PSP c.png
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Nov 2012 01:45

That's great, thank you.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ronan » 24 Nov 2012 20:27

A few attempts for the GameCube, DS, arcades and PC. If you have other ideas...

GameCube.png

GameCubeA.png

GameCubeB.png

DS A.png

DS B.png

Arcades.png

ArcadesA.png

ArcadesB.png

Windows.png

PC.png
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 25 Nov 2012 06:23

I really like the GC ones, and the DS ones are fine too. The rest can serve as placeholders until we've found some suitable graphics. And the coins have to be generic coins, not Japanese, because there are quite a few American/Chinese/Korean arcade games etc.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Dec 2012 09:15

I've uploaded a bunch of new headers on the frontpage, but there are a few I could use some help with. I'll post them here and maybe you can take a look at them if you can spare the time...

hitman.jpg

This one needs to have the logo removed.

saintsrow.jpg

In this there's a hand above the shoulder of the dude on the far left that needs to go.

resonanceoffate.jpg

Here there's a small structure on the top edge of the image, approximately in the middle, which is clipped and should therefore be removed. Also, at the top-left corner, right in the corner, there are some dark pixels that should be removed and replaced by the same sky-cloudy kind of pixels that surround them.

lollipopchainsaw.jpg

In this one I need the text gone (including the lips image) as well as the two fingers you can see right beneath the "t" in "Juliet". Also, near the top-left corner there is a large thing that looks like a water or perhaps blood droplet, drawn in lipstick, and another much smaller one right next to it. I'd like these two gone too. And some of those dots towards the middle of the top edge need cleaning too.

needforspeed.jpg

Here I just want the moon gone.

modernwarfare3.jpg

In this one there's a plane to the right of the Eiffel tower, which is cropped by the top edge of the image, and so needs to go. Also, to the right and left of the plane there are also some bits and pieces of its wings that also need to go.

default.jpg

And finally I decided to replace my Ico header with raphael's crop, which is a little bit better. Only thing that needs to be done is to remove that little tuft of hair to the right of Yorda's head that's not connected to it.

And that's it for now. I am still working on more of them, so I'll probably post a few more editing requests later.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ronan » 24 Dec 2012 14:41

Voilà:

hitman.jpg

saintsrow.jpg

resonanceoffate.jpg

lollipopchainsaw.jpg

needforspeed.jpg

modernwarfare3.jpg

default.jpg
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Dec 2012 22:49

Great stuff, thank you. It feels weird having so many headers now that I get tired of waiting for them to cycle. It took us about a year but we got there.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Jan 2013 15:57

Uploaded a bunch of new headers today, and need help with 3 remaining ones, if you have the time to spare. Here they are:

kingdomsofamalur.jpg

This one needs to have 4 things cleared: a little triangle to the right of his left leg, and two triangles and a little dot thingy between them to the left of his left leg.

masseffect.jpg

This one needs the logo gone.

metalgearrising.jpg

And as for this one, I'd like two versions: one without the Deviant Art address, and one without both the logo and the Deviant Art address.

Lastly, I'd also like a little touch-up on the Lollipop Chainsaw one you recently did. There are a lot of grey smudges on the left end of the image, and I was wondering if you could just clean it all up and make it more homogeneous with the rest of the blueish background... And that's it for now.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ronan » 08 Jan 2013 00:04

Here are some:

kingdomsofamalur.jpg

metalgearrising.jpg

metalgearrising_alt.jpg

lollipopchainsaw.jpg

As for the Mass Effect header, since the logo was a bit bothersome to remove, I found some other images with the same artwork. (Unfortunately, I have not found a decent image featuring the full artwork.)

mass_effect_3_shepard_female_look_face_15865_1680x1050.jpg

wallpaper-011-femshep-1920x1200.jpg
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby ronan » 08 Jan 2013 00:11

Well, it was not too hard, in fact:

masseffect.jpg
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Jan 2013 23:30

Thank you. I will impose on you once more in a couple of days for a little touch-up work, because I am putting some serious effort into fully updating the frontpage and posting more content on a regular basis again. We'll see how that goes...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Feb 2013 01:38

Here's some touch-up work I'd like to see done on this gorgeous header:

starcraft_c.jpg

I'd like two versions of this. Both versions should have that light blue stuff to the right of her head removed, and the second version should also have that thick tentacle-type thing that's on the top-left corner of the image removed.

There's also another thing I'd like to ask your help on. Do you have any program that turns a .pdf image into a .png one? I've tried some free ones online and the result is a great loss of quality. If there's something you can do about this, I need the following two files converted to .png:

http://culture.vg/images/vgculturecover1.pdf
http://culture.vg/images/covers.pdf

They contain 6 images in all, but 2 of them are of the first version of the first book's cover, so I don't need them. So I basically need 4 .png images. Let me know if you can do this...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ronan » 09 Feb 2013 00:23

Here are the headers with Kerrigan.

starcraft_c1.jpg

starcraft_c2.jpg

As for the book covers, I imported them in GIMP with a resolution of 600 pixels per inch. Let me know if this enough. Also, let me know if the colors somehow seem a bit off.

Videogame Culture 1.png

Videogame Culture 2.png

Videogame Art 1.png

Genealogy.png
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 09 Feb 2013 06:16

It all looks good as far as I can tell, thank you. I already uploaded the new Kerrigan header (picked the second one for now), and I'll be updating the covers on the frontpage soon too. Can't see any problems with the colors so far, but I'll let you know if I do when they're uploaded.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Aug 2013 06:04

Any chance you could take out that frog from the Sorceress's panel, ronan?

dragonscrown.jpg
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ronan » 14 Aug 2013 08:24

Voilà.

dragonscrown.jpg

Funny, I did not know that some people were making such a fuss over the character design... (Well, over the breasts, essentially.)
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Aug 2013 17:11

It was hard to miss. Even the Gamengai and Postback threads mentioned it. Insomnia's was probably the only thread on the game on the internet that didn't :) Thanks.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby El Chaos » 12 Jun 2014 20:43

icy, I was thinking this picture from Splatoon's official E3 page could work as the header for the game's thread:

poster.jpg

What do you think?
El Chaos
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Jun 2014 01:55

Let me try to see if I can crop it without destroying it. Are you getting a Wii U?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby El Chaos » 13 Jun 2014 03:11

After all the stuff that's been showing up recently I might consider it, though prices down here are rather crazy (800 dollars for a Wii U, 1000 for a PS4, 1100 for an Xbone).

I cropped and resized it, but the image is simply centered:

splatoon_header.png
El Chaos
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Jun 2014 03:28

I updated the thread, check it out (also removed your first posted image, because it was similar to the header and made the thread look bad).

I've heard about the crazy prices in Argentina, surely there has to be a way to get an American friend (or someone from the forum, like recoil for example, whom I would trust with this sort of thing) to send a console to you for way cheaper? Or are they really strict at customs?

Jesus christ though. And we think we're paying too much for them in Europe...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby El Chaos » 13 Jun 2014 13:41

It may have been possible back in 2011, since 2012 the Government has erected an "import wall" that's making life pretty much impossible for private companies that need imported parts for manufacturing their goods, let alone regular people. And now they're fucking bleeding money because of the rampant corruption and subsidization of the poor asking for nothing in return, inflation rate is at about 50%, it's madness.

I was damn lucky a cousin of mine was on a trip to Miami and she managed to sneak back in a 3DS XL for me, now it's going for over 430 dollars. Remember I posted that I bought a Fire Emblem game? It's at 92 dollars, but I managed to get it for like 77 because I paid for it with cash and the vendor simply evaded the VAT, and the guy still made a better deal that way lol.

Anyways, I guess now it's to be expected, seems this shit happens like once every decade here, we were long overdue. People are realizing they're getting fistfucked once more, eventually everything is going to break down for good so we can start rebuilding it... again.

Oh, and the thread looks lovely now, thanks. :)
El Chaos
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Jul 2014 21:12

Here's some work for you, Ronan, if you have the time.

batman.jpg

To the left side of Batman, quite close to the bottom-left edge, there's some smoke that I'd like removed.

batman-b.jpg

Near the middle of the top edge of the image there's a little white triangle that I'd like removed. Also, at the left side of the image, above the Batmobile, there's something that looks like a structure of some kind. On the structure, there's a very prominent white dot. You can't miss it. I also want that gone.

dragonage.jpg

To the left of his hand, near the middle of the top edge, there's a small bolt of fire. And to the right of his hand, near the top-right edge, there's a small blob of fire. I want both of them gone.

dragonage-b.jpg

There's some text on the monster's wing, and some small tree branches on the bottom-right edge of the image.

crysis.jpg

And finally, the logo.

Let me know if you can take care of this. They are some pretty cool images.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ronan » 11 Jul 2014 19:40

Here are the easier two. I will do the rest later, since I am on a business trip again.

dragonage.jpg

batman-b.jpg
ronan
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Jul 2014 21:19

Awesome, thanks!
icycalm
Hyperborean

PreviousNext

Return to Games