default header

The Best Videogame Player In The World

Rules

Moderator: JC Denton

Rules

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Oct 2018 13:31

The rules will be in flux not only for the starting year, but for many years later, I am sure, as this hasn't been tried before and no one knows what the best way to set it up is. So this is a thread to propose and discuss current and potential rules.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Oct 2018 13:31

I will try to feature an entire new set of games every year, so that past contestants have no advantage over new entrants due to the time they've put in the past year's games. I want what matters to be how good you are in the GENRE, not in any particular game, so that obsessing over a single game won't be rewarded. If there is a way to set it up so that such obsession is punished instead, that would be ideal. I think sooner or later everyone will get an advantage when we happen to feature a game in which that person has invested a ton of time, but on the flip side, in the long run, we will feature many other games which that person hasn't played much if at all, precisely because he obsessed so much about the first game, and that's how the contest will punish him.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to The Best Videogame Player In The World