default header

The shitty behavior thread

Moderator: JC Denton

The shitty behavior thread

Unread postby icycalm » 31 Jul 2017 04:40

To infernovia.

I don't have any major complaints about how you play with us anymore, but it was still a dick move to abandon us before the game was over. No one else has ever done that, and I find it hard to believe that you had some business to attend to that couldn't have waited another few minutes. Perhaps you did, but I am fairly sure you just couldn't be bothered to keep microing when you knew you had lost the battle. And hey, usually I can't be bothered either, but this is a TEAM game, and we played as a TEAM, so unless the ENTIRE TEAM decides to concede, it is a dick move to abandon them and say "hey guys I gotta go". This isn't Rust where we play for an entire day and people pop in and out. You seem to be perpetually on another wavelength from everyone else, and it bothers me man. It bothers me to the point where I was telling Robo that I would rather not play with you again. At least not PA.

At least I have way fewer complaints about your behavior in PA now than I did in the past, so you must be improving. It's up to you if you want to keep doing that, or if you've had enough and would rather not play this game with us again. And I say "us" because, if you can't play with me, you can't play with anyone, which is why I am making this thread public: so everyone will be aware of the problem, and report it to me if it happens again when I am not playing. Your behavior is unacceptable and creates a bad team spirit and I would not see it inflicted on anyone else, regardless of what their view is on the subject (which will probably be far less severe than mine, which is why I am the one running the clan and not them).

So, once again, the problem is out in the open, and it's up to you to decide what to do about it. For my part, if you can't improve on this score, and become a proper team player who respects his teammates, I don't want to play with you again -- certainly not PA, and as for other games, perhaps I can keep playing them with you, but I will remain wary.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 31 Jul 2017 04:44

It wasn't even one of those huge games that lag and go for hours and last longer than we had expected. In that case, it would have been acceptable for someone to quit. But we are talking about a game which you yourself asked to play (you asked Robo), and which lasted far less than we would have expected, because we got wiped out early. So there is no way in hell you had something planned. You just abandoned us plain and simple because you couldn't be arsed to stay in a losing game for another 5 minutes. Absolutely horrible behavior.

Right now I just don't want to play with you ever again. What incredibly shitty behavior. Unbelievable stuff.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 31 Jul 2017 04:59

I don't see how it can work with you in this group. You consistently fail to measure up to some basic levels of decency in personal and group interaction. I hate losing a player, and that's why I've reached out to you to come back so many times, but I hate even more having to deal with shitty behavior, so I will just have to accept that I will lose one player. I wish you the best anyway, but I can't deal with this crap anymore.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby infernovia » 31 Jul 2017 12:21

I really do apologize for that, but my parents kept calling me and it seemed to be really important. I didn't know how long it would take, so I asked to leave.

Your criticism here is accurate, and I feel terrible about it. I will work something out so this isn't a problem in the future, outside of actual emergencies.
infernovia

Unread postby icycalm » 31 Jul 2017 19:12

On the other hand...

How exactly did "your parents" kept calling you?

And how on earth did they do so at precisely the point where the fight became hopeless? Like, not a second earlier, nor a second later?

Your parents have great timing, at least.

You are still my least favorite PA teammate. I might even prefer playing 1v1 than having to tolerate this shit, and the bullshit you add on top after it to justify it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 31 Jul 2017 19:19

My conclusion, after all this time interacting with you, is that you are just a jerk who can't be bothered to think of other people. All your apologies are meaningless to me when your brain obviously naturally prefers to act in a way that doesn't take into account anyone else's feelings. If everyone in the clan was like you I wouldn't have a clan.

Take a couple months' break from the Discord, and then we'll see how we both feel at that point. Right now I never want to talk to you again, much less play games together. It's simply incredible that you are still trying to bullshit me in this thread while "apologizing".
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Online