default header

Games

[360] Gears of War: Judgment

Moderator: JC Denton

[360] Gears of War: Judgment

Unread postby mothmanspirit » 20 Sep 2012 20:48

Collaboration between Epic and People Can Fly, the guys who made Painkiller and Bulletstorm.

Trailer.

gowj001.jpg
gowj002.jpg
gowj003.jpg
gowj004.jpg
gowj005.jpg
gowj006.jpg
gowj007.jpg
gowj008.jpg
gowj009.jpg
gowj010.jpg
gowj011.jpg
gowj012.jpg
mothmanspirit

Unread postby Texas » 06 Feb 2013 17:45

http://www.gamezone.com/products/gears- ... -goes-gold

There’s no doubt about it, EPIC Games has taken an unaccustomed path to marketing this time around with a Gears of War title. Gears of War: Judgment has received minimal press coverage for a blockbuster series, and for an undoubtedly top, first-party title. Nevertheless, the little we have seen has us ecstatic; especially when it comes to Judgment’s wide array of newly introduced multiplayer modes. And oh yea, an entire campaign in the shoes of someone who’s not Marcus Fenix.
I’m rambling at this point, though. Today, EPIC has announced that Gears of War: Judgment has went “gold,” AKA reached completion, via Twitter.
“Gears of War: Judgment has gone gold. Cheers!”

Gears of War: Judgment will hit store shelves on March 19 for Xbox 360. Pre-ordering the title from several outlets will grant you access to a multiplayer demo that’ll take place prior to the game’s launch. Oh, and your experience from that demo will transfer over to the full, unlocked experience on March 19.
Texas

Unread postby Evo » 07 Feb 2013 10:53

Guts of Gears Trailer

http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/en-AU/news/video/2013-02-guts-of-judgment

Lt. Baird provides an overview of the Gears of War Judgment campaign.
Evo

Unread postby dinopoke » 28 Feb 2013 06:20

http://epicgames.com/community/2013/02/ ... e-content/

The war for Sera ignites on March 19 with the highly anticipated release of “Gears of War: Judgment.”

The VIP Season Pass for “Judgment” will be available at launch for 1600 Microsoft points, providing players with a more than 20 percent discount across a broad range of content, including six multiplayer maps, two new modes and nine exclusive unlocks.

The VIP Season Pass is the only way you can score a permanent double XP boost as well as a cache of exclusive armor and weapon skins, and it is your only chance to get a jump on the competition with exclusive, early access to all Game Add-on multiplayer maps. With the VIP Season Pass you will get:

• Two upcoming Game Add-on Packs that include six multiplayer maps, two new modes, and new weapon and armor skins
  • Early access to Game Add-on multiplayer maps so you can be the first to play
  • A permanent double XP boost to accelerate your ascent through the ranks
  • Five exclusive weapon skins and four exclusive armor skins

http://www.maxim.com/gaming/maxim-s-gea ... s-revealed

You may have noticed we’re big fans of the Gears Of War series at Maxim. How could we not be? It’s an action-packed, alien-splatting frenzy of a game whose main weapon is a chainsaw-gun – call us old-fashioned, but that’s almost everything we like rolled into one package (Note to designers: If you want the “almost” removed from that sentence, please include hot wings in the next installment). That’s why we’re insanely excited to be sponsoring the new multiplayer map Haven in the Xbox 360 flagship title’s latest entry, Gears Of War: Judgment.

EXECUTION MODE
As well as the Haven map, we’re also deliriously happy about the brand new Maxim-sponsored Execution Mode. In Execution mode, the objective of each team is to kill all members of the enemy team before the time limit runs out. The catch? Unless hit with a one-shot kill weapon like the Booshka, players go into a "Down But Not Out" state and will revive at the end of the bleed-out timer instead of dying. To finish the job, perform an Execution on a downed enemy. This is the ultimate game mode for anyone who’s a fan of all those bone-snapping, head-stomping, Lancer-eviscerating coup de grâce moments (in other words, everybody).

The new multiplayer map Haven as well as Execution Mode will be available as a free download on Xbox LIVE starting April 2nd.

news0225_haven_article1.jpg
news0225_haven_article1.jpg (59.61 KiB) Viewed 13569 times

news0225_haven_article2.jpg
news0225_haven_article2.jpg (46.54 KiB) Viewed 13569 times

news0225_haven_article3.jpg
news0225_haven_article3.jpg (65.32 KiB) Viewed 13569 times
dinopoke

Unread postby alastair » 03 Mar 2013 04:02

Writing the Warriors of Gears of War: Judgment: http://youtu.be/fXNCVecpfiw
alastair

Unread postby Ununpentium » 08 Mar 2013 00:11

Ununpentium

Unread postby dinopoke » 15 Mar 2013 07:39

dinopoke

Unread postby Turnus » 23 Apr 2013 20:49

Adrian Chmielarz, founder of People Can Fly, shared some thoughts on the game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... le-can-fly

Adrian Chmielarz wrote:I definitely didn't want the player to get bonuses for performing heroic - for performing actions that are actually really stupid on the battlefield. Because finishing an enemy that you can just spend one bullet on him and he's done, or doing this elaborate whatever when bullets are still firing, that's just no to me.

I wouldn't have any headshot bonuses counting towards the three-star ratings; the executions wouldn't count towards the rating; and all these things that are in a really weird way Bulletstormy - I wouldn't want Bulletstorm in Gears. It was supposed to be, in my vision, a really dark fight for survival.

The reward for the headshot was supposed to be intrinsic not extrinsic. The reward was supposed to be, because the ammo was scarce, OK I only used one bullet instead of three. That was your reward in my version.
Turnus

Return to Games