Moderator: JC Denton

[PS3] [360] Fuse

Unread postby NeoKubrick » 29 Jan 2013 13:03

FUSE_Enforcer.jpg

FUSE_Group_01.jpg

FUSE_Group_04.jpg

FUSE_Group_06.jpg

http://www.insomniacgames.com/games/fuse
What happens when humans gain access to powerful alien technology they were never meant to have? When a volatile energy source called Fuse falls into the wrong hands, the CIA calls in an elite contact team to retrieve it: Overstrike 9. Join up to three friends in team-based co-op play as you take down the rogue paramilitary corporation behind the theft. Use lethal teamwork, coordinate devastating attacks, and provide cover for one another with fringe-tech weapons and gadgets. The unique LEAP feature lets you instantly shift from agent to agent during combat, allowing you to take advantage of each one’s special arsenal. You’ll need your teammates and their firepower to stop a global arms race from spinning out of control.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WofEVEcv6w8
NeoKubrick

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jan 2013 18:42

I've been watching this closely for months, and it's fairly clear the developers played Lost Planet 2 and decided to make something similar. It's not just that it's clearly been designed to be played in the 4-player co-op mode (boo to the single-player's mode character-switching system) -- even little details like the shield having the exact same shape as LP2's (though it's much bigger), and the fight with the mecha that's so prominent in all the videos are dead giveaways. The improvements they are aiming for are good too: 4 characters with distinct abilities and personalities (as opposed to LP2's carbon-copies), and a plot that's at least aiming to make some fucking sense and be more atmospheric than LP2's mind-bewildering babble. Too bad the characters do not seem anywhere near as cool as, say, Binary Domain's -- neither in their design, nor in their personalities. Now THAT'S a game that could have used 4-player co-op -- and the same goes for the environments. But it's still big and flashy, and it's still 4-player, and Insomniac can do decent action sequences, at least, if my experience with the first Resistance is any indicator. And the action does look intense from the trailer. Striking explosions too. I am in fact about as hyped as I can be about this game, to the point where I'd go as far as to pre-order it if the rest of the LP2 team wants to join me -- and I've never pre-ordered a game (or anything else really) in my life! On the other hand, I wouldn't want anyone to be stretching their budget to play this on day 1, especially when there are so many other games we could be playing while waiting for this one's price to go down.

And then there's the issue of what system to get it for. This is Insomniac's first 360 title, so there's a good chance the PS3 version will be superior. Does everyone else have PS3s? I am looking forward to some tech comparisons of the versions by one of the usual sites that do this sort of thing. I am also quite bummed there's no PC version.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby dinopoke » 02 Feb 2013 11:17

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/stat ... 1161868288

The news is true, Fuse is now coming in Q2 (Apr-Jun). It's not a big delay from March, and its more polish time for us to make a better game
dinopoke

Unread postby Joshua » 14 Feb 2013 19:44

New preview: http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/14/fuse-is ... ake-sense/

After revisiting Fuse last month, I’m slowly beginning to understand its appeal. Most of this new-found enthusiasm comes from Echelon mode and yes, it’s another take on ‘Horde’. What really rattles my cage is that so many studios seem to be taking a half-assed approach to survival modes, as if they’ve been knocked together in a lunch hour. It simply doesn’t fly.

But Echelon feels like a proper attempt at shaking up the format. It’s still a round-based survival game contained on a single map, but rather than gunning down waves of enemies until your fingers bleed, Fuse hurls a barrage of quick-fire objectives at the team. It’s like a hybrid of Wario Ware and Gears of War’s Horde, if such a notion can be conceived.

It works too, turning what could have been a faceless co-op mode into something that feels exciting, engaging and utterly insane.

New screens:

Fuse-6.gif

Fuse-11.jpg

Fuse-21.jpg

Fuse-31.jpg

Fuse-41.gif

Fuse-51.gif
Joshua

Unread postby Heell » 02 Mar 2013 07:52

Heell

Unread postby Ryusenshi » 24 Mar 2013 13:58

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2013/03/fuse-releases-on-may-28-in-north.html

There is now a release date.

1364069426-fuse.jpg

All Gemes Beta wrote:Fuse releases on May 28 in North America, May 31 in Europe

EA and Insomniac Games Unleash the Power of Lethal Teamwork with Fuse on May 28

A new kind of arms race is about to begin. Today, Electronic Arts and Insomniac Games announced that the four-person co-op action shooter — Fuse — will launch on May 28 in North America and on May 31 in Europe. Fuse thrusts players into the roles of four elite, covert agents — Dalton Brooks, Izzy Sinclair, Jacob Kimble and Naya Deveraux — each with their own Xenotech weapon and set of unique skills used to fight to protect mankind from a deadly alien energy source known as Fuse. Developed by the critically-acclaimed independent studio, Insomniac Games, Fuse will mark the company's first multiplatform release when it becomes available for PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system this spring.

"Insomniac Games is known for delivering best-in-class weaponry that breaks the mold of traditional video games — and Fuse is no different," said Ted Price, CEO and Founder of Insomniac Games. "These Xenotech weapons further the innovation players will find in this unique, action co-op shooter. We can't wait to bring Fuse, our first multi-platform game, to gamers worldwide this May."

Players who pre-order Fuse from select retailers will be able to unlock special armor and weapon customization for each of the game's four elite agents. These weapons can be used to bolster their characters' respective arsenals through increased damage on all one-handed weapons.

Pre-order bonuses

• Four Hyperion Prototype Agent Armor Skins — Upgrade your agents' look with four special, state-of-the-art armor skins discovered inside the top-secret Hyperion Base

• Four Hyperion Prototype Weapon Skins — Customize your Fuse weapons with four skins based on each of the original prototypes developed inside Hyperion Base

• Quickdraw Team Perk — Increase your damage with this team perk adding powerful Fuse elements to all one-handed weapons for all four characters in your squad
Ryusenshi

Unread postby mothmanspirit » 04 Apr 2013 03:23

http://www.twitch.tv/insomniacgames/b/386179377

Lots of footage of the game with developer commentary.
mothmanspirit

Unread postby ksevcov » 15 Apr 2013 05:45

http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/15/fuse-de ... elon-mode/

Insomniac Games describes Fuse’s Echelon mode as a “brutal” challenge designed to test even hardened gamers. The wave-based co-op challenge has been shown at various events, but this is our first proper look at it for those at home.

The video below is an archived version of a livestream event held late last week; join the Insomniac crew as they talk through the mode and also show off a new map.

http://www.twitch.tv/insomniacgames/b/389175677
ksevcov

Unread postby bradinf » 01 May 2013 19:22

bradinf

Return to Games