Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Games

[PC] [360] [PS3] [WIIU] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Moderator: JC Denton

Unread postby Agentx » 29 Feb 2012 01:33

While I didn't mind them at all, many people seemed to have a problem with the fact that direct confrontations with Human Revolution's bosses were unavoidable and must be killed; the no kill achievement specifically mentions the bosses don't count. They also had large Hit Point pools, and only one of them had an environmental means to inflicting damage. So people complained that their characters at these stages built solely for stealth/non-lethal were not suited to gunfighting with bullet sponges. It is worth noting that all the bosses were still vulnerable to things like Gas, EMP, the stun gun, the typhoon and mines, just that they aren't incapacitated instantly. All the rooms include weapons, ammo and health. I certainly thought you were presented with plenty of options.

I haven't played the original, so I can't appreciate the significant differences with how it handled bosses. If I was to say anything negative it would be the boss characters are the least interesting characters in the whole game. So aside from brief glimpses of them during the prologue and a few of the cutscenes, the only one I cared about fighting was the one who beat up Adam at the end of the prologue.

They tried to address this in the final confrontation of The Missing Link DLC episode, with the final boss being subject to the same rules as normal enemies, only slightly stronger, and still vulnerable to takedowns and such, and as such could be beaten lethally or non-lethally. He was also built up to as being the major antagonist for the chapter as it built up to actually having to confront up before escaping. Instead, you had to fight or sneak full a large room full of enemies that are on alert for you to make it to where he was hiding.

On speaking of the speech augmentation, there are a couple of characters that are immune to the Influence option and call you out when you try to use it. I liked that. Also, I can remember a couple of examples where you needed it to influence the character into giving something up (whereas without it the options would not appear and you'd need to take a more... direct approach), but I'm sure it was only side missions .
Agentx

Unread postby Worm » 29 Feb 2012 04:50

The first boss fight is introduced with a cutscene, then dumps you in an unfamiliar room with a guy shooting and killing you within a couple seconds if you don't immediately move behind cover. It's not a very hard fight once you get your bearings, but apparently, the load times were 20-30 seconds long on the PC before it was patched (and maybe still are on the console versions). I can see why having to wait half a minute for each chance to simply look around would give someone a bad first impression. Still, a lot of the whining is the typical "this part was too hard for me, therefore it was badly designed" junk.

It's true that the fights were outsourced, though:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... ttles.aspx

While most of Deus Ex: Human Revolution was created internally by Eidos Montreal, the boss battles, the section of the game that has received the most criticism, were outsourced to G.R.I.P. Entertainment.
Worm

Unread postby El Chaos » 26 Sep 2012 02:01

I got the Xbox 360 version and installed it to the HDD. The loading times are usually around fifteen to twenty seconds, thirty tops (and only while initially loading a game save or being in the city hubs).

I noticed something in the review, minor stuff: http://culture.vg/reviews/in-depth/deus ... 11-pc.html

Fabius Mayland wrote:Moving on, watch this short clip for a sec: [ > ]. Now let me tell you why it could be twice as good. The energy system is another one of these "one step forward, two steps backward" things. Yeah, there were too many bioenergy cells available in Deus Ex. Human Revolution reacts to this by limiting you to two (upgradable to four) energy units, only the first one of which will regenerate. In theory, this should force you to conserve your resources. In practice, it makes cool combinations completely impractical. Since the takedown system requires a full energy unit — and is your only option of melee combat —, combining it with anything requires the usage of a Mars Corporation™ Energybar. What I really wanted to do in that video was immediately take the two enemies down. Instead, I had to linger for a few seconds, waiting for the energy that silent landing used up to recharge. This creates a disconnect. It breaks the flow of my movement.

The Icarus landing system does not have any energy consumption whatsoever, you can see this in that very clip: you start out with one charged cell and still have it charged after you landed. I don't understand why the takedown prompt didn't show up when you moved closer to the guards, maybe you had to move even closer, or you just disabled the cover/takedown prompts in the game options, but you should be perfectly able to take one guard down there, or both at the same time if you activated the appropriate augmentation.
El Chaos
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby Worm » 26 Sep 2012 22:51

The energy drain (if the description is accurate) is coming from the jump/land silently augmentation, not the Icarus. It's hard to tell due to the low resolution, but I think a sliver of energy has depleted by the end of the video.
Worm

Unread postby dinopoke » 22 Mar 2013 03:24

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2013/03/deu ... s-cut.html

1363788517-deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut-artwork.jpg

1363785082-10354dxhrdc-wiiu-infolog.jpg

1363785082-10355dxhrdc-wiiu-rpg01.jpg

1363785085-10356dxhrdc-wiiu-social.jpg

1363785086-10353dxhrdc-wiiu-action01.jpg

1363785086-10357dxhrdc-wiiu-stealth.jpg

1363785188-10358hacking.jpg

Square Enix Announces Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut For Wii U

Eidos Montreal, a Square Enix studio, today announced the Director's Cut of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the definitive version of the critically acclaimed action-RPG title, is coming soon exclusively to Nintendo's Wii U system.

The Director's Cut offers a full slate of Wii U GamePad features including touch-screen hacking, interactive map editing, augmented sniping, grenade throwbacks and many other neural hub enhancements. Along with in-depth Miiverse integration, the Director's Cut also provides access to developer commentaries and in-game guides.

Tongs's Rescue mission and the entire Missing Link chapter have also been integrated seamlessly into the narrative flow of the Director's Cut. Other core Deus Ex: Human Revolution augmentations include overhauled boss fights, refined game balance and combat, improved AI, and striking visual improvements which make this edition the best looking and most immersive Deus Ex experience available.
dinopoke

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Mar 2013 20:44

Looks and sounds cool, but it's not the "definitive" version if you can't play it on 3 1080p screens.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Ryusenshi » 04 Apr 2013 17:18

New trailer for the Wii U Edition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_PxB4ZxK2o

NEURAL HUB: Adam Jensen's newest augmentation, the Neural Hub, offers an immersive and empowering experience, right at the tips of your fingers using the GamePad.

ENHANCED GAMEPLAY: Overhauled boss fights, enhanced visuals, reinforced combat mechanics and much more.

ALL BONUS CONTENT INCLUDED: With additional weapons, blast your way through the 5 hour-long Missing Link bonus mission.

MORE FOR YOU: Along with Miiverse™ integration, gain access to developer commentaries and the exclusive in-game strategy guide.
Ryusenshi

Unread postby dinopoke » 19 Apr 2013 05:34

Director's Cut Behind the Scenes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANxdHQ0BVFE
dinopoke

Unread postby movie » 12 Jun 2013 03:32

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/deus-ex-huma ... 360-and-pc

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director’s Cut, Square Enix and Eidos Montreal’s “definitive version” of Deus Ex: Human Revolution, will come to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC in addition to Wii U, Square Enix has announced.

Director’s Cut offers a “full slate” of second screen features for the Wii U GamePad, Microsoft’s SmartGlass, and the PS Vita system that make the touchscreen interface main character Adam Jensen’s primary neural hub enhancement. It will also include the ‘Missing Link’ download content, overhauled boss fights, refined game balance and combat, improved AI, and over eight hours of developer commentary.
movie

Unread postby movie » 08 Oct 2013 12:05

movie

Unread postby shubn » 22 Oct 2013 22:14

Director's Cut Launch Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AXvSx6Kmmg
shubn

Previous

Return to Games