default header

Uberust

Live streaming, casting and recording

Moderator: JC Denton

Live streaming, casting and recording

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Sep 2017 01:23

We've already talked about how tough it would be to stream Rust in the same way we stream PA, let alone cast it lol.

I believe the best way to handle it would be for ALL of us to stream in our personal channels simultaneously (and the BEST player among us to the CULT channel). This would ensure that, as each of us dies in our permadeath-enabled version of the game, the viewer can switch to another CULT player who is still in the game, until the last one dies.

I know not all of us are capable of streaming at the moment, but I am saying that as many of us should stream as possible, simultaneously, when the events get properly under way. We just have to figure some way to present all our streams to the viewers so they can jump between them easily and quickly, as needed. I am guessing I could try making a special section of the new site with lots of windows, each for each player, streaming simultaneously like a row of security monitors.
Last edited by icycalm on 17 Dec 2017 12:52, edited 1 time in total.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Sep 2017 01:24

As for casting, I don't see how it could be done without some mod that switches the view to a top-down god's-eye view of the action, and effectively turns Rust into PA.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 17 Dec 2017 12:51

So streaming is obviously not going to work.

However, we should have recorded yesterday. I died ten minutes in, and would love to have a player's recording who lasted longer. I would not watch the whole thing, but I would skip around it for a bit to get an idea of where you built your base, what it looked like, what the final moments were like, etc., because all I have now are people's voices and screams in the Discord channel. And I mean, we have an entire week between wars to look at the footage and mull over it, so even if it ends up being five or ten hours, we should be able to find the good bits and draw each other's attention to them.

So next time, as many people as possible should record, and we upload the viewpoint of whoever lasts longer.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Uberust