default header

Cosmic War

Bounty Mode

Moderator: JC Denton

Bounty Mode

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Oct 2017 00:14

In the normal game, your eco increases after you kill a commander because you grab his metal, and build mex on it. Bounty Mode gives you a boost just for killing him.

I know that this mode has some mechanical advantages in certain scenarios, but aesthetically it makes no sense. Why would a commander's eco increase by merely killing another commander? Do his mex suddenly start generating more metal? His pgens more energy? It makes absolutely bollock-all sense how this eco boost happens, and this bothers me.

I wouldn't be surprised if this mode was suggested by modders. Uber agreed to add it, but I suspect it was thought up and promoted by modders, who are typically not very aesthetically sensitive.

I want to use this mode for Battle Royale, because it makes sense there, especially for really large lobbies, but I would be more comfortable with it if someone devised some plausible lore explanation of how it's supposed to work.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Oct 2017 02:16

Via Discord DM:

Diskraip wrote:I'm trying create plausible lore explanation of Bounty Mode. What you think about this? After you kill commander, you take energy core from him, and integrate it to your economic system. And your mex start work faster.

I am satisfied with this solution. He says he might be able to improve it, but even if he doesn't, it's good enough for me as it is.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Oct 2017 02:18

We will try this mode first in Battle Royale, and then, if it works well there, we can discuss if we want to use it for Clan Wars and/or Clan League as well. It won't hurt to us to at least try it in all the events. Just hold a special Clan Wars game with Bounty on and see what happens. Perhaps it will be interesting.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Oct 2017 02:45

Diskraip
I don't think that adding bounty mode in other events is good decision. But we can test it.

icycalm
You are probably right
But even if it's a bad idea, we can still have fun with a special Clan Wars game
We need to do some crazy stuff 2-3 times a year, just for a change

Diskraip
yes, I agree
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cosmic War