default header

Cosmic War

Useful mods

Moderator: JC Denton

Useful mods

Unread postby icycalm » 16 Sep 2017 00:49

"Chat With Player" is a UI mod that places little chat icons next to all the player names in the player list at the top left of the screen. By clicking on them, you open up a chat box with the respective player. It works like a charm, and once you have installed it I don't see why you should use the general chat for diplomacy any more. If everyone starts using it the game will become even more complex, as we'll all have to deduce truces and alliances by closely observing the battlefield to figure out what's up, instead of simply waiting for people to broadcast them openly as before. It should cut down on people whining for being gang raped too, which is always a plus.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Useful mods

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Jan 2022 03:32

Rough list of recommended mods. Some of them are required, but I haven't bothered to separate the required from the recommended. If you know the game, you know which is which, and if you don't know the game, just enable all of them until you do.

This is just for starters. We'll make a more complete list soon, plus our own mods. Feel free to use this thread to suggest more mods, or suggest removing mods from the list, or report non-working mods or mod conflicts, etc.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Ciaróg » 29 Jan 2022 14:54

I have started using the hotbuild2 mod. Pretty much all the high level players use it. It greatly reduces the amount of key presses needed to queue up build orders so I am finding it a nice QOL improvement, particularily in the early game. It does require a bit of relearning from the defaults so the right time to start using it for anyone that wants to is now when we are all coming back from a break.

The Second PIP mod is nice too. I generally just leave one PIP on my base and one on the enemy base which is pretty idiot proof and lets me know when I am in danger or what the other team are doing but I am sure there is a more optimum way of using them.

Also icy you seem to be missing the All In One Spectator mod we were using for King of the Planet. You probably want that if you are going to be casting.
Ciaróg

Unread postby ExiledOne » 04 Feb 2022 00:51

These are a couple of the cosmetic mods I used in the last Cosmic War. They're called "Team Commander Explosion Color", "Team Teleporter Color", "Team Commander Landing Color", and "Team Uber Cannon Color". They add a bit more variety to aforementioned effects and it's always nice to rep your team colors, right?
ExiledOne

Return to Cosmic War