default header

Games

[PC] [PS3] [PS4] Trine

Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] [PS3] [PS4] Trine

Unread postby Nervicide » 19 Apr 2009 16:03

A physics-heavy action game where three characters allow clever solutions to challenges created by hazardous puzzles and threatening enemies. Mechanics based on fully interactive physics -- each character's different abilities and tactics can be used to invent new ways to overcome obstacles and save the kingdom!

Some screens from the official site:

Teaser and trailer on GT.

So at first glance I'd say Hocus Pocus meets The Vikings, and then some.

Frozenbyte are the guys responsible for Shadowgrounds, a pretty decent top-down horde-mower. Sort of a modern day Alien Breed. I threw a couple of hours its way when it came out.

As for Trine, well it's clearly made in the typical Western idea of fantasy fashion. Meaning lots of the bloomy and the blingy strung all over the place. A bit too heavy on the eyes for me, but the game seems like good fun from the trailers. I just hope the neon crap can be disabled in the PC version.
Nervicide

Unread postby jeffrobot494 » 15 Dec 2014 19:53

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/ ... -dec-23rd/

Trine Enchanted Edition Coming to PS4 on Dec. 23rd

Kai Tuovinen wrote:Hello everyone! I’m thrilled to announce that Trine Enchanted Edition for PS4 is coming to PlayStation Store on December 23rd.

15812141870_00a8e10579_h.jpg

Trine Enchanted Edition is a remake of the original Trine with dazzling new visual effects and a vast number of gameplay improvements and fixes. The game features 15 breathtaking levels ranging from mysterious underground catacombs, crystal caverns, and abandoned castles to sun-drenched ancient ruins filled with dangerous enemies, hazards, and head-scratching puzzles.
Traditionally the Trine games have been popular among co-op fans, so the Enchanted Edition supports both local and online co-op fun for up to three players (and a mixed online/local co-op as well).

15813401679_8fc41bbabe_h.jpg

15379778413_6f2ece53d7_h.jpg

On the technical side, Trine Enchanted Edition runs at a smooth 60 fps and a full HD (1080p) resolution. Also great news for 3D fans — Stereoscopic 3D is also included.
If you’d like to stay tuned for all of our game updates and news, you can also follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page. We’d love to hear your feedback on Trine Enchanted Edition in the comments.
jeffrobot494

Return to Games