Games

[3DS] [360] [PS3] [WIIU] [PC] Biohazard: Revelations

Moderator: JC Denton

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Dec 2011 16:28

Maybe -- if you are blind.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Tain » 29 Jan 2013 15:29

This is coming to 360, PS3, Wii U, and PC.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/22/re ... es-and-pc/

Resident Evil: Revelations is coming to PC, Wii U, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, Capcom have confirmed. The game will be available at retail on May 21st in North America and May 24th in Europe. On those same dates, it will also be available as a download for PS3 and PC, with Wii U and Xbox versions to follow.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM2eTNws1D0
Tain

Unread postby Joshua » 14 Feb 2013 20:01

New trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_AZsACIK_E

Screens of the new version:

Resident-Evil-Revelations-1.jpg

Resident-Evil-Revelations-2.jpg

Resident-Evil-Revelations-3.jpg

Resident-Evil-Revelations-4.jpg

Resident-Evil-Revelations-5.jpg

Resident-Evil-Revelations-6.jpg

Resident-Evil-Revelations-7.jpg

Resident-Evil-Revelations-8.jpg
Joshua

Unread postby movie » 04 Mar 2013 00:56

30 minutes of the 360 version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJyROwgEIM4
movie

Unread postby ingolfr » 04 Mar 2013 11:46

Will Capcom ever be able to recapture the magic of Resident Evil 4 or is the series just dead at this point?

I think one of the most disappointing parts of this game was the boring enemies, fighting mutant fish people didn't do it for me. The lack of actual zombies or even ganados was a curious choice. From that 360 video it seems like they haven't updated the enemy count either which was another weak spot for a majority of the game.
ingolfr

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Mar 2013 14:44

I've been hearing a lot of negative sentiments against the series since 5, but haven't seen a shred of criticism yet, while all the games look pretty damn good to me via trailers, etc. 6 for example looks and sounds awesome, so I am really hoping everyone's simply jumping on the RE-hate bandwagon because apparently it's the cool place to be right now for some reason.

As for this particular title, you were a fool if you were expecting anything far above plain decency for a handheld-exclusive-developed installment.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Mar 2013 14:50

Like with Diablo 3: a perfectly legitimate solid game that everyone's "hating" because they think it makes them look cool. (Quotation marks because they are not really hating it, they are just pretending to.)

That's what it looks to me like what's happening, at any rate, without having tried the games yet.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Mar 2013 15:01

On top of the fact that this comment is utterly misguided:

ingolfr wrote:Will Capcom ever be able to recapture the magic of Resident Evil 4 or is the series just dead at this point?

It's like seeing the latest World of WarCraft expansion and saying:

"Will Blizzard ever be able to recapture the magic of World of WarCraft or is the WarCraft series just dead at this point?"

The WarCraft series was dead the moment WoW came out. It just tells people you know jack shit about the "series" since WarCraft and World of WarCraft are two entirely different series, and the original one has been dead for ages now.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Mar 2013 15:06

Dont't look at the colors, look at the mechanics. That's how you figure out if something belongs to a series or not. Biohazard is an amazing and unique action-adventure series; Biohazard 4 is just another TPS.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Mar 2013 15:22

You can tell by how quickly everyone forgot the original games and unreservedly embraced 4, which signaled their death, that they never truly appreciated them in the first place. I'll be talking about this in 4's review, and possibly even in 1's.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ingolfr » 04 Mar 2013 16:01

From what I remember of 5 nothing matched the experience of playing the shanty town and evading hoards of ganados, barricading houses and whatnot. The focus was more on taking on the masses of enemies directly rather than surviving them, they felt like less of a threat. Also there weren't really any confrontations that stood out like facing the chainsaw guy or El Gigante. It wasn't horrible but it felt mediocre in comparison to 4. I haven't played 5 but like you I've heard nothing but bad things.
ingolfr

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Mar 2013 17:31

See, my theory continues to be validated. You have absolutely nothing even remotely negative to say about 5, and yet just a couple of posts above you were slagging it off for having "killed" the "series". Saying "nothing matched the experience of playing the shanty town and evading hoards of ganados" says nothing. Nothing in Gears of War matched the experience of trying to hold a fortified position in Halo co-op in the middle of a wide-open area either, yet the game was still Videogame Art. You simply appear to not have the faintest clue of how to provide solid criticism (you barely even seem to remember playing 5!), and it is for this reason that it's so hard for me to give your "views" any credence. And the quotation marks in "views" are for a good reason: because it doesn't seem to me that these views are your own, since when called out on them they prove to be a lot of hot air.

I am not saying that 5 or 6 or this game may not have their problems, but even Halo and Gears of War had problems -- and pretty serious ones at that too! All I am saying is that repeating what you've read in blogs and forums, written by people who were simply repeating what other people had written in blogs and forums before them, while being utterly unable to provide any shred of even remotely convincing criticism that can stand on its own, is "poisoning the discourse with nonsense", as Matthew Emirzian put it in another place.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Mar 2013 17:41

Not even nonsense, really -- just a muted kind of vague dislike, backed up by no justification whatsoever. And coming, moreover, from someone so aesthetically dense that he actually thinks Biohazard 4 was a Biohazard game, which means his aesthetic judgements are worth jack-shit. But this vague dislike is multiplied by the amount of the tens of thousands of people on the internet who share it, and by the combined output of their posts the internet is flooded with this bullshit, until even people of intellect come away from a quick online browse with the impression that the goddamn game is worse than Superman 64.

I should turn all this into an article. It has become a real phenomenon of the artform's landscape lately: think DmC, etc. I'll call it "All Aboard the Hate Train!"
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Mar 2013 17:50

Here's another example of your brand of criticism:

"Nothing in Civilization II matched the experience of flying a spacecraft in the middle of a space opera in Wing Commander. Therefore, Civilization II killed the Wing Commander series."

I am exaggerating of course, but that's the only way to give you a faint glimmer of an idea of what I saw when I read your post. Your attempt at criticism is just laughable -- which is not to say that the sentiments expressed in it are necessarily also laughable, but given how hard of a time you are having expressing them in any remotely convincing manner, it certainly doesn't bode well for them.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Mar 2013 17:55

Basically, in order to write this article I'll have to have played at least Bio 5, 6, and DmC, which are three of the most prominent games in which the hate train effect is on full display. If they are all at least 3-star games, my point will have been amply proved. Solid, decent games which have been given the impression of being trainwrecks by the sheer number of dense morons on the internet who play nothing and simply sit around all day regurgitating each other's stupid opinions and pseudo-opinions on as many internet pages as possible.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Mar 2013 18:03

But let's for a moment say that Biohazard 4 was a true Biohazard game. Even then, and if 5 and 6 are merely 3-star games (because it seems unbelievable to me that they are 2-star games, when even fucking 50 Cent: BotS is a 3-star game), consider how fucking ABSURD it is to claim that two 3-star games "killed" a series. That the series is now "DEAD" because two sequels in a row where merely decent instead of omg life-changingly awesome emotional experiences.

Which again goes to show that you are not so much speaking but merely reverberating the cacophony of negativity that you have filled your brain with by reading the rest of the internet.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Mar 2013 18:06

And if all of them turn out to be 4-star games (and 6 and DmC could very well turn out to be even 5-star...), it will be absolutely hilarious. Diablo 3 already turned out to be a 4-star game, and going by the internet hivemind you'd have thought it was worse than an "indie" game.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Mar 2013 18:07

Another candidate would be Aliens: Colonial Marines. Here too I am having a hard time believing all the negativity is justified.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ksevcov » 05 Mar 2013 05:59

http://gematsu.com/2013/03/resident-evi ... culty-mode

The console and PC versions of Resident Evil: Revelations will include a brand new “extreme difficulty” mode called Infernal Mode, Capcom has announced.

According to the publisher, not only is Infernal Mode more challenging than your standard gameplay modes, but it also “remixes” enemy and item placement.

A gameplay video of the mode was released and is available below. It shows a brand new enemy called the Wall Blister, a mutated creature borne from the T-Abyss virus.

Infernal Mode video: http://youtu.be/qCRf922JvM0
ksevcov

Unread postby movie » 20 Mar 2013 00:41

movie

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Mar 2013 18:08

I like the controller's screen being used for inventory/HUD etc. Then they could go ahead and have zero HUD elements on the real screen.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games