default header

Games

[PS3] [PSV] [PS4] Dragon's Crown

Moderator: JC Denton

Unread postby Qpo » 31 May 2013 23:17

http://gematsu.com/2013/05/free-dragons ... -at-launch

DC-Free-Voice-Pack-DLC.jpg
DC-Free-Voice-Pack-DLC.jpg (169.7 KiB) Viewed 19119 times

In Dragon’s Crown, a Game Master will narrate your journey. When the game launches on August 6, Atlus will release a free downloadable add-on to further customize your story with different narrator voices from each of the game’s six playable characters.

It will only be available free for the first month, however, and after that, the ‘Voice Pack’ will revert to a price of $1.99.
Qpo

Unread postby ksevcov » 04 Jun 2013 07:31

http://dragons-crown.com/#monster

Harpy:

harpy.jpg

Doom Beetle:

doombeetle.PNG

Minotaur:

minotaur.jpg

Vampire:

vampire.jpg

Wyvern:

wyvern.jpg
ksevcov

Unread postby dinopoke » 05 Jun 2013 18:29

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/04/cu ... t-weapons/

Dragon’s Crown has a variety of weapons for players to arm themselves with. Some weapons are hidden in treasure chests, others can be purchased in shops and if you’re in a pinch you can swipe a weapon from an enemy’s claws.

The weapon you equip shows up in your hands. Weapons have durability and can break from wear in tear while you’re in a dungeon. Broken weapons can be repaired at Morgan’s Second Hand Magic Shop when you’re back in town. You can also appraise treasure found from your adventures there.

The greatest treasures in Dragon’s Crown aren’t items you can equip. Players can unlock 50 pieces of Treasure Art. These illustrations from Vanillaware are awarded for completing certain guild requests.

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2013/06/dra ... ation.html

1370377892-dragons-crown-treasure.jpg

1370390815-sorceress-warrior.jpg

1370377897-dragons-crown-treasure-art-1.jpg

1370377891-dragons-crown-treasure-art-2.jpg

1370377896-dragons-crown-treasure-art-3.jpg
dinopoke

Unread postby ksevcov » 13 Jun 2013 11:40

ksevcov

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Jun 2013 05:18

http://www.gamengai.com/forum/viewtopic ... 268#p27268

Macaw wrote:First proper non trailer game vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2i0jrlIOP0

Also its amazing how much the game references both 80's PC RPG's along with the Capcom arcade fantasy action games, heres some stuff:

- Post mission leveling up and loot managing is directly inspired by Sorcerian, complete with deciding if you want to appraise found items or just sell them.

- In the above video the Atlus guy mentions the first quest in the game is recovering the royal scepter. The famous first quest from Sorcerian is "The Kings Lost Scepter".

- The name of the country the game is set in is 'Hydeland', an obvious reference to Hydlide, which despite having a stigma in the west for the shitty nes game, was one of the most famous series in Japan and gave birth to the japanese ARPG, which then led to stuff like Zelda and Ys being made. Also Hydlide 3 is a legitimately awesome game.

- Tonnes of the enemies are directly inspired from either King Of Dragons or the arcade D&D games. The lizardmen are pretty much identical in design to the troglodytes from D&D. The spiders are identical to the Giant Spiders boss from King of Dragons right down to the way they come down from the ceiling and grab the players. One of the trailers briefly shows a mage boss that looks exactly like the evil wizard you fight near the end of King of Dragons. One of the bosses that shows frequently in the trailers looks exactly like the "Dark Warrior" bosses from Shadow over Mystara. The scorpions are exactly like how they are in both D&D games, etc etc. Theres plenty of others.

- Also worth noting that the scene from Aladdin were they escape from the lava on the magic carpet is directly referenced in the game too, which can be seen in the e3 trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVmq2dNzOG4

Also its crazy just HOW much the game retains an arcade style, even more so than I previously would have expected. While the town serves its purpose the same way as in Diablo (Or in this case like Sorcerian or Wizardry I guess) the action stages are truly no nonsense linear missions, with the occasional hidden rooms in the background that are exactly like the arcade D&D counterparts.

There are 9 'stages' in the game, which obviously will be replayed multiple times with different 'quests' that lead to different bosses.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Heell » 04 Jul 2013 12:03

Heell

Unread postby movie » 19 Jul 2013 00:45

movie

Unread postby El Chaos » 23 Aug 2013 21:04

Atlus newsletter wrote:Patch Notes for Dragon's Crown

Dragon's Crown received some minor tweaks and fixes to both the PS3 and PS Vita versions this week to improve gameplay and stabilize network connectivity. We're sorry if this caused you any inconvenience to your bashing, hacking, torching, slamming, and stabbing during dungeon crawls! 

Patch Notes

[Bug Fixes]
  • Stabilized network connectivity during online gameplay.
[New Features]
  • Hidden items can now be uncovered by simply moving the finger cursor over their location.
  • The item hotkeys can now also be accessed by holding the L1 Button (PS3)/L Button (PSVita).
  • Dagger and Bomb items can now be thrown diagonally by pressing Up on the Left Stick + Triangle button.
  • An option to fix all items at once in your bags has been added to Morgan's item shop.
  • In the Options Menu, you can now select the area you wish to be matched in for online play.
[Feature modifications]
  • Arrow drops will increase according to how many Elf characters are in the party.
  • The visibility of inventory Runes while the player is near the bottom of the screen has been improved.
  • Other tuning and minor improvements to various gameplay elements were made.
El Chaos
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby El Chaos » 19 Sep 2013 03:19

Atlus newsletter wrote:Patch 1.02 Released! Patch Notes for Dragon's Crown

We love Dragon's Crown so much we had to add in new features and improvements so that your adventures in Hydeland can be even more enjoyable. We further improved network connectivity issues, so instead of breaking down into tears over connection problems, you can spend more time battling dragons, banishing demon kings, and looting treasure with your friends!

Patch Notes

[Bug Fixes]
  • Improved gameplay stability
[New Features]
  • Added an option to join random online games in the Labyrinth of Chaos to the Network Menu.
  • To enhance player character visibility, a triangular cursor has been added to the bottom of the screen.
  • Wizard: Charging MP when the MP is already at maximum will cause magic power to increase.
[Feature Modifications]
  • (PS3 version only) When playing offline multiplayer games, the story progression will now be saved for all characters.
  • If a network communication error occurs in online play, the game will now continue in the same stage rather than kicking the player back to town.
  • Amazon: A successful Parry raises Berserk level by 1.
  • Amazon: The Necksplitter attack can now be cancelled.
  • Various Skill effects of all character classes have been adjusted.
  • Other tuning and minor improvements to various gameplay elements were made.

We are always listening to feedback and want to make sure your Dragon's Crown experience is fun and broken-free. Any future updates will be announced here once the details have been confirmed for release.
El Chaos
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby El Chaos » 04 Oct 2013 04:09

Atlus newsletter wrote:Patch 1.03 Released! Patch Notes for Dragon's Crown

Everyone likes to improve at something right? Well, we decided to improve Dragon's Crown by further stabilizing online connectivity and tweaking gameplay features for your enjoyment. So cancel all of your plans for the day, boot up Dragon's Crown, and get your party ready to rock; Hydeland is in need of more adventuring! 

Patch Notes

[Bug Fixes]
  • Online network connection stability has been improved.
[New Features]
  • An option to hide the triangular character marker has been added. In the Game Options 2 menu, you can choose to have it displayed for selected characters/all characters/no characters.
  • An option to display damage values only for controlled characters has been added.
[Feature Modifications]
  • Amazon/Fighter: Equipment durability takes less damage when guarding.
  • Amazon: Balance adjustments have been made to the Berserk effect.
  • Other tuning and minor improvements to various gameplay elements

We are always listening to feedback and want to make sure your Dragon's Crown experience is fun and broken-free. Any future updates will be announced here once the details have been confirmed for release.
El Chaos
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby El Chaos » 15 Oct 2013 23:46

Atlus newsletter wrote:PS3 and PS Vita Adventurers Unite! Cross-Play is Now Live for Dragon's Crown

CROSS-PLAY IS FINALLY HERE! Click to Watch the New Trailer

IT'S HAPPENING! The Dragon's Crown Cross-Play patch is now live and ready to update. So put down the pitchforks over which platform is better, gather a new party of friends and continue your quest across Hydeland in equal platform harmony.

Go forth, adventurer!
El Chaos
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby El Chaos » 21 Dec 2013 15:04

Atlus newsletter wrote:It's Time to Take Off the Kid Gloves -- Dragon's Crown Gets Fifth Patch

dc_5th_patch.png
dc_5th_patch.png (380.5 KiB) Viewed 18860 times

If you've ever played a Vanillaware game before, you'll know that Inferno difficulty is not enough. With the latest patch to Dragon's Crown, there's a new Ultimate difficulty setting to test the very limits of the best players in the world. Your reward for this new difficulty mode? A raise in level cap from 99 to 255. "But," you'll say, "won't I just have to keep playing the same levels over and over?" That's why we added the Tower of Mirages! It has tens of thousands of levels for you to traverse. TENS. OF. THOUSANDS. The ink this message is written in is made from the tears of our QA testers who had to check them all. Full patch notes below!

[Bug Fixes]
  • Gameplay stability is improved.
[New Features]
  • Clearing the ninth layer in the Labyrinth of Chaos unlocks a new "Ultimate" difficulty level. This difficulty can be selected at the Temple.
  • When in Ultimate difficulty, a new randomly generated dungeon named the "Tower of Mirages" is added.
  • Ultimate difficulty raises the level cap from LV 99 to LV 255.
  • Item shortcuts can now be assigned and used separately by holding L1 and the Up directional button.
  • Damage values can now be displayed as a running total instead of per-hit.
  • To help increase player character visibility, characters can be shown with transparencies when they are on top of one another. This feature is available in the Options menu and can be toggled on or off.
  • Save files that have cleared Story mode can skip the first quests leading to the Talisman collection when creating a new character.
  • Guild Quests that have already been cleared may now be skipped in subsequent playthroughs.
[Feature Modifications]
  • Character class skills have received a number of adjustments.
  • NPC behavior has been adjusted.
  • Rules and effects regarding equipment, items, and skills in the Colosseum have been adjusted.
  • Other tuning and minor improvements to various gameplay elements have been made.

This is the fifth and final planned update to Dragon's Crown. We thank you for your support and hope that you will continue to enjoy this game for years to come!
El Chaos
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Dec 2013 15:17

Dragon's Crown patches are the gift that keeps on giving.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Jun 2014 22:41

Review is 80% done, and I would have finished it today but I stopped because I want to try and sleep early and get into a normal sleeping pattern. Here's the second paragraph:

I wrote:Dragon's Crown then. Its design is abysmal. It's really that bad. I don't think it is possible to exaggerate how bad it is. All things told, it's probably worse than that of "indie" clusterfuck Super Time Force, which I reviewed a couple days ago. How did I figure this out? Well, I performed the following thought experiment. I tried to imagine my reaction to Dragon's Crown if it had had Super Time Force's aesthetics, and my conclusion was that, in that case, I'd rather play Super Time Force lol. See how a good critic thinks? See how simply and beautifully logically my brain works, compared to all the other shitheads trying to review games today who can't even tell the difference between a player and his avatar?

Should be on the frontpage tomorrow or the day after. It's huge and crazy insightful and I am sure everyone will enjoy it and learn a thing or two, so look forward to it, please.

After that goes Brothers, and after that a bunch of cool reviews by other people, and then it's Videogame Art time again.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ExiledOne » 17 Sep 2017 16:00

DRAGON’S CROWN FOR PLAYSTATION 4 LEAKED
http://nichegamer.com/2017/09/14/dragon ... -4-leaked/

Still no announcement of a PC port though.
ExiledOne

Previous

Return to Games