[PS4] [PSV] Toaru Majutsu no Denno Senki Virtual-On

Moderator: JC Denton

[PS4] [PSV] Toaru Majutsu no Denno Senki Virtual-On

Unread postby recoil » 05 Apr 2017 05:18

http://virtual-on.sega.jp/

rbimg_toaru-vo.jpg

Announcement Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBJLRXQlVxE

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/13/ce ... 4-ps-vita/

Sato wrote:A Certain Magical Index and Cyber Troopers Virtual-On had a crossover light novel back in May 2016 and Sega announced that the collaboration is getting a PS4 and PS Vita title in 2018.

According to Sega, the crossover title with Dengeki Bunko will bring a dramatic story from the light novel series and mix it with the high-speed battles you can expect from Cyber Troopers Virtual-On.

As for the setting, it takes place in the world of A Certain Magical Index where you’ll get to see familiar characters pilot the “Virtuaroids” mechas as part of a sport. We don’t have any info as far as gameplay goes, but Sega is calling it a high-speed action game and they’re looking to put in the experience gained from working on past Virtual-On games to shape up its action.

Mecha designer Hajime Katoki will bring the designs while its story is being handled by Kazuma Kamachi, author of A Certain Magical Index. It should also be noted that this game will make it the first Virtual-On title in 15 years.

A Certain Magical Virtual-On is expected to launch in Japan in 2018 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.
Last edited by recoil on 05 Apr 2017 05:39, edited 2 times in total.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Apr 2017 05:28

I think the "Bacharon" in the title should be changed to "Virtual On", like how we transliterate "Buresu obu za Wairudo" or whatever to "Breath of the Wild". If the Japanese word is a rendition of an English word, we use the English one in the transliteration scheme that we have adopted for Insomnia. There are other schemes used elsewhere (in Wikipedia for example), but this is the one we use here because the other ones look kinda stupid.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Apr 2017 05:32

After watching the trailer, I would say the title should be "Toaru Majutsu no Virtual On", because that's precisely what the voice says at the end. "Denno Senki" is the kanji pronunciation of "Bacharon", and the parenthesis after the kanji tells you that you should use the kana pronunciation, i.e. "Bacharon", i.e., in our transliteration scheme, Virtual On.

I could be wrong about some or all of this, but I doubt it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Apr 2017 05:38

Let's go with Toaru Majutsu no Denno Senki Virtual-On for now. (I forgot the dash in the previous posts.)
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 23 Aug 2017 16:48

recoil

Return to News