default header

Cosmic War

Clan colors & the lobby bug

Moderator: JC Denton

Clan colors & the lobby bug

Unread postby recoil » 14 Sep 2017 20:49

As stated by icy in our original thread in the Uber forum, each clan has to pick one color and stick with it for all Insomnia events, forever. So in this OP I will keep track of all the colors, in the order in which they were chosen:

The Cult: Yellow
The Realm: Orange
Black Sun Empire: Light purple
Team Burning: Black
Pixel Soldiers: Green
Team eXodus: Pink
Vereenigde Oostindische Compagnie: Light blue
The Nut Crackers: Deep purple

I will make a color chart at some point and post it here.

As for the lobby bug that has frustrated our efforts to get all the clans to use their correct colors in every game, here is the best procedure we have found to avoid that:

1. icy invites each clan leader into the server
2. The leaders take their spots at the top of their clan's lobby position, AND DO NOT TOUCH THE COLOR THAT THE GAME GAVE THEM BY DEFAULT
3. The leaders invite their players into the server, and wait until all of them have come in and taken their positions and chosen their commanders
4. Once their clan is finalized in the lobby, the leaders pick their correct colors
5. icy launches the game

Please follow this procedure from now, and hopefully we won't have any more problems with the lobby bug.

All new clans that join us have to post in this thread and pick a color that hasn't been picked yet. You cannot take a color even from a clan which has stopped participating. An inactive clan's color will become available only once we have reached the 32-color limit, and a new clan wants to come in and there's no color left for them (i.e. the 33rd clan, and every clan after it). At that point, each new clan will get the color of the clan that has been inactive for the longest time, in descending order. For example, Team eXodus hasn't played since CW2, so if we reach the 33rd clan and eXodus hasn't returned, the 33rd clan will have to take eXodus's pink color, and if eXodus returns at some point after that, they will have to take a color from another inactive clan in a similar manner.

Or maybe we'll just make a mod to add more colors. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
recoil

Unread postby Robomoo » 15 Sep 2017 20:25

Don't bother with the color chart, I'll make it.
Robomoo

Unread postby icycalm » 17 Sep 2017 22:47

All clans got their correct colors yesterday except us, and the reason for this is because initially I was in the lobby as a player, because I was hoping someone else would do the cast, and when I realized no one was going to I hopped to the spec slot, and screwed us up. What I should have done is asked recoil or someone else to start the procedure all over for us, but I didn't, and we got the wrong color. But we are learning, and I am hoping this Saturday everyone will finally get their correct colors.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby danjiro » 18 Sep 2017 19:11

Now that you have leaderboards in the lobby sidebar, maybe you could somehow display the clan colors there too?
danjiro

Unread postby Robomoo » 19 Sep 2017 12:12

The color chart is finished.

Color chart.png
Robomoo

Unread postby Robomoo » 24 Sep 2017 20:25

Updated the color chart following Clan Wars #8 with the two new clans that joined: APAA and NBT.

clan-color-chart.png
Robomoo

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Sep 2017 13:28

mikey told us he'll probably fix the lobby colors bug at some point. That should save us a good 10-15 minutes every Saturday for Clan Wars, especially when more clans join.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Oct 2017 10:39

Elite says he found a good way to solve the color problem:

Elite Sardaukar
i can tell if my colour is bugged in the lobby
its why our colour is always good :smiley:

icycalm
How can you tell?

Elite Sardaukar
it will still show the selected colour as selectable
changing it back and forward fixes it from my experience

icycalm
Good tip
I will tell the others

Elite Sardaukar
if on your screen it shows someone else with your colour its probs broken also
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby danjiro » 11 Oct 2017 01:02

The CW10 lobby and comm screen:

BSE-colors-1.png

BSE-colors-2.png

It's interesting that BSE picked the correct color in the lobby, and it showed up correctly in the comm screen, but not in the game. So whatever the bug is, it doesn't affect the comm screen.
danjiro

Unread postby Robomoo » 15 Oct 2017 22:37

New color chart as of Clan Wars #11:

color chart.png
Robomoo

Unread postby Robomoo » 22 Nov 2017 23:33

Added Freaks this time.

Color chart.png
Robomoo

Return to Cosmic War