default header

Cosmic War

The PA Podcast (with Nosebreaker and icycalm)

Moderator: JC Denton

The PA Podcast (with Nosebreaker and icycalm)

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Oct 2017 00:45

We've been having some pretty lengthy voice chats with Nosebreaker every couple of weeks about PA, and we decided to share them with people via a podcast:

http://cosmicwar.net/podcast/

cover.png

There's one episode up there right now, just under two hours long:

Episode #1
2017-10-18

On teamwork, leadership, system design for Clan Wars, BSE's dominance of the scene, Marshall's casting, trolling teammates, forum politics, the Ragnarok, the Tyr, Nosebreaker's streaming plans, and lots of other stuff.

Unfortunately, the embedded player doesn't seem to function on most browsers right now, but you can download the MP3 file and launch it with pretty much any media player.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 19 Oct 2017 05:16

I listened through the whole thing. Audio is loud and clear with barely any background noise. The banter between the two of you is great.

Glad you watched my live cast, Nosebreaker. It was my first cast of Clan Wars and I missed quite a bit of action, it's tough getting the whole picture as just a single spectator. There's so much going on and it's really cool to witness it. That's why we need to have a team of casters to catch everything important. Also, get into streaming. It would be awesome to see your POV, I tune into Furballman's live stream when I can. I'll definitely be watching.
recoil

Unread postby Diskraip » 19 Oct 2017 22:28

I understood not all, but it was interesting, so I listened it twice. I like your phrase "I can't play if there one person who uncoordinated". I agree with it. The reason why I don't make POV, my PC is not enough good. Clan War is a big battle and it need many resourses, so I think with OBS I will have big lags. But I love watch replay, so usually after Clan War I watch every video which I can found, like your icy POV, recoil stream and etc. So I will happy if Nosebreaker will stream. And I think that maybe I can try make POV too.
Diskraip

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Oct 2017 09:48

Glad you guys enjoyed it. Nosebreaker says that everyone he knows listened to it too, so it seems we have an audience. He wants us to post cast CW12 together, if the replay was actually saved, and I just helped get him started with streaming (you can see a test video in his Twitch channel [ > ]: he plays the game at 4K lol).

And here's the second podcast we just did: http://cosmicwar.net/podcast/ (and once again the embedded player doesn't work and you have to download it).

Episode #2

2017-10-22

On alleged alliances and betrayals, the awesomeness of the CW12 system, indie players vs. random teams, Titans' dumbed-down balance, how to spend 600,000 metal, the nerfed Tyr, Legion vs. Insomnia balance, once more on BSE's dominance, and lots more.

Interestingly, it's almost the exact same length as the first one without us planning it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 22 Oct 2017 18:52

Hilarious episode. You can't be mad at me, Nosebreaker, I said I'd run it by the team and get back to you. Also, Clan Wars #5, enough said, lol.
recoil

Unread postby recoil » 23 Oct 2017 02:58

Unfortunately, the replay didn't save, but replays are up and running now.
recoil

Return to Cosmic War