Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R (2012)

Games

[AC] [PS2] [VAR] Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival

Moderator: JC Denton

[AC] [PS2] [VAR] Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival

Unread postby El Chaos » 22 May 2015 23:50

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R will be released on Steam on May 26, including bonus soundtrack: http://store.steampowered.com/app/348550/

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45spJS4pZl4

Recommended system specs:

Processor: Intel Core i5 / i7
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 8800 GT or better / AMD Radeon HD3700 / nVidia GeForce GT 650 (Windows 8.1)
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 3 GB available space
Sound Card: Direct Sound
El Chaos
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 09 Mar 2017 22:41

I don't know if it's just me, or if GG in general (or the XX games) has stricter input requirements than other FTGs, but in the Steam version of +R I had trouble pulling off consistently even a fireball-type motion.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 10 Mar 2017 06:49

I had a similar problem and Exiled confirmed that inputs were stricter in +R. As a side note, quash did mention v-sync (which is on by default) adds 5 frames of input delay. I turned it off and the game felt more responsive to my inputs.
recoil

Unread postby ExiledOne » 10 Mar 2017 15:18

Yeah, I know what you guys mean. I've played most of the Guilty Gear games and I noticed this with the XX series. I couldn't pull off fireball-type inputs at first and later I had trouble with the more advanced special move inputs. The motions have to be really deliberate and precise. It takes some getting used to. Best thing to do is to slow down and take your time when inputting moves. You'd be surprised at how slow you can input a motion and your move will still come out.

I haven't played the X series, so I don't know if that's where it started. But Xrd definitely doesn't have it and neither did the original PlayStation game. I'd wager it's an XX thing.
ExiledOne

Return to Games