic War are more important than anything mikey has done for the game, but only icy can see it, and that's why he's the one running them instead of mikey or Nik or any other "community" bozo lol who thinks that random bug-fixing is more important than actual people playing the damn game the way it was meant to be played.
danjiro

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Sep 2017 14:23

If mikey manages to dupe Uber into banning us, we'll just concentrate our efforts on Rust, and then come back to PA a couple of years down the line when even mikey will have given up on the game, and resurrect it then. Unless a better RTS is released -- which could take many years if not decades -- the people who truly understand and truly love PA like me and Elite will always be ready to come back and play when there are proper events to play in. We already have the website, the forum, the event formats, the mods and logos and streaming setups -- if we get banned, we just press pause on everything and patiently wait for mikey and Exodus to finally kill the game for good, and then we step in again.

There is no way I will allow these bozos to prevent PA from realizing its full potential. They would have to kill me to achieve this. They would have to literally go over my dead body. And given that they are a bunch of nerds whom I could probably scare away irl just by STARING THEM DOWN, that's not going to happen.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Some guy » 15 Sep 2017 19:00

icy, I talked to mikey some more, and things look grim. Are you willing to promise that you will not rebrand Legion regardless of what he does? I think if you are willing to do that, and stop with the belligerent rhetoric, we might have a chance at reconciliation at some point in the future.
Some guy

Unread postby icycalm » 15 Sep 2017 20:00

I want this business to be over. I have spent more time in the last two weeks dealing with the problems he has caused us, than working on the events or the mods or playing the game, and I am sick of it. I am ready to talk, but he doesn't trust me. So I will go ahead and unilaterally make as many concessions as I think he wants to see from me. So,

1. I promise to never rebrand Legion in any way whatsoever. The mod will be called Insomnia Legion, but there will be no visual change to designate it. I have come around to this viewpoint because I considered that even if I called the mod "The Worst Mod In The World", people would still play it. It doesn't matter much -- at least in the long run -- what a thing is called if it is awesome, and my mod will sure as hell be awesome.

2. I will put Insomnia Legion on GitHub with an MIT license, and the other license thingy mikey asked for, so that other people will be free to do to my mod what I am doing to Legion. This will happen as soon as we can get around to it, which will probably be early next week.

and,

3. I will cease work on Insomnia Legion for two months, or until mikey talks to me and gives me his full input, whichever comes first. I will also cease PLAYING Insomnia Legion, for two weeks (which will also mean I will cease playing Cosmic War, or working on it, apart from writing two blog reports of past events). After these two weeks, I will resume playing Insomnia Legion, but not developing it further, until the two months are up, or mikey talks to me. (Please note that the Insomnia Balance we are working on for Clan League and Clan Wars will continue to be developed during this time. The only thing I am taking from Legion for that for the moment is the Tyr, because it's my favorite unit in PA and I want to use it in the games, and I will give full credit for it, as I will do for everything else).

I do not require any response from mikey for any of the above, nor do I expect any, but I believe that it would be in the best interests of all of us -- and above all of PA -- if he started talking to me at some point.

All the above applies to Insomnia Legion. We are also making several other mods, including custom lobbies for use during our events, with different color schemes, and the event logos in the background etc., plus leaderboards on the sidebars and so on, but I don't think that will bother mikey. These are lobbies that only we will use when hosting events, in order to make them look cooler and more professional. We've already posted a bunch of pictures of them, so he has already seen them. I don't know what issue he could have with those, but I hope he doesn't have any because they look awesome and I love them.

I am getting back to work now.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cosmic War