default header

Cult Citizen

Scheduling

Moderator: JC Denton

Scheduling

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Aug 2022 15:14

Cult War Journal #9: Star Citizens
https://www.patreon.com/posts/69887498

icycalm wrote:So I am setting this coming Saturday August 6 at 1 PM UTC as the official launch of The Cult's entry into the Star Citizen universe...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Aug 2022 20:38

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/sta ... 0880738308

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/sta ... 9952445443

I was wondering how these new events they just added to the game would go down, and I suspected that they would be instances that you could enter whenever you wanted, which would have been anti-immersive and disappointing. Instead I am ecstatic to see they're timed events, and now that I see the dates, we have precious little time to arrange to play them. For the Siege of Orison we have only two dates left, the 8th and the 10th, and for Jumptown 2.0 the 7th (which is tomorrow) and the 9th.

What worries me is that all our computers so far couldn't run the game smoothly, so I doubt we'll perform well. But... I don't care. I just want to be involved in this universe, so I'll do everything I can to try both events. I will set up my 3080 laptop asap, hopefully tomorrow, so maybe that will give me a reasonable fighting chance.

The events sound like a kind of PlanetSide experience, btw. I've seen people gripe that they are buggy, but remember this is an alpha. Some people even seem to run missions ferrying players back and forth to cities or hospitals or some shit. I've no idea how any of this works and I am dying to find out. Note that people have been waiting MONTHS for these events, so there may be no more events for months, and maybe these particular events will never be repeated.

So my goal is to play both events on their last available day, meaning Jumptown 2.0 Tuesday August 9 and Siege of Orison Wednesday August 10. Note that the events begin at 00:00 UTC and last 24 hours, so everyone should be able to find a time to play for an hour or two, but the point is whether we can arrange to all be together, or at least in a couple of groups. Moreover keep in mind the learning curve is steep and in all likelihood you'll be spending a couple hours AT LEAST just figuring out how the hell to get to the event. You can also lose equipment for good, or get fined for breaking laws, or shoot someone by mistake and acquire criminal status. There are repercussions to not being careful, this isn't an MMORPG!

So my goal is to set up my laptop asap, then play as much as I can on Tuesday AND Wednesday to experience these two events as fully as possible. If anyone wants to join me for either or both events, post in this thread with your availability window and we'll see what we can sort out. Don't post on Discord about scheduling. We'll be doing it in this thread.

To get the ball rolling, I'll say that I can start on both Tuesday and Wednesday at 1 PM UTC, though I am very flexible and could start much earlier or later if needed.

If no one is available midweek, no worries. You can skim my streams to get an idea of what happened. I suspect there will also be an official lore writeup after the events. I can't wait to get deep into all this shit. I do suspect however that in terms of moving the clan forward, the events will be a failure. We'll probably lose all our gear, and tons of money, etc. But... you gotta start somewhere, so I don't care.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Some guy » 06 Aug 2022 22:49

I can do 1 PM to 4 PM UTC on Tuesday and 7 PM UTC onwards on Wednesday.
Some guy

Unread postby ysignal » 07 Aug 2022 04:25

I can play from 11 AM to 5 PM Tuesday and 12 AM to 5 PM Wednesday.
ysignal

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Aug 2022 21:10

So here's what we're gonna do. Since on both days ysignal is available earlier than Rory, I will start with ysignal as soon as he's available, and we'll take our time finding everything about how to prepare for the day's mission. We'll figure out which weapons to buy and where, how to use them, how to travel to the mission site etc. So that when Rory arrives, we'll be good to go, because Rory doesn't have much time, so we have to use it efficiently.

So on Tuesday ysignal and I will meet at 11 AM, and we'll have two hours until Rory joins us at 1 PM to figure out everything.

On Wednesday ysignal and I will meet at 12 AM (which means NOON, not midnight), and we'll figure everything out and attempt the mission a few times without Rory, because Rory will be joining at 7 PM, meaning two hours after ysignal quits. Then when Rory arrives, I'll try the mission a few times with him too.

If there's any dead time during these sessions, we will use it to complete other tasks, like for example set up the organization, or take a look at what kind of starter missions we can try, maybe do some shopping for clothes and armor, etc.

If anyone else can play, just drop in at any time during these sessions, but first post here to tell us approximately when you'll be coming so we can plan ahead to do appropriate tasks.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Scheduling

Unread postby recoil » 07 Aug 2022 21:55

I can join in for Wednesday.
recoil

Unread postby recoil » 07 Aug 2022 22:24

I can start at 12 AM and should be able to play all day.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Aug 2022 22:26

Awesome, so on Wednesday we'll have 4 people overall, so we should be able to run a couple of normal missions on top of the event.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ysignal » 08 Aug 2022 01:32

I meant midnight on Wednesday morning, so we could start at the same time as Tuesday if you want, or even earlier.
ysignal

Unread postby ChevRage » 08 Aug 2022 13:03

I can start at 11 AM on Tuesday, and around 2:30-3:00 PM on Wednesday. As for how long I can play for, it's hard to say since I have no idea how long I'll need for my packing during the day. I guess for starters could go for 6 hours for Tuesday, and 4 hours for Wednesday, and if I feel like I have a bit more time, I'll play for a little more.
ChevRage

Unread postby ChevRage » 08 Aug 2022 13:43

Actually I can start earlier on Tuesday. Gotta make my character, so I'm not sure how long that will take.
ChevRage

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Aug 2022 14:16

I have to be online to approve your character and I won’t be online before the start time. However, since making a good character takes a while, you can start before the start time and then when you have something you like you pause there and wait for me to get online to approve him.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ChevRage » 08 Aug 2022 14:17

Sure, that sounds good to me.
ChevRage

Unread postby Jameson » 09 Aug 2022 11:10

I can join in on Wednesday at 12 AM.
Jameson

Unread postby icycalm » 09 Aug 2022 19:19

Awesome, it’ll be a big game tomorrow. Me, ysignal, Chev, recoil and Jameson to start with—so 5, the biggest simultaneous number yet—and then ysignal leaves and Rory comes in, so maybe still 5 if everyone stays in. I can’t wait.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Aug 2022 01:15

So some of us have been playing in smaller teams at random times these past few days, and making some progress (ysignal put in a TEN-hour session on Sunday I think it was, and was joined by recoil and Rory for some of it [ > ]), but we need to play bigger sessions too, so I want to see if I can set one up for this Saturday.

I can basically start at 1 PM UTC, and play for at least 5-10 hours. Probably even more if I've slept well enough.

Keep in mind that the Jumptown 2.0 event will be brought back for this weekend. This was the first event we tried to play and didn't manage to because apparently no one managed to get there due to various mishaps and glitches (I wasn't present for that session).

This Week in Star Citizen
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... ar-Citizen

Jake Bradley, Community Manager wrote:Also on Thursday, get ready for mayhem during another round of Jumptown! The Dynamic Event will kick off once again this Thursday at 3pm Pacific, and will run through Monday.

To know more about the event, which seems to be a mass PVP event (as opposed to the Siege of Orison PVE event that we've played—which however we turned to PVP by killing players and being hunted down for it), go to its official page:

Jumptown 2.0
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... umptown-20

Jake Bradley, Community Manager wrote:In 2019, the Star Citizen community discovered a lucrative drug lab on the surface of Crusader’s moon Yela. What followed was completely unplanned, and surprised everyone - including our development team.

Tens of thousands of players flocked to the outpost, with split motives in mind – eager outlaws and less-than-scrupulous organizations rushed to acquire and sell this newfound illicit treasure trove at any cost, while more lawful groups chose to lock down the station in a bid to prevent further criminal activity.

This clash resulted in a perpetual tug-of-war between far-flung factions and home-grown heroes over control of the outpost. You never knew what you’d find when approaching Jumptown, which only the most dedicated could locate, since it wasn’t easily pin-pointed on standard-issue maps.

These events were so profound, they ended up becoming official canon in Star Citizen’s lore – a prime example of player actions shaping the future of the ‘verse forever.

For a detailed journey through the events of the original Jumptown wars, check out the community-produced documentary by TheAstroPub below.

Originally released in Star Citizen Alpha 3.16, this dynamic event is inspired by the original Jumptown wars. Challenging you to weigh risk against reward like never before, you’ll battle it out in a familiar, yet entirely new experience.

Read on for more details about what to expect, and be sure to outfit your force for the impending mayhem.

It basically sounds like PLANETSIDE, but you're coming from SPACE with as many freakin' SHIPS as you can manage, and whatever freakin' TANKS and other VEHICLES your ships have inside them, and the play area extends forever in all directions!

The players even made a 44-minute DOCUMENTARY about the original event.

Jumptown Wars Documentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI6tx3Enx2M

TheAstroHistorian wrote:Full Documentary on the Jumptown Wars, a player event which made it into the lore of Star Citizen. Covering the origins of the war, the events of the war, and how it ended up being wrapped into the game story and lore of the Stanton System.

It looks like a History Channel documentary, and the channel is even called TheAstroHistorian. Whoever wants to become a lore expert could start with this documentary and let the rest of us know what it was about.

Cloud Imperium Games wrote:This Dynamic Event can be undertaken by either lawful or unlawful players.

So we'll have to choose our ALIGNMENT!!! Read the page for details, and we'll put it to a vote right before we fly out.

I don't expect us to accomplish anything with our generally slow rigs, crap equipment and near-complete ignorance of the game, but that said, we do have some more experience now than in the last event. We have some better armor and weapons, a couple of us know how to fly ships, sort of. Of course the previous event was PVE and this is PVP, so we're gonna get creamed. But we gots to try it I say! It would be smarter to just run some doable missions and conserve our cash, but no one ever accused us of choosing the smart option and we aren't about to start now!

And of course we'll also try some normal doable missions once we've failed at Jumptown a few times, so I do expect we'll make some progress overall.

So let me know who can play and when, and I'll try to set one or two general windows to suit everyone. Of course it would be ideal if we could all meet at the same time, but we'll work with whatever we can get.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ysignal » 24 Aug 2022 11:16

I can make the 1 PM Saturday slot.
ysignal

Unread postby Jameson » 25 Aug 2022 09:57

I can make the 1 PM slot too.
Jameson

Unread postby Some guy » 25 Aug 2022 10:03

1 PM works for me too.
Some guy

Unread postby SriK » 25 Aug 2022 18:11

I can start around 3 PM UTC and play for 5-6 hours.
SriK

Unread postby recoil » 25 Aug 2022 23:27

I can play at 1 PM for about 8 hours or more.
recoil

Jumptown 2.0

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Sep 2022 05:30

So we have another chance at Jumptown this weekend, and we're gonna get further for sure because of the buggy ysignal bought. Ideally, we should have both recoil and ysignal because they have the Avenger Titans that can carry the buggies. So I will try to find a day and time that suits them both, but if only one of them can make it, we'll make do. If neither can make it, I still plan to play most of the weekend. Lots of other stuff to do. Plus it's possible to find Jumptown empty if you just hide around and wait for a while. So we could play it like Splinter Cell if we lack the firepower to go in the front door.

I see three different start times. Saturday 1 PM UTC, Saturday 9 or 10 PM UTC, or Sunday 1 PM UTC. I can make all three. Let me know who can make what, and I'll see what I can set up. The more options you give me, the better.

Relevant links:

Jumptown 2.0
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... umptown-20

Dynamic Event Weekends
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm ... t-Weekends

Note:

Cloud Imperium wrote:Be sure to bring a Multi-Tool with a tractor-beam attachment.

That's how you pick up the packages and put them in the cargo hold.

You'll also need armor, weapons, ammo, and health items. If you can grab these before the start time, it would be best. If you can't, I'd rather you came unprepared than not come at all, so don't worry about it. Long-term though, we do want to get more and more organized so that we aren't wasting half the weekend running around shopping, so keep this in mind.

Finally, check out how awesomely they have set up the choice between the lawful and unlawful path for this mission. You have to have a crime rating to play the unlawful side! They force you to commit a crime first lol!

Cloud Imperium wrote:To take the unlawful path, you must have a CrimeStat of any level and accept the mission from Ruto. To do this you will need to have a non-negative affinity with the mission giver. Ruto knows how valuable this intel is, so he also asks a buy-in for the mission.

On this path, all contraband must be taken to Grim HEX to be sold off, regardless of where the mission is taking place. The unlawful path will provide a bonus to the price of each successfully delivered drug box.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ysignal » 02 Sep 2022 05:48

I can play at 1 PM Saturday and Sunday.
ysignal

Next

Return to Cult Citizen