default header

Games

TotalBiscuit

Moderator: JC Denton

TotalBiscuit

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Sep 2014 08:41

So this is the top "Steam Curator", with 184,000 followers compared to PC Gamer's paltry 62,000 in second place:

http://store.steampowered.com/curators/

How did he get so big? It's insane.

So I started scrolling past his recommendations, and he basically seems to like everything, which kind of clashes with his "Cynical Brit" tag lol. What's cynical about liking every single thing that comes out?

And as for the actual text of his reviews, I couldn't tell the difference between that and the games' official PR blurbs:

TotalBiscuit wrote:Super Time Force Ultra
"A single player co-op sidescroller in which you manipulate time to create an army of yourself. A shooter and yet also a dynamic puzzle."

That's supposed to be criticism?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Somali Pirate » 26 Sep 2014 12:36

He is a huge YouTube guy. Lots of what he does is his "What the fuck is" videos, where he will play a game for 20 minutes, while generally explaining what it's about. Often what he brings to these videos himself is not much of his own opinion at all, but rather what he could gather about those games from the net or Wikipedia I think.

Being how hugely successful he is, I wouldn't put it past him to get paid to put these non-descriptive "reviews" in his Curator list.
Somali Pirate

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Sep 2014 14:42

Goddamn! 3,000 extra followers in the past few hours alone! Who the fuck are all these people?

And Insomnia is still at 28 lol.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Sep 2014 14:44

OMG 1,8 million subscribers. He has his own country! I couldn't get that many if I went on YouTube naked and gave blowjobs to myself.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Some guy » 26 Sep 2014 15:27

PewDiePie (https://www.youtube.com/user/PewDiePie) has almost 31 million — and his videos are terrible...
Some guy

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Sep 2014 15:39

Faith-in-Humanity Status: Lost
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Hanged Man » 26 Sep 2014 16:36

TotalBiscuit is popular mostly because he's fucking everywhere: he's a StarCraft caster, he's friends with practically every other "gaming celebrity", he's a vidya journalist, he makes loads of videos about popular games and he has an opinion about everything that happens in the industry.

I used to watch his videos occasionally a couple years back, because I got fooled by his pretendo old-timer behaviour. Then Dark Souls came out on PC, and he went on a rant about how he doesn't want to make material about year-old games, because "everything has been said already about them". And soon after that he made a 2012 top 10 games list with Journey at the first place and I never watched him again.

Also apparently he has cancer now so we can't make fun of him.
Hanged Man

Return to Games