default header

Cosmic War

Clan Wars #11: October 14, 15:00 UTC

Moderator: JC Denton

Clan Wars #11: October 14, 15:00 UTC

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Oct 2017 15:01

Nosebreaker suggested we use the same system as last week, so that's high praise for Star's system design skills. I think if we do this, we should at least make some changes to it, to keep things fresh.

On the other hand, I can also easily create a brand-new system in the same spirit.

Or, perhaps someone has some cool ideas for a system? If so, post them here. Preferably, post a system, and I'll take a look at it.

Otherwise, I will make a brand-new system similar to Star's, IF I have the time, and if I don't have the time I will just make a couple of changes to her system, and we will play on that.

APAA has been recruiting like crazy this past week, for a total of perhaps ten players by now, if I am not mistaken, so if they field a big team, and pXs plays too, the game could turn out very differently from last week even if it's in the same system.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 11 Oct 2017 01:11

I made a system. Check it out and let me know what you think.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 63/sos.pas

It consists of five metal-scarce planets, two starting planets and three other planets to fight for: a tree-rich planet that can be launched with a single Halley, a metal planet, and a water planet. It's a huge system that should allow plenty of time to hash out alliances and plot out your end game.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Oct 2017 01:34

Things I like:

1. The ice/water starting planet: it's gorgeous
2. The tree-rich single-thruster planet: it's a great idea

Things I don't like:

1. The second water planet. Two water planets are too much
2. The system has too much land surface. It is "huge" as you say, which means lots of lag

I think that if we eliminated the second water planet, we would have a very interesting system ready to play on Saturday.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Oct 2017 01:35

Also, you could add some more metal to the metal planet. Perhaps even a lot more, since this system lacks a gas giant.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 11 Oct 2017 01:49

recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Oct 2017 01:51

If anyone playtests it, post your results and thoughts here.

Right now I am thinking perhaps the smashable planet should need a couple more thrusters, so that it doesn't get thrown too quickly.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Oct 2017 02:12

I made some more changes: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... sos_v3.pas

-Increased the lava planet's radius from 700 to 750, to match all the rest
-Reduced the metal planet's metal to a bit less than half. You had put too much into it this time, rendering all other planets useless (maybe that brought me back to your original value, or close to it, I am not sure)
-Increased the thrusters required on the smashable planet from one to three

The only thing that bothers me a bit now is that the tree-rich planet is ugly, but I am not sure how to improve this. It's not a big issue anyway.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Oct 2017 02:27

TheEffectTheCause (aka TETC) has made a custom biome called the Scrapyard biome, which I think serves the same function as your tree-rich planet, but looks cooler and different. We should try to see if we can replace your planet with that. We will need to do some testing though to make sure it's not especially laggy, because a lot of the custom stuff people make lags like hell.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Oct 2017 14:21

Lord Athon just posted the following notice on a French PA Steam group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PAFrancophone

[NW]Lord Athon wrote:On recherche des joueurs FR afin de se retrouver plus souvent pour faire des games entre nous ;) ou participer a de grosses games! Hésitez pas a m'ajouter sous steam et me laisser un MP

It says they are searching for French players to play games between themselves more frequently and to participate in "big games". I guess we might see them on Saturday, but I am not holding my breath for it because I've been waiting for this for over two months. CULT now has a French player too, and normally I would have put him in touch with NW, but until I see that they are serious about playing I am not going to do that.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cosmic War