default header

High Scores

[AC] [NG] [PC] [PS3] [SW] [WII] [PSP] [MOB] Shock Troopers

Moderator: JC Denton

[AC] [NG] [PC] [PS3] [SW] [WII] [PSP] [MOB] Shock Troopers

Unread postby recoil » 07 Jun 2018 09:11

There's a lot of information to convey especially if you played team battle and/or switched routes. Name, score, route, stage reached, team battle or lonely wolf, characters used and version played.

Code: Select all
1. recoil - 11,081,500 - Valley - ALL - Team Battle - Southern Cross, Milky, Big Mama - AC - Version B

st.jpg
Last edited by recoil on 07 Jun 2018 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
recoil

Unread postby recoil » 07 Jun 2018 09:43

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthrea ... ost3760288
BBH wrote:Version A
-The player's lifebar consists of 128 "points". (whenever you pickup a life-restoring item, the number of points that it adds is shown. The first-aid kits are worth +64 points)
-When a new credit is started, the lifebar does not start fully filled up at 128 points. In Lonly Wolf the lifebar starts at 112 points, and in Team Battle it starts at only 88 points.
-At the start of each level, it will show you each character's "rating" for the level. They will be given anywhere from 0-3 stars for the level. The higher the star amount, the faster that character will be able to move ON THAT STAGE ONLY. In addition to this, if a character is rated 2 stars a +8 life bonus will be added, and if they are rated 3 stars they will get a +16.
-You are given only one life. If you are playing in Team Battle, all three characters share that lifebar, so once it runs out it's game over.

Version B
-The player's lifebar consists of 64 points, which means you can only take half as much damage before dying.
-Lifebar starts at 100% in both Lonly Wolf and Team Battle modes.
-There is no display of the star rating inbetween stages, and no life-ups are given for characters that are rated 2 or 3 stars on the stage. However, THE STAR RATINGS ARE STILL THERE EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE NOT DISPLAYED TO THE PLAYER, so characters will still move at different speeds depending on the level.
-By default the game is setup to give you 3 lives in Lonly Wolf, and a 3-character team in Team Battle. This setting is changeable in the soft dips under "HERO" to be a number from 1-8 (Yes, this means that if you change it to 8 and select Team Battle, you will all have 8 characters on your team). The "HERO" setting is absent entirely on Version A.
-Also worth noting that in Team Battle if the game is finished after 1 or 2 of the characters die, those characters will not be present in the ending. In Version A all 3 characters will always be there (since they all share one lifebar, naturally).

I had a suspicion I was playing a different version. Two years ago I bought a copy of the game to play on my friend's Neo Geo cab and I'm sure it was version A. I was wondering why the game was easier. Well, it's another thing to specify on the leaderboard, lol. Updated the leaderboard to reflect this.
recoil

Return to High Scores