default header

Cosmic War

Cosmic War Extend #1: Age of Empires IV

Moderator: JC Denton

Cosmic War Extend #1: Age of Empires IV

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Feb 2022 22:23

A couple of weeks ago I outlined a plan in the Cosmic War Discord channel to run occasional tournaments of other RTS and RTS-adjacent games as a break from our weekly PA war. I’ll copy-paste the chatlog here when I am on desktop, but basically the idea is that we take say one week per two months, or something like that, and devote it to some game other than PA, culminating with a war on Saturday, the winner of which gets a point on the new “variety” leaderboard plus the honor of choosing the next game, to be played two months later.

The problem was which game to start with, and I now have the answer to that: it’ll be Relic’s Age of Empires IV for two reasons:

1. It is the latest and greatest RTS or at least RTS-adjacent release, and we really ought to be supporting it, regardless of its shortcomings.

2. We were supposed to be playing it on day 1 last year anyway.

So I think it constitutes an apt choice for inaugural Cosmic War Extend title. If you’re interested in playing it with us, be on the lookout for a good deal if you haven’t picked it up already, and if you’re serious about winning, maybe practice a little too.

P.S. If you can think of a better name than Cosmic War Extend, I am all ears. It’s just a tentative title, and in all likelihood I’ll probably go with something like War Ages, or Ages of War or something. The idea is to explore all the “ages” that led to the age of planetary annihilation.

P.P.S. The AoE4 week will probably be the last week of March, once the PA events are solidly established.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cosmic War