default header

Cosmic War

Clan League Season 1

Moderator: JC Denton

Clan League Season 1

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Sep 2017 12:43

After the BSE v CULT games today, the only games left to play for Season 1 will be the BRN v CULT ones, unless another clan joins the League. We are talking to NW, but it's not certain that they will join. We have also talked to many other clans, and here is a synopsis of how the talks have been going:

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/what ... st-1143591

Robomoo wrote:On the subject of clans joining, we've been in talks with NW and Promethean for weeks, for almost two months in fact, and they are both very positive about joining, but have issues with arranging things between their players. However, we do expect them to join eventually, perhaps even this week in the League for NW. As for other clans, we have had problems with Exodus and TNC (the latter of which formed specifically in order to take part in our events), both of which participated once, but they are both welcome back as long as they adhere to our rules, which we will be posting soon on cosmicwar.net (belatedly, we know, and we apologize for it). VOC is also welcome back anytime, we've had no problems with them at all. And icy has been inviting unknown clans in the MP lobby left and right, so we eventually expect to see some action from that quarter too. If any clans/players have any issues/grievances about our events, I suggest they talk to Elite (known as sardaukar666 in this forum), who is good at sorting stuff out.

And then there's the original VoW (which still has some members, and icy has talked to them too), MBC, perhaps the RLM, which has already played in two Wars, will rise again. Even PAG, in the form of Clopse, has expressed interest. The PA scene has many clans, they just need time to realize they have events specifically tailored for them now being held on a weekly basis, and arrange to come back to the game in force and start playing. We are confident that 6 months from now we'll have a dozen clans or more participating on a regular basis. The question, at least for the Wars, is whether the server will be able to handle them, but we are already working on solutions for that, and we'll have articles about it soon.

Since that post was made, I approached several Exodus, TNC and VOC people and let them know that we want them back, and I am also telling people that, in the interests of maximizing clan participation, we will be allowing 2v2s as well from now on. The idea is to get the clans to start playing, even if only 2v2s, so that people can see activity and be compelled to join, and then the clans will grow in due time. It's better to play something than nothing, after all.

So, talk to clans and talk to me and post in this thread if you are interested in seeing the League grow. If no new clan joins in the next couple of weeks, we will play our last games of BRN v CULT (hopefully 6v6s, to end the season with a bang), and declare the end of Season 1, and, after a couple weeks' break, the start of Season 2.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Sep 2017 12:53

Someone should try getting in touch with Clopse, because it sounds like he is interested in joining. He has already said, in a thread in the Uber forum, that he might be interested, and now he is looking to test 3v3 and 4v4 performance on custom servers in the typical PAG single-planet home system: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/test ... st-1143731

I can't send PMs in the Uber forum anymore, and I don't have him on Discord, so I can't reach out to him directly.

And maybe Promethean would be interested in 2v2s until they get more of their members back?

I would rather not end Season 1 with only four clans, so I am hoping at least one more clan appears soon and joins.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cosmic War